Richard Fortus possibly leaving GNR temporarily?

Fortus is no dummy. He wouldn't leave Gn'R to focus on a band that draws 200 people in Tasmania. I have no idea what his Gn'R salary is but it's gotta be enough to afford him the luxury of touring with The Dead Daisies.

That's half of Tasmania showing up that's a good crowd :lol:

• Like 2

Very interesting. Funny how he talks about writing songs as a band, not being too precious, doing things organically. Richard since day 1 is a side musician for Axl. GNR is one of his jobs. GNR is not a real band, it's Axl's solo project.

Don't know if anything too drastic will happen, but I sure would love that. Including Ron and Tommy leaving. Axl needs a wake up call. Fernando surely isn't they guy to do that neiher is Del James.

You're not a fan of new Guns so of course you'd want key members of the band to leave so it falls apart.

Dont be overly dramatic, a pro-guitar player will pick up where Richard left off in about two weeks of rehearsal, less most likely.

This is the kind of band Axl wants. If it falls apart because people he ignores creatively get fed up then that's his funeral not Richard's.

Doesn't sound like he's leaving. What I take from this is there are currently no plans in place for GnR in the second half of the year. The hopefully part of his statement suggests this could be subject to change. Guns management don't appear to plan much more than six months in advance.

• Like 1

Losing him would be devastating for GNR musically

He's contributed virtually nothing to GNR musically - so I'm not sure how you've worked that out.

As somebody else said, bring back Pauly Huge.

• Like 1

Thread title needs changing, this is why rumours circulate.

I noticed it the other day and put it down to another GNR dry spell. Most, if not all recording for the new dead daisies album has been done.

If richard quit for dead daisies that would mean dizzy would have to quit and I don't see that happening.

Can't blame Richard for pursuing other projects. The guy must get tired of covering other people's songs for years without putting anything new out himself. I think he's great. Love him in GnR. But like all the guys in GnR I could never blame him for wanting more and thus focusing on other things (or quitting completely).

Can't blame Richard for pursuing other projects. The guy must get tired of covering other people's songs for years without putting anything new out himself. I think he's great. Love him in GnR. But like all the guys in GnR I could never blame him for wanting more and thus focusing on other things (or quitting completely).

He didnt record anything on the daisies album and happilly toured with that band. Was happy to tour with thin lizzy too. I think its more of taking up a good oppertunity, than having a desire to create his own stuff.

Guest Len B'stard

All he appears to be saying to me is when he's done with his Guns commitments he'll be free to focus his energy primarily on his other thing, that don't exclude Guns, all it suggests is after that little run Guns ain't gonna be up to much for a while.

• Like 1

Losing him would be devastating for GNR musically

He's contributed virtually nothing to GNR musically - so I'm not sure how you've worked that out.

As somebody else said, bring back Pauly Huge.

This.

Least Fortus doesn't pretend not to be a hired hand unlike Ashba the others.

Very interesting. Funny how he talks about writing songs as a band, not being too precious, doing things organically. Richard since day 1 is a side musician for Axl. GNR is one of his jobs. GNR is not a real band, it's Axl's solo project.

Don't know if anything too drastic will happen, but I sure would love that. Including Ron and Tommy leaving. Axl needs a wake up call. Fernando surely isn't they guy to do that neiher is Del James.

You're not a fan of new Guns so of course you'd want key members of the band to leave so it falls apart.

Dont be overly dramatic, a pro-guitar player will pick up where Richard left off in about two weeks of rehearsal, less most likely.

This is the kind of band Axl wants. If it falls apart because people he ignores creatively get fed up then that's his funeral not Richard's.

Judging by your posts, you're not a fan of new Gn'R either. I like Richard, I don't want him to leave. I think he's an important part of the live shows, and has the potential to be a big part of the next album if Axl will ever give him the chance to contribute.

Only in this forum will you find people that label it "overly dramatic" when talking about people that are in the band for more then 10 years.

Axl may be the most important member or some will say the only one, but it's a natural thing for fans to get attached to members of the band that did so many live shows with Axl and been with the band since 2002.

Judging by your posts, you're not a fan of new Gn'R either. I like Richard, I don't want him to leave. I think he's an important part of the live shows, and has the potential to be a big part of the next album if Axl will ever give him the chance to contribute.

Only in this forum will you find people that label it "overly dramatic" when talking about people that are in the band for more then 10 years.

Axl may be the most important member or some will say the only one, but it's a natural thing for fans to get attached to members of the band that did so many live shows with Axl and been with the band since 2002.

Please stop this "You're not a fan" bullshit. Look, I'm here because I like old GNR, but I love the BH/Finck lineup as well. I'm a big fan as you are. I'm not a fan of the current lineup and I want to hear more music (CD leftovers) from Axl. For this to happen, I guess they need to stop touring for a while. So yes, I wish people would start leaving the band, so maybe Axl could focus on releasing the songs in his vault. Does that make me not a fan? No fucking way! I own many CDs, some DVDs... I support the old band, I bought Chinese Democracy and I believe Axl has some great songs to be released. As a big fan of Axl the musician, I'd like it to happen as soon as possible, even if it means people need to leave his band.

(Or maybe I just enjoy watching this trainwreck falling to pieces...)

Edited by ProstituteComa

Just bring Izzy in if Richard leaves...I doubt it will happen, but if it comes down to it and Axl needs a guitar player to fulfill a tour date then I could see Izzy stepping in for a full show.

that would change my mind about going to Vegas.

im a big Izzy fan.

Please stop this "You're not a fan" bullshit. Look, I'm here because I like old GNR, but I love the BH/Finck lineup as well. I'm a big fan as you are. I'm not a fan of the current lineup and I want to hear more music (CD leftovers) from Axl. For this to happen, I guess they need to stop touring for a while. So yes, I wish people would start leaving the band, so maybe Axl could focus on releasing the songs in his vault. Does that make me not a fan? No fucking way! I own many CDs, some DVDs... I support the old band, I bought Chinese Democracy and I believe Axl has some great songs to be released. As a big fan of Axl the musician, I'd like it to happen as soon as possible, even if it means people need to leave his band.

(Or maybe I just enjoy watching this trainwreck falling to pieces...)

I meant the current new Guns. You're obviously not a fan. This band is very different then the BH/Finck line up. You may be a fan of Axl, but not a fan of the latest incarnation of Guns. My comment was accurate.

Edited by Rovim

true to that, people won't just accept another guitarplayer, if he doesn't have what the rest have how long will it take for a new guy to find his place? No Richard is a part of the band, and an important part agree or not.

I dunno man, Pitman could take a walk and you wouldn't notice...

I agree but at least he wrote stuff for CD.

Richard is the least important member of the group.

False. Frank and Pitman are less important.

I'd say they are equally unimportant footnotes in GNR history.

Can anyone really see anyone in the world saying "Hmmm, I wanted to buy tickets to see GNR, but if Richard Fortus isn't there forget it"?

Richard seems like a nice enough guy and he's a good player, but come on.

• Like 1

You can say whatever you want man, but you're still wrong. Richard is way more important to Gn'R then Frank and Pitman. And Richard wrote the Better chorus riff.

Edited by Rovim

If you see the band live and pay a little attention you will learn that a big part of the great sound of the guitars is because 4tus. A BIG part in that wall of sound.