DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

Exactly - talk about being the eternal pessimist.

Hate Chinese Democracy. OK, one of the Appetite "gods" rejoins. Nah that's shit too. :shrugs:

"gods"? I just call them GNR.

Let's see it the other way around: people claiming the current Guns are awesome and getting their pants wet when they hear an old member is joining.

Wonder how slash feels? There, I said it!

Duff probably doesn't mind being in this toxic environment for a few shows,

Toxic environment. :rofl-lol:

Here's me thinking they were performing in one of the world's most exotic places; not a fuckin' landfill.

Exactly - talk about being the eternal pessimist.

Hate Chinese Democracy. OK, one of the Appetite "gods" rejoins. Nah that's shit too. :shrugs:

Let's see it the other way around: people claiming the current Guns are awesome and getting their pants wet when they hear an old member is joining.

I'm just willing to embrace change (especially if temporary). Others have difficulty with that.

Wonder how slash feels? There, I said it!

Duff probably doesn't mind being in this toxic environment for a few shows,

Toxic environment. :rofl-lol:

Here's me thinking they were performing in one of the world's most exotic places; not a fuckin' landfill.

I'm talking about Axl entourage :P

It's funny how these "old GNR fans" are turning on Duff straightaway. Surely one more original member is what they want, no?

Nah, they just hate everything.

Yes, because all of a sudden, because Duff is joining the band for 5 shows, everything in GNR world is awesome. Some of you need a Ritalin prescription. Your attention span is shit.
This as a standalone thing is fairly awesome. Recognising the good doesn't discount the bad. It's going to be great for those attending.

And for those having Internet access too. ;)

• Like 1

Just have Slash and Izzy and Adler along for the ride too and have them re-record ChiDem then get a sequel out! Might as well go this route it'd probably be easier. I always understood why Axl hated the idea of a reunion but he's doing nothing else and I'm all out of patience for anything new.

You're kidding right? Slash would chop his big toe off to join GNR again man, that's not taking sides because I love slash as much as Axl but please!! I bet he's not overly keen just sayin

I think he'd love to be in GNR... the 80's GNR. The current GNR with Axl's mom in charge, no, I'm certain that he doesn't want to be in that band.

You're kidding right? Slash would chop his big toe off to join GNR again man, that's not taking sides because I love slash as much as Axl but please!! I bet he's not overly keen just sayin

I think he'd love to be in GNR... the 80's GNR. The current GNR with Axl's mom in charge, no, I'm certain that he doesn't want to be in that band.

I completely disagree.

It's funny how these "old GNR fans" are turning on Duff straightaway. Surely one more original member is what they want, no?

What the fuck are you talking about? The reaction by the vast majority of posters, old guns fans included, has been positive.

Yes, because all of a sudden, because Duff is joining the band for 5 shows, everything in GNR world is awesome. Some of you need a Ritalin prescription. Your attention span is shit.
This as a standalone thing is fairly awesome. Recognising the good doesn't discount the bad. It's going to be great for those attending.

That's fine if you feel that way. I don't, but whatever. But don't turn it into a "oh, you're never happy" thing or an "oh, you just luv Splash so much" thing, cuz it ain't about that. I could give a fuck about 5 shows. I want Axl to further his career. Until he does, and especially when he's singing like he is right now, the rest is just repackaging the same tired nostalgia crap.
Fair enough. I think a lot of us want that too but sometimes you've just got to roll with what's on offer. A lot of people love Duff, it's not just about Axl, so for those people it's a great thing.

I completely disagree.

Same here.

Man Duff on CD songs, I never thought I would see this :)

I completely disagree.

If you're talking about one show or a guest appearance, ok maybe, but join permanently? Hell no.

That's fine if you feel that way. I don't, but whatever. But don't turn it into a "oh, you're never happy" thing or an "oh, you just luv Splash so much" thing, cuz it ain't about that. I could give a fuck about 5 shows. I want Axl to further his career. Until he does, and especially when he's singing like he is right now, the rest is just repackaging the same tired nostalgia crap.
I've told you a million times that this is as good as it's going to get. Axl's career is at the end. Duff coming back for what could very well be the last time is something worth getting excited about because it's a chance to say goodbye. Something we'll never even get with Slash or Steven.
  • Like 1

I like Duff being back, it's cool to see one of the originals but I just think he might as well go the whole mile cause he's doing nothing to make this incarnation of the band seem like a true GNR outfit, I have massive expectations for these guys the last four years but the leader just ain't prepared to let them loose so ya know, if he's gonna have Duff onstage for a show get the others back and let's hear something new from Axl that way!