Heat vs The Departed

Heat vs The Departed  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Heats alright but i prefer The Departed, the characters are more interesting, they draw you in more. Heat, though it's a good film, always has a sort of last hurrah feel to it, like a cinematic equivalent of papering over the cracks, neither Pacinos or De Niros performance was all that in Heat...and lets face it they've not really done shit since.

I have a bad history with Heat too, for one reason or another I hadn't seen it for many years, could never get round to it or I'd watch 20 mins and then get called away somewhere, i must've seen the first 20 mins of that film 5 times before i ever got round to watching it end to end so that can sometimes spoil a film for ya.

It's a remake of LA Takedown isn't it?

Heat by a hair. Heat just has an all star cast....and they all did a heck of a job in it....(In the movie and acting... :lol: )

For being almost 3 hours long, Heat was extremely watchable. Just well edited, acted, written. It was just a well done film.

The Departed was great too, had to go with Heat.

Spot on...both points are right where I stand.

Heat flows remarkably well for a 3 hour movie....well enough that I didn't remember it was 3 hours until you mentioned it. :thumbsup: