DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

No shit ... Duff is coming back to play full shows with the guy who once forced him to sign/give up from GN'R name? Is he really coming back to play in a band whose name should be Axl's band?

Great :)

"forced him to sign over the name" fact check.... I thought it was common knowledge on here that the "official story" is anything but official. Nobody was "forced" to sign anything. Why do we have to keep bringing up the same shit... and always with points that aren't even fact, say what you want but Axl made a good point when he said he would have been legally cremated if he "forced" the others into giving the name away. If what he did was a snake business move Slash and duff could have won the court cases to block newguns... but they didn't. gave the name up fare and square, end of story. Only people that you should be angry at are Slash and Duff.

I wonder if Axl would be willing to make a past member an official member again if they joined again, I'm sure they would receive the same money for the songs they played on and the concerts would be divided equally but would he share control... I know he fought for it back in the day but maybe now he would welcome it to take some of the pressure off himself. I think it's unlikely, he is very paranoid and doesn't trust easily so... it's hard to call. completely hypothetical scenario of course I don't expect old members to join permanently unless there's a real reunion happening... and that ain't on the the cards as of the last time Axl talked publicly about the idea.

• Like 1

They are gonna play Shackler's 12 times in a row just for that funky bass part, Duff is gonna ask specifically for this to happen and scream NO ONE IS STOPPIN' YOU FROM REUNITING WHAT YOU'RE WANTING TO NO ONE IS STOPPIN YOU NOW STOPPIN YOU NOW *BOMBOM* I DON'T BELIEVE THERE'S A SEQUEL I DON'T BELIEVE IT

Apr 6, 2014 Ferro Stadium Buenos Aires, Argentina
Apr 9, 2014 Jockey Club Asuncion, Paraguay
Apr 12, 2014 Estadio Hernando Siles La Paz, Bolivia
Apr 15, 2014 Chevrolet Hall Recife, Brazil
Apr 17, 2014 Centro de Eventos de Fortaleza Fortaleza, Brazil

You're kidding right? Slash would chop his big toe off to join GNR again man, that's not taking sides because I love slash as much as Axl but please!! I bet he's not overly keen just sayin

I agree! Slash would give anything to be back in the most dangerous band in the world. There's nothing dangerous or exciting about being in a productive band who's releasing music consistently, touring the new songs, with guys you like and who you have great chemistry with. No way. Life is about taking risks so rejoining Guns is exactly what Slash probably wants. Never knowing when you're gonna take the stage, not sure which singer will show up, never knowing if you'll ever release another album, being able to perfect riffs you created almost 30 years ago on a nightly basis. I mean Slash has been there done that when it comes to having a prolific and successful post GnR career. It's old hat. Why not go back to the unknown of twiddling your thumbs until the singer says jump.
Don't you have some pansy rock to blabber on about?

Haha you mean that band who releases new music their fans enjoy, new music videos, does interviews, plays award shows and late night talk shows, who still sound amazing live even the singer. That band who doesn't look like geriatric versions of their former selves, who respect their fan base, who update their fans regularly...... You wish you had "pansy rock" to blabber on about but all you have is a cover band of a once classic rock band. Carry on Macho rocker, carry on! :headbang:

No shit ... Duff is coming back to play full shows with the guy who once forced him to sign/give up from GN'R name? Is he really coming back to play in a band whose name should be Axl's band?

"forced him to sign over the name" fact check.... I thought it was common knowledge on here that the "official story" is anything but official. Nobody was "forced" to sign anything. Why do we have to keep bringing up the same shit... and always with points that aren't even fact, say what you want but Axl made a good point when he said he would have been legally cremated if he "forced" the others into giving the name away. If what he did was a snake business move Slash and duff could have won the court cases to block newguns... but they didn't. gave the name up fare and square, end of story. Only people that you should be angry at are Slash and Duff.

I wonder if Axl would be willing to make a past member an official member again if they joined again, I'm sure they would receive the same money for the songs they played on and the concerts would be divided equally but would he share control... I know he fought for it back in the day but maybe now he would welcome it to take some of the pressure off himself. I think it's unlikely, he is very paranoid and doesn't trust easily so... it's hard to call. completely hypothetical scenario of course I don't expect old members to join permanently unless there's a real reunion happening... and that ain't on the the cards as of the last time Axl talked publicly about the idea.

He was being sarcastic.

You're kidding right? Slash would chop his big toe off to join GNR again man, that's not taking sides because I love slash as much as Axl but please!! I bet he's not overly keen just sayin

I agree! Slash would give anything to be back in the most dangerous band in the world. There's nothing dangerous or exciting about being in a productive band who's releasing music consistently, touring the new songs, with guys you like and who you have great chemistry with. No way. Life is about taking risks so rejoining Guns is exactly what Slash probably wants. Never knowing when you're gonna take the stage, not sure which singer will show up, never knowing if you'll ever release another album, being able to perfect riffs you created almost 30 years ago on a nightly basis. I mean Slash has been there done that when it comes to having a prolific and successful post GnR career. It's old hat. Why not go back to the unknown of twiddling your thumbs until the singer says jump.

Haha you mean that band who releases new music their fans enjoy, new music videos, does interviews, plays award shows and late night talk shows, who still sound amazing live even the singer. That band who doesn't look like geriatric versions of their former selves, who respect their fan base, who update their fans regularly...... You wish you had "pansy rock" to blabber on about but all you have is a cover band of a once classic rock band. Carry on Macho rocker, carry on! :headbang:
No, I mean those lame bands that only pansies give a shit about while anyone with decent taste wishes they would just stop unleashing their feminine spray on the public. Like U2 for example.

Just imagine a scenario where Amir sold the ticket. :lol:

Apr 6, 2014 Ferro Stadium Buenos Aires, Argentina
Apr 9, 2014 Jockey Club Asuncion, Paraguay
Apr 12, 2014 Estadio Hernando Siles La Paz, Bolivia
Apr 15, 2014 Chevrolet Hall Recife, Brazil
Apr 17, 2014 Centro de Eventos de Fortaleza Fortaleza, Brazil

So faaar away! :confused:

Agreed! :)

• Like 1

He was being sarcastic.

No, I mean those lame bands that only pansies give a shit about while anyone with decent taste wishes they would just stop unleashing their feminine spray on the public. Like U2 for example.

U2 SUUUUUUCKS!!!!

pansy ass leprechaun singer..

Edited by SOLGER
  • Like 1

In the Seattle gig where Duff showed up rasp appeared. Axl sang Welcome to the Jungle with mostrous full on rasp. iirc Duff was on stage during You Could be Mine. Axl begun the song in rasp, but couldn't quite maintain it. It was still a great performance though.

https://twitter.com/DuffMcKagan/status/450733002645970944/photo/1

"Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brazil! See y'all in the next few weeks, Si? GNR. pic.twitter.com/nO0GvreaH7 "

Duff confirmed on his twitter that he was playing with GN'R for 5 shows in South America. And, not surprisingly, they will perform So Fine with him back. Hopefully they do Cornshucker too :)