What do you think the new songs will be?

wfuckinga

Idk why theyd play OMG, its from a 14 year old movie... silkworms was already debuted live... what 12 years ago? Going downs a huge possibility but i hope axl opts for something else cuz that one leaked... id actually love if all 3 songs had titles weve never heard, just cuz titles leaked... so no soul monster, general, seven etc... well it could be those songs but with a new title, wed never know... cmon n kick the fans in the nutts with somethin awesome

Cool, if they're debuting 12 year old songs. Those songs are old enough to write their own songs... This band is sometimes such a joke. Really shows what way too much money does to creativity.

I know it's a radical suggestion, but it would be great if they'd play something completely new. A couple of rockers and a ballad. You know, something that every rock band has done for the past 40 years.

Edited by jekylhyde

The most realistic guesses that can be made are:

Going down and revamped omg and silkworms

Going down and two new piss bre...erm...I mean solo spots

Two to three new solo spots

"Erm, new songs? Translation please."

Anything else is the neighbor of the realm of dreams.

We'll see though.

Edited by Bobbo

I know I'm being a fucking moron here, but I sincerely believe they mean 2-3 new songs, as in Going Down and 1-2 unreleased songs. That shit better be accompanied by an officially released EP or album, but I think that's what they mean.

I hope they release an EP like Metallica did to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

I dig both of these sentiments but I really don't think there's any sort of release planned for 2014. Not trying to be faux-insider-guy or anything, just going by what I've heard around town.

I'd love for them to release anything I can buy commercially, but I just don't think they're going to in 2014.

Russ: Can you elaborate as to why you don't think they will?

I have faith in Axl, and I do think something is coming in 2014

Nothing solid by any means. Just putting together my own theory based on what the plans so far look like that's all. Like I said, I don't mean to insinuate that I have any sort of inside info at all.

As for having faith, I have no shortage of that. I always hope that every year is going to be a the year they bring something new out.

I'd like to think that not even GNR's bare-faced contempt for its fans would stretch to them using 10 minutes or so of new material as incentive for fans buying tickets to more Greatest Hits shows and then that 10 minutes turning out to be songs they in one case released 14 years ago and in another played live multiple times and discarded 12 years ago. If they're counting 'Going Down', thats fair enough, but:

Old released songs aren't 'new'.

Songs performed 12 years ago aren't 'new'.

If they mean reworked songs, surely they'd say that.

Personally I'd rather hear unreleased CD material than brand new songs or....

I'd settle for Spaghetti Incident II

I flip-flop on that. Yeah, I could dig a new cover album, but the live set already has too many as it is. What would make most sense to me is something akin to Lies. The 3 (hopefully) new songs, a few covers, some live stuff, Ron's Better version...

So.. if im to catch the drift from this forum... all the clamour about new songs being played...even old songs played in a new way some how is gratifying? To me it seems shoddy that there isnt more demand for songs of this current bands right here right now personell...if only for the concerts and not for the albums. Given that CD came and went and all the history attached to it, having identified what works on it and what doesnt...I know that I am SO ready to put that chapter behind me.

If in his blessed pea picking heart , should Axl fight his way through the myriad of oceons of red tape and litigatiounous hell to deliver it down the road...good.. but I think absolutely there has to be some emphasis on the present and current lineups writing and recording ability.

"Band announces they might play up to 3 new songs on upcoming tour (but don't have any expectations other than that, ok?)"

Only in the world of GnR would this even be a thing.

My bet is it'll be Going Down, one UYI song and the return of either OMG or Silkworms. Go GnR! Only took you 6 fucking years!

So.. if im to catch the drift from this forum... all the clamour about new songs being played...even old songs played in a new way some how is gratifying? To me it seems shoddy that there isnt more demand for songs of this current bands right here right now personell...if only for the concerts and not for the albums. Given that CD came and went and all the history attached to it, having identified what works on it and what doesnt...I know that I am SO ready to put that chapter behind me.

If in his blessed pea picking heart , should Axl fight his way through the myriad of oceons of red tape and litigatiounous hell to deliver it down the road...good.. but I think absolutely there has to be some emphasis on the present and current lineups writing and recording ability.

I don´t think people mean they will be thrilled with OMG or Silkworms. It´s about being realistic. I don´t think more demands are gonna get us what we want. We all would´ve love to have at least one more album besides CD. Axl is the way he is. And I don´t see how we can change that. They are getting ready for another tour and a couple of new songs. I wish many things would´ve been different starting with the line up. But it´s not up to me. And getting frustrated all the time and bitchin´about what I don´t have won´t get me anywhere. So I try to make an effort and still be happy that Axl is willing to do something despite that it´s not the ideal situation.