The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

People have been telling me to watch Twin Peaks for a while now, I finally started it last week when I was sick and I got through the first season which I really enjoyed. The show is a bit soapy for my taste but still very well written, disturbing, and oddly funny at parts. However I'm 4 or 5 episodes in to the 2nd season and it's just so fucking boring, I keep falling asleep, I hate all the characters at this point aside from Agent Cooper and the soapyness is just getting to be too much. I'm thinking bail. Is it worth watching to the end?

People have been telling me to watch Twin Peaks for a while now, I finally started it last week when I was sick and I got through the first season which I really enjoyed. The show is a bit soapy for my taste but still very well written, disturbing, and oddly funny at parts. However I'm 4 or 5 episodes in to the 2nd season and it's just so fucking boring, I keep falling asleep, I hate all the characters at this point aside from Agent Cooper and the soapyness is just getting to be too much. I'm thinking bail. Is it worth watching to the end?

As much as I adore it up to this point, as soon as the mystery is solved, BAIL. The fuck out of there. Don't look back.

As much as I adore it up to this point, as soon as the mystery is solved, BAIL. The fuck out of there. Don't look back.

Thanks, I'll take your word for it. The direction I see it going is very... ugh, but I've heard the ending is some kind of awesome David Lynch mindfuck and that's really all I'm interested in at this point.

Lost is good for the first few seasons. It will annoy you that you don't get the answers you look for before opening new plot holes. Then it becomes a mess and they clearly just made it up as they went along wothout really having any idea how it would end up. I think alot was effected by a writers strike as well.

Some shows that I really enjoy that have seasons you can catch up on and should all be returning this year:

Rectify

Bates Motel

American Horror Story (currently still running S3)

Hell on Wheels

The Returned (Les Revenants)

Shows that won't be returning but that I think I worth watching

The Killing

Top of the Lake

I hear LOST is a good show to binge on. Thoughts?

Lost is good for the first few seasons. It will annoy you that you don't get the answers you look for before opening new plot holes. Then it becomes a mess and they clearly just made it up as they went along wothout really having any idea how it would end up. I think alot was effected by a writers strike as well.

Yup. Exactly.

Some shows that I really enjoy that have seasons you can catch up on and should all be returning this year:

Rectify

Bates Motel

American Horror Story (currently still running S3)

Hell on Wheels

The Returned (Les Revenants)

Shows that won't be returning but that I think I worth watching

The Killing

Top of the Lake

The Killing is coming back for a 6 episode and final season on Netflix to tie up all loose storylines

Rectify was great...haven't heard if or when it's coming back for a new season

Thanks for the info on The Killing. I'd like to see what happened to Linden.

Rectify is set to come back for 10 episodes summer 2014 according to Sundance channel.

not sure when The Killing is going to be on though. I loved the show. I felt like I was the only one watching after the first season. Thought last season was great.

Rectify was great. One of the more thought provoking shows in awhile

I finally started House of Cards today, watched the first 2 eps. Fantastic so far

• Like 1

I hear LOST is a good show to binge on. Thoughts?

And who watches Downton Abbey?

I enjoyed Lost its like Twin Peaks, always the cliffhanger. So its good to beable to watch it back to back.

Spartacus the same I tried on tv but kept getting stopped. So lost track. Downton to me is for people who want to wallow in the etiquette or classy antiques. Its like a guide to being an english gentlman or someting.

First 3 seasons of Prison Break.

But arent Rome or The Borgias more in the Spartacus vein?

Edited by wasted

Yes. First 2 seasons and then they start pulling the stories from their arse. Rome is excellent. It was actually filmed at cinecitta.