Isn't it a great time to be a Gusn N' Roses fan?

Now we have concerts in SA, Vegas concerts I think down the line, even Richard is talking about an album that is almost finished.

It's a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

• Like 1

The concerts are sub-par at very best thus far, so that argument isn't valid. And Axl hasn't even mentioned a new album in years.. The "album" has probably been done for 10 years anyway. Axl and his team just don't want to release their material, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Assuming the album is actually finished and will be released instead of being shelved a decade? Hell yes. Assuming something worth talking about happens at the shows? Yes indeedy.

Thing is though, it's all talk at the present moment, so no, it's not that great to be a GN'R fan at the current moment. The talk is all great, yeah, definitely. But talking is only fun for so long. Stuff's actually gotta happen every once in awhile.

I agree. It's so great that they are touring again and playing the songs people really wanna hear. People don't go to concerts for new songs anyways. Plus Axl sounds great, he looks great. Those hats are a nice touch. The band looks more energized and enthusiastic than ever and the setlist is finally starting to round into shape. Oh yeah and apparently they have a bunch of stuff in the works, maybe even a new album. This really is a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

I agree. It's so great that they are touring again and playing the songs people really wanna hear. People don't go to concerts for new songs anyways. Plus Axl sounds great, he looks great. Those hats are a nice touch. The band looks more energized and enthusiastic than ever and the setlist is finally starting to round into shape. Oh yeah and apparently they have a bunch of stuff in the works, maybe even a new album. This really is a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

This.

The only thing I can add would be...

7161763237_7a1f518a65_b_zps57bc2056.jpg

• Like 1

You know, trolling like this is the reason that so many long time posters have left..I know you're just some idiot sitting behind a keyboard trying to make people laugh, but the shit gets old...

I get that life sucks right now in the Gnr world, but the fact is, it's still a fan forum..

• Like 3

You know, trolling like this is the reason that so many long time posters have left..I know you're just some idiot sitting behind a keyboard trying to make people laugh, but the shit gets old...

I get that life sucks right now in the Gnr world, but the fact is, it's still a fan forum..

And I'm a fan.

I suppose you have a point because you would have to be an idiot to be a fan of Axl's Roses :lol:

You know what gets old?

The setlist!

edit: I'm assuming this was directed at me? if not :hug:

Edited by DR DOOM

I wonder if there are any other message boards where the fans talk as much shit about what they're a fan of as we do. It's just unfortunate that the complaints are generally entirely merited.

I visited some Springsteen forums after I saw him live for the first time in June 2013. They were talking shit about how he was touring the same album for TWO WHOLE YEARS, and how he hadn't released new music since his last album which had come out in MARCH 2012. Some were complaining that he played Born in the USA from start to finish at both the Paris and London shows. God forbid!

I really, really wish they could try being an Axl/GNR fan.

And I'm a fan.

I suppose you have a point because you would have to be an idiot to be a fan of Axl's Roses :lol:

You know what gets old?

The setlist!

edit: I'm assuming this was directed at me? if not :hug:

Hahaha Dr Doom! I agree...it was directed at the thread starter though :)

• Like 1

I have a feeling if I went to a show it would be fine. Maybe not the best ever but still a good show. I guess the set lists reflect what the audience want. The band know what each territory wants. Maybe only the really serious fans are paying that much attention. your average concert goer is just "yeah, Axl Rose!!!"

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here :) but with the current state of things, it is really getting time to release an album (not that stupid remix idea either, rock bands don't do remix albums!!!). Whatever is done from the CD sessions needs to be released. Even if Axl isn't going to make as much money as he hoped to, it's still time to put it out. It doesn't have to be today or this month, but this year really needs to see a new album. Hell that will give Axl the opprotunity to tour for another 6 years, then he can retire and I think most fans would at least accept that result. But one new album of NUgnr, just isn't enough, we need at least two. It will help give credibility to all the nonesense that goes with this band. Honestly it will probably be the worst gnr album yet, but I'm confident in a few good songs being on it, so just release the damn thing. You can't take your music with you once you are dead Axl. What are you hoarding it for? Team Brazil to live comfortably once you are dead? Hell they have had one hell of a ride, the gravy train is going to end at some point. They are not your real family, unless you and Beta are secretly married? I just don't see understand what he is waiting for???

I wonder if there are any other message boards where the fans talk as much shit about what they're a fan of as we do. It's just unfortunate that the complaints are generally entirely merited.

I visited some Springsteen forums after I saw him live for the first time in June 2013. They were talking shit about how he was touring the same album for TWO WHOLE YEARS, and how he hadn't released new music since his last album which had come out in MARCH 2012. Some were complaining that he played Born in the USA from start to finish at both the Paris and London shows. God forbid!

I really, really wish they could try being an Axl/GNR fan.

wow, and here we are, in the 6th year :wow:

This kind of questions make no sense. There is no good or bad time to be fan of a band, you have what you have and if you get tired with it, you know, there are plenty of bands to follow and whorship. So, if you and I are still here is only our fault and if we still take the time to discuss what's going on it must be for something, even if that something is the laughs or the fondness for whining. It would be worse to be Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra fans, they do even less than GNR, I don't know why.

@Amir IIf you've seen anyone compalining on Springsteen's forums, you're doing it wrong.