Where is that 2010 energy?!

IncitingChaos

I was bored watching some 2010 videos and Axl put so much energy into performances of the new songs. It's incredible really, he goes from a new set of clothes to sweat dripping from his elbows 3 minutes into the song. I wonder how much of this is emotional energy being released, whether he had a lot of anger at the time or pure determination.

Performances now do not hold this level of energy. It's far more relaxed. I wonder if it just became too much for him to do night in and night out. Maybe less motivated, idk he might be on some really good meds now.

I'd like to think he's going to build that determination once again to when he prepares new songs for the next album. But clearly something depressed him, or he just became exhausted because he was an absolute animal in 2010.

Here's hoping we see the return of this Axl in 2014!

Anyways everyone talks about the voice (which is great!) but how about the energy! Axl still has the abilities to be the best all around performer at age 50+

Too bad half of the people here spent 2010 bitching about Axl's appearance rather than appreciating those performances that were at a level we might never see out of Axl again.

I can understand some of the stuff Axl wore being criticized, but he looked awesome in the vid I posted. A black shirt, Bandana, and jeans. Simple but cool.

And I apologize for bringing this topic up again. It's just easy to forget how amazing some of the performances were not too long ago. Hopefully we will be talking about how great 2014 was in the future!

What's a solid 2010 concert?

For me I don't see this energy at all. I think he lost it all in 2006.

There's no full length pro shot of a 2010 concert. The energy is in the delivery of the vocals. His voice is almost shaking the arena. Axl himself is shaking. He just had the power that year. If you get the chance watch an audience recording from the South America tour, it's really amazing how much he's putting into the performance.

2006 was a different kind of energy so I'm not going to completely disagree with you. I just think you can appreciate both 2006 and 2010. Clearly we all have our favorites, but the 2010 performances had the power in the delivery. I will say 2006 was a more complete performance in terms of the whole show being consistent.

What's a solid 2010 concert?

For me I don't see this energy at all. I think he lost it all in 2006.

There's no full length pro shot of a 2010 concert. The energy is in the delivery of the vocals. His voice is almost shaking the arena. Axl himself is shaking. He just had the power that year. If you get the chance watch an audience recording from the South America tour, it's really amazing how much he's putting into the performance.

2006 was a different kind of energy so I'm not going to completely disagree with you. I just think you can appreciate both 2006 and 2010. Clearly we all have our favorites, but the 2010 performances had the power in the delivery. I will say 2006 was a more complete performance in terms of the whole show being consistent.

I would say Axl had more power in his vocals in 2006. WTTJ Rock Am Ring is a good example. 2010 was killer though. He had way more rasp. His 2006 vocals were very clean at times, like on the Inland Invasion show.

Guest cbgnr666

This is my favorite Don't Cry part from 2010

Skip to 2:40 and listen to how amazing his voice is when he turns it on. It looks like the crowd and Axl recognize how great of a moment it was. It wasn't a deep rasp it was 1992-93 rasp. Perfect!

Yeah Axl never sounded better on Don't Cry than in 2010, old days/more recently whatever. Colmplete power and control.For me the concert from Dublin 2010 where Axl just stands there pissed,is probably the most impressed I've ever been.Ycbm is particularly impressive,considering I never usually find it that great,but in Dublin it is great.

Edited by cbgnr666