DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

Something to consider: Brain "temporarily" left to tend to his pregnant wife, but was permanently replaced by Frank. Do you think it's possible that Tommy could be permanently replaced by Duff? There's no overestimating the attention Duff's presence will receive. Axl is always conscious of the crowd's response to things.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Something to consider: Brain "temporarily" left to tend to his pregnant wife, but was permanently replaced by Frank. Do you think it's possible that Tommy could be permanently replaced by Duff? There's no overestimating the attention Duff's presence will receive.

I guess that depends on what's up with The Replacements. Also depends on if Duff wants to be a part of GN'R again. It's cool to know he's at least open to the idea of doing full gigs again, even if it's only as a fill-in.

Something to consider: Brain "temporarily" left to tend to his pregnant wife, but was permanently replaced by Frank. Do you think it's possible that Tommy could be permanently replaced by Duff? There's no overestimating the attention Duff's presence will receive. Axl is always conscious of the crowd's response to things.

It's possible but don't think it'll happen.

Something to consider: Brain "temporarily" left to tend to his pregnant wife, but was permanently replaced by Frank. Do you think it's possible that Tommy could be permanently replaced by Duff? There's no overestimating the attention Duff's presence will receive.

Interesting point but I don't know if it'll generate THAT much attention. For us, it's very cool but for everyone else, I'm not sure. The attention wasnt very big when Loaded opened for GNR in Seattle and Vancouver and even played some songs with them on stage. I hope he stays though, that'd be great.

This is GN'R Nothing would surprise me m8

I guess that depends on what's up with The Replacements. Also depends on if Duff wants to be a part of GN'R again. It's cool to know he's at least open to the idea of doing full gigs again, even if it's only as a fill-in.

Axl is big into loyalty. He may be a bit bummed that "The General" opted for The Replacements over GNR.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Duff has some serious diplomacy work ahead of him to get the HOF guns going again. This will take Kissinger level shit.

That´s what I´m hoping. He has days to spend with Axl. Plenty of time to talk about many issues.

Where am I getting ahead of myself? I'm just asking a question based on previous events.

So does this make the "nostalgia tour" cool?

the current lineup is dead creatively, minds well play the old hits with some of the people that makes you feel nostalgic in the first place.

Axl is big into loyalty. He may be a bit bummed that "The General" opted for The Replacements over GNR.

I truly doubt Axl would ever fire Tommy if that's what you're talking about. But I think Axl understands the situation; the contractual stuff for Coachella would've been sorted out long before this South American tour was booked. There really wasn't any way around it unless GN'R cancelled some gigs.

Where am I getting ahead of myself? I'm just asking a question based on previous events.

I'm just saying, we've only just found out that Duff will be making appearances for 5 gigs and people are already talking about Duff coming back full time... Duff has made appearances in the past before so this really isn't out of the ordinary, only this time they are entire gigs.

I truly doubt Axl would ever fire Tommy if that's what you're talking about. But I think Axl understands the situation; the contractual stuff for Coachella would've been sorted out long before this South American tour was booked. There really wasn't any way around it unless GN'R cancelled some gigs.

Indeed.

I always enjoy how quick a positive thing like this is ruined. 5 pages of "this is awesome" and then the negativity seeps in "Axls voice is still shit". I don't deny Axl isn't in good shape, nobody can but... when we get something good in the GnR world I think we should relish it.

Lets save the negativity until after the shows, if Duff can't play his parts or Axl sings even worse than previous shows we can go all out and destroy them if that's what you want to do.

I for one haven't been blown away by recent events and would like to enjoy this for what it is, I would recommend everybody to do the same :)

• Like 1

I think the biggest issue working against Tommy rejoining The Replacements and Duff rejoining GN'R on a permanent basis is the money. Yeah, The Replacements is probably closer to Stinson's heart, he made it with his brother after all, but GN'R has to net him more cash. Duff may also be up to other things.

But who knows, we may very well end up with a Brain/Frank situation again. I won't get too excited at the possibility though.

Interesting point but I don't know if it'll generate THAT much attention. For us, it's very cool but for everyone else, I'm not sure. The attention wasnt very big when Loaded opened for GNR in Seattle and Vancouver and even played some songs with them on stage. I hope he stays though, that'd be great.

Umm!? Duff rejoining GnR in any capacity is big for rock news, it will be picked up by the usual rock news sites and will likely give the reunion requests another kick.

I truly don't think we are never losing Tommy.. Why not have them both in the band though? Duff would certainly spark some creativity into Axl and both him and tommy would be able to share the touring load so they could both work on other projects when needed.. For Christ sake we have two people on keyboards haha why not on bass

I saw DUFF with GNR in London and I know how people are going to feel..this is going to be an amazing experience for the fans.

I also saw Izzy...in Hammerstein Ballroom and in London...to be honest..as a performer, he is so stiff and i really dont think his guitar was even

plugged cause I couldnt hear a thing, he walks like a mummy might aswell have a wax mannequin and strap a gibson...you have Izzy live today.

Izzy was an amazing perfromer in the 80's.....and he is the back bone of GNR songwritting....but I take Fortus live any day.

I think the biggest issue working against Tommy rejoining The Replacements and Duff rejoining GN'R on a permanent basis is the money.

I doubt highly Duff would ever come back full time as Axl's employee, and that is what will always stand in the way of anything more than a few shows like we see now.

Axl would never be willing to pay Duff what it would cost to have him in the band full time.

Umm!? Duff rejoining GnR in any capacity is big for rock news, it will be picked up by the usual rock news sites and will likely give the reunion requests another kick.

It was not big rock news previously. The show I went to with Duff was not even close to being sold-out and the entire upper deck was roped off. If it was some epic second coming of GNR I think people would give a shit enough to sell out a single show. And yet...they didn't.

This will mostly likely be different as it's South America and he's doing a full show so I guess we'll find out.

I saw DUFF with GNR in London and I know how people are going to feel..this is going to be an amazing experience for the fans.

I also saw Izzy...in Hammerstein Ballroom and in London...to be honest..as a performer, he is so stiff and i really dont think his guitar was even

plugged cause I couldnt hear a thing, he walks like a mummy might aswell have a wax mannequin and strap a gibson...you have Izzy live today.

Izzy was an amazing perfromer in the 80's.....and he is the back bone of GNR songwritting....but I take Fortus live any day.

honestly for live purposes, a reunion can be Axl slash and duff and whoever else. If they wrote an album izzy should definitely be involved but they'd survive without him touring.