Axl's voice on forthcoming DVD 2012

So Vegas 2012 3D will be released! Great news for fans and I'm super excited to see it!! question is though: Q- given Axl's voice has come under heavy criticism; will they have had it recorded in parts/layered from previous live shows for certain songs?

Sorry about the copy and paste from phone re small type!

Who knows? If memory serves me right, rockfuel claimed it wasn't. But with the huge backlash that paradise city preview video got last year, maybe they reconsidered. And maybe that's what took so long. Assuming it's actually going to get released this time that is. :shrugs:

I believe the voice in vegas was a little superior to that of the london dvd. I think there is a brownstone on youtube from this show and its impressive.

I don't think they would have edited it at all, however there may be some trickery with how its mixed?

If his voice in on par with london then ill be happy with this release.

Anyway I accept Axls voice if you can forgive YCBM, rocket queen and paradise city.

When Axl sings with that helium clean voice, it's cringeworthy. It's not the same voice that made him famous and it's simply not good. He sounds really bad with the clean voice, hopefully Axl re-recorded the vocals in studio so he sounds more like 09-10.

• Like 2

I don't see how they could possibly release this with him sounding like he actually sounded.

I was just saying that to someone the other day. My guess is there will be some trickery (see what I did there?) which is actually fine by me. Pretty much every live album out there has some sort of over dubs or whatever.

• Like 1

I don't see how they could possibly release this with him sounding like he actually sounded.

I was just saying that to someone the other day. My guess is there will be some trickery (see what I did there?) which is actually fine by me. Pretty much every live album out there has some sort of over dubs or whatever.

I'm in full support of #GNRmoretrickery when it comes to this release.

• Like 1

Yep. I was telling some that if they release it with Axl sounding exactly like he sounded that night, it would be a kin to placing The World's Largest Bullseye on Axl.

I expect there to be re-recorded stuff. There was on Live Era and he sounded much better then. And I'd be disappointed about it too. I'm not even sure why. We all know Axl's vocals were shit. But somehow I'd still be disappointed. Both by a release with crap vocals and a release with re-recorded vocals. Which makes this a lose-lose situation for me.

And that's before I even start considering that it will feature Ashba. I don't know what will be worse. Hearing his playing or seeing him look stupid.

Edited by username

I believe the voice in vegas was a little superior to that of the london dvd. I think there is a brownstone on youtube from this show and its impressive.

It is much better. Much, much better. Civil War sounds almost as good as the late 2011 shows, for instance. YCBM outro sounds as good as any 2010 show.

I don't think the vocals will be re-recorded. Rockfuel were pretty clear about that, so it would be a major 180 if they did:

This is live concert, and should sound like a live concert, not a studio album, especially a concert presented on the big screen in 3D and DVD....Axl believes in raw and pure, he's not a fan of overdubs. We must bow to the MAN.

If you want to hear the studio version, listen to the studio album...If you want to experience a once in a lifetime GNR live concert "spectacle" in 3D or 2D, that sounds super tight, then you'll love this concert film.

We'll see I suppose.

Axl voice for the dvd? worst voice since 2001-2002 but if they choose one song here one song there, check the videos,there are a few decent performance,not you could be mine

These videos aren't from the show being released....

I agree. I would rather have something overdubbed but sounding good, than real and sounding bad. Besides how many "live" albums or dvd's are truly live any more?

I don't think the vocals will be re-recorded. Rockfuel were pretty clear about that, so it would be a major 180 if they did:

We all know what Axl did with live era, so I believe he rerecorded a lot of his vocals for this dvd as well. Besides Axl has the final word, not Rockfuel, and we all know he is a perfectionist. I would say a 180 is EXACTLY what happened, that's probably part of the reason for the delay. But like I said I'd rather have something that sounds good, than bad anyways. This concert will probably end up on VH1 classic and Axis tv, so it might as well sound as good as possible.

No way in hell.

We all have the 11.09.12 concert a mere 12 days prior, and its horrendous in spots. I would never ever release that as is.

Axl voice for the dvd? worst voice since 2001-2002 but if they choose one song here one song there, check the videos,there are a few decent performance,not you could be mine

I have heard this floated before.

Are you suggesting that Axl sounds like dogshit at the shows all around this one, but for this one, somehow, he found the fountain of youth and sounds awesome?

No way in hell.

We all have the 11.09.12 concert a mere 12 days prior, and its horrendous in spots. I would never ever release that as is.

I have heard this floated before.

Are you suggesting that Axl sounds like dogshit at the shows all around this one, but for this one, somehow, he found the fountain of youth and sounds awesome?

The Residency got amazing reviews by those who attended. Did you attend and think he sounded like shit or are you basing your opinion from YouTube?