Nightrain 93 VS Now

There is no comparison. Even the best Nu Axl from either 2006 or 2010 doesn't come anywhere near 88-93 Axl. It's not even a discussion. And the only Nightrain that deserves to be in the conversation with the old band musically is from 2002 with Bucket, but Axl couldn't sing in 2002, so that's out.

There's nothing the new band plays that sounds good enough to even be compared to the old band. How can you compare the band that wrote, created and literally lived that song with a cover band? I can find many more on Youtube, probably better than Nu.

There's nothing the new band plays that sounds good enough to even be compared to the old band. How can you compare the band that wrote, created and literally lived that song with a cover band? I can find many more on Youtube, probably better than Nu.

One out of a million people would prefer the new version to the real deal. It just so happens those people post here. Even less than one in a million who were around back in the day prefer the new to the old.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

No comparison, no contest. Axl ruled the world late 80s, beginning of the 90s, and you can see it, you can feel it. Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage is magic. This is a different time, but that's okay. A lot has happened and he's not 30 anymore, I understand that and I still enjoy GNR today. What I don't understand, is that anyone could pick the 2011 version over the 93 version. Is that an age thing ? I genuinely do not get it.

No comparison, no contest. Axl ruled the world late 80s, beginning of the 90s, and you can see it, you can feel it. Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage is magic. This is a different time, but that's okay. A lot has happened and he's not 30 anymore, I understand that and I still enjoy GNR today. What I don't understand, is that anyone could pick the 2011 version over the 93 version. Is that an age thing ? I genuinely do not get it.

It's partly an age thing. If someone wasn't around back in the day there's no attachment to the old guys so to them Frank Ferrer is just as valid as Steven Adler. 95% of fans who saw the old lineups prefer them.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

are you joking???? anyone that thinks 2011 beats the last concert of 93 if not the best concert of all time perhaps needs to re-examine the physics chemistry and every subject matter taught to them - 2011 isn't bad though but come on

06-07 and 09-10 are not bad. Anything from RIR 4 onwards IS bad, with very few exceptions, GNR and specially Axl are at their worst.

Im a die hard new gnr fan and even i can admit 93' version is superior.

However you have to respect the 20 years difference in Axl. A guitar wont sound any different in 20 years, a singers vocal cords will. Also, the new guys are covering someone elses natural guitar playing. They are changing there styles to match slashs, so, thats why there is an in balance in quality.

Edited by Axl_morris

is this a joke or trolling?

i just woke and I'm on first coffee of the day.

would anyone suggest that the new band plays Nighttrain with guitar solos etc

better than GNR with Slash playing lead?

are anyone of the opinion that it's "better now"?

well,GNR and Slash wrote the song and DJ is covering Slash work in a

way where it's hard to argue that he adds anything or that he plays it better.

again,Slash is miles beyond DJ in pure skills.

i don't think that's up for debate even.(again,just woke and I'm tired).

Why you think they're changing their styles to match Slash? They aren't at all. What Ron and Rich do is keep the basic work while still adding their own spin, usually while playing less memorable guitar bits. Dj usually goes for the same sound but at times (here and there) he does change stuff.

We should be comparing slashs nightrain at stoke to the upcoming nightrain on the vegas blu ray.

Both are mixed, in blu ray, and approved releases by each band.

It comes down to an argument of 3 guitars or 2. Slash will sound more dominating but gnr's version will have a fuller sound. I remember hearing slash play jungle and it wasnt anything on GNR's version... nightain is more lead guitar driven though so slash wins this round.

It'll be down to prefference. Personally I prefer slashs tone over rons shredding, but in a live atmosphere GNR has a richer sound... probably with the extra guitar, synths and keys.

Edited by Axl_morris

Its all about personal taste ,but for me there is Absolutely NO CONTEST - 2002 or 2006 or now are WAY better than the old days .

I love Buckethead's Solo in Boston 02 but I think the greatest Nightrain ever is Rock AM Ring - Slash couldn't hold a Candle to Bumblefoot even if you set him on fire ! lol

And listen to toAxl at 4.07 in the Rock AM Ring Vid - that is even better than 93 ( IMHO )

• Like 1

is this a joke or trolling?

i just woke and I'm on first coffee of the day.

would anyone suggest that the new band plays Nighttrain with guitar solos etc

better than GNR with Slash playing lead?

are anyone of the opinion that it's "better now"?

well,GNR and Slash wrote the song and DJ is covering Slash work in a

way where it's hard to argue that he adds anything or that he plays it better.

again,Slash is miles beyond DJ in pure skills.

i don't think that's up for debate even.(again,just woke and I'm tired).

No worries, it's almost unanimous, only OP likes the 2011 version better. Good morning! ^_^

Its all about personal taste ,but for me there is Absolutely NO CONTEST - 2002 or 2006 or now are WAY better than the old days .

I love Buckethead's Solo in Boston 02 but I think the greatest Nightrain ever is Rock AM Ring - Slash couldn't hold a Candle to Bumblefoot even if you set him on fire ! lol

And listen to toAxl at 4.07 in the Rock AM Ring Vid - that is even better than 93 ( IMHO )

how old are you?

• Like 1