Axl's voice on forthcoming DVD 2012

What does that have to do with buying a piece of crap? There may be a little difference between youtube, DVD, and being at the concert but not much. Without comparing it to the past he still sounds bad.

Um...I'm agreeing with you.

If you have seen the most recent Youtube vids, why are you paying money for a copy of that?

I'm not going to buy the dvd lol. I think very few ppl will.

What would be acceptable numbers for something like this?

It depends. I don't think it will sell good in the USA. And in South America the blu-ray format is something people don't really care about plus high volumes of piracy don't help.

I would say maybe... 7,000 units worldwide? I think the most important thing - for Axl's management - should be that this is a way to promote the current band and let people know who they are.

^not the best way to say "this IS guns n roses" to the masses though :lol:

Assuming there's #notrickery of course.

What did Through the Never sell. Half that and that's the expectation.

But they got something out to the fans 5 years after CD. It's a solid release. It's what this band has been doing since 09.

I wouldn't count your eggs before they hatch

I believe it's gonna sell well. They have the GNR name, the Apettite name and cover, old people will buy it, watch it once or twice. It's not some kind of artistic work, just look at the cover, looks like those DVDs that come with magazines (don't know if these exist outside my country). Don't think this will fail, it sure won't be a smashng success.

Can't wait for the same forum members to crow "I bought 5 copies, 1 for the downstairs DVD player, 1 for the upstairs Blu-Ray player, 1 for my Uncle Jed's house so it's there every time I visit, another for Grandma Bertha's place 'cause we go there every Thanksgiving", etc. :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up
  • Like 2

I believe it's gonna sell well. They have the GNR name, the Apettite name and cover, old people will buy it, watch it once or twice. It's not some kind of artistic work, just look at the cover, looks like those DVDs that come with magazines (don't know if these exist outside my country). Don't think this will fail, it sure won't be a smashng success.

"Old people will buy it" :lol:

just the tricked out bandname, the Appetite cover/ name on it will help making it selling it a few 10.000 more than without 'em.

TB marketing as evil as it gets, just for $$$.
i just wonder if people will throw their GN'R albums in the trash after hearing such a weak Axl on it?

as i said before if the fans from 90s who havent seen or listen anything after illusions tour buy the Dvd they will discover a horrible Axl Rose.Is not the same process for us,we have seen 2001-2002 tour, 2006,2008-14 tour,we have seen all his changes,his great performances,his mickey mouse thing.But imagine jump from illusions to las vegas DvD.!!LOL!!

as i said before if the fans from 90s who havent seen or listen anything after illusions tour buy the Dvd they will discover a horrible Axl Rose.Is not the same process for us,we have seen 2001-2002 tour, 2006,2008-14 tour,we have seen all his changes,his great performances,his mickey mouse thing.But imagine jump from illusions to las vegas DvD.!!LOL!!
Yeah but you have to allow for 20 years and a lot of songs recorded on the albums are not rasp. Some people would prefer 2012 to 2010 because "its less screechy" Edited by Axl_morris

I think its fantastic news that this Blu-Ray is finally coming out !

I also think you guys should be a little more positive - if you don't want to buy it then don't , but Gn'Rs first official Concert DVD in more than 20 years is a great thing :headbang:

And radically diminished expectations is a shit thing.

I think its fantastic news that this Blu-Ray is finally coming out !

I also think you guys should be a little more positive - if you don't want to buy it then don't , but Gn'Rs first official Concert DVD in more than 20 years is a great thing :headbang:

And radically diminished expectations is a shit thing.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about a new GN'R live release but I'm not about to say things like "Well it can't sound as bad as Bridge School, so I think it'll be awesome!!"

from here to eternity….it's gonna b disappointments with Axl eventually for even the

most delusional of Axl worshippers.

it's not particularly great that a show with ashba,bumble etc and bad Axl vocals is coming out

when we could have great live CD's from the Original band or Axl moving forwards.

IMO.

I'm glad London is getting a release as well. Its great Izzy will be on the current band's DVD but not on an old band's DVD

It's always great to see Izzy…but somehow he always seems a bit "out of place" when he's playing with Axl's band. I'm sure he'd be way more comfortable playing with the real Gn'R…

I'm glad London is getting a release as well. Its great Izzy will be on the current band's DVD but not on an old band's DVD

It's always great to see Izzybut somehow he always seems a bit "out of place" when he's playing with Axl's band. I'm sure he'd be way more comfortable playing with the real Gn'R

Lucky for him he was playing with real GN'R ;)

I don't know why this forum tends to think this band isn't Guns. If it wasn't they wouldn't be billed as such. Like it or not, this is legally Guns N' Roses