DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

Someone was saying on the Gnr tracker chat that this show on the 6th is going to be streamed or something " Hello, the site http://www.vorterix.com/ is going to transmit the Guns and Roses Argentina Concert of this Sunday 6 in Ferro Carril Oeste Stadium. This page is going to transmit the full concert in a great quality in HD. So, someone could record the entire concert ?. This can be made with the programa Camtasia Studio 7. Thank you very much.

"

Edited by Gibbo 27

I think Duff BBF and 4TUS had an amazing chemistry...now Slash today just like Axl isnt even a shadow of what he used to be live...I almost walked out last time I saw him..but

I think Myles "dying cat voice" Kennedy might have had a lot to do with it..fucking annoying voice.

Slash is still great actually.. you are right about Myles though.

I really believe Axl is the weakest link.. Slash and Duff still play their instruments just as well or maybe even better than they used to. But Mickey Mouse isn't the Axl we used to love.

Anyways.. I guess no new songs will be played. It's still a nostalgia tour, just with Duff on board.

Edited by Lethalis

This is the shit I love wasting my time thinking about with GNR.

Will Duff & Axl really talk about the Slash war, does Duff actually want to help to end that war?

Did Duff stall the Live Vagas DVD for more money also but relented in return for this gig and a hefty cheque?

Will Duff travel with Axl or remain outside the enablers to travel with the band?

If Axl ups his game for the last few gigs, what does that tell the current band members?

Axl appears to have let go of his ambition to raise nuGNR to the level of old GNR. Maybe he's thinking oldGNR again?

He said never, but back in the day if if he was told he'd be a paunchy, grumpy guy, barely squeaking his way through the same set list for 3 years I'd say he'd have spat at you. Things have not ended as he had visualised.

More rubbernecking left to do....thanks Axl...just when I write you off you confound me with shit like this!! :headbang:

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

The million dollar quesrion here is why Duff!?

I'm sure Axl could have foiund a decent replacement bass player for those shows besides Duff....

So by choosing Duff, Axl opts to deliberatly:

- Raise the whole GnR reunion discussion once again...

- Focus on 'old' music once again

- Make the new band members feel somewhat unconfortable

So WTF has Axl really to gain from this 'reunion' with Duff?

I'm sure Axl could have foiund a decent replacement bass player for those shows besides Duff....

Well with Tobias, Bucket, Brain and Finck all long gone the "new GNR" in it's current form is pretty much the D team, it's not going anywhere in the "bury appetite/new music" department so a reunion is the way to go.

AXL: CALL SLASH

Think you're reading into it too much.

Duff knows all the old material they play and could prob easily learn the few CD tracks that they do. Seems like the perfect replacement while Tommy's gone. He doesn't have to learn much to get ready for the shows.

Plus, they're friends again so why not and duff must not of been busy.

Edited by nightrain86

Duff knows all the old material they play and could prob easily learn the few CD tracks that they do. Seems like the perfect replacement while Tommy's gone. He doesn't have to learn much to get ready for the shows.

And it's a nice treat for the fans.

• Like 1

It´s just a few shows. Nothing knew if you think Izzy joined the band in 93 when Gilby had the accident. I guess this time Axl could´ve told Tommy to cancel the shows with The Replacements. But we don´t know what kind of contract Tommy has with both both bands

believe me, a session bass player could learn this shit in a week. Duff is being cjhosen because he is Duff. Maybe Axl finally realises that star power from others in the band rather than just from him is to be embraced not crushed.

Since

It´s just a few shows. Nothing knew if you think Izzy joined the band in 93 when Gilby had the accident. I guess this time Axl could´ve told Tommy to cancel the shows with The Replacements. But we don´t know what kind of contract Tommy has with both both bands

Could it be that Axl is testing the waters for a full Duff return to the band? It's been spoken in the past, I believe MSL mentioned something about that...

Just to clarify, is Duff definitely playing Paraguay? A quick check of walking papers tour dates says they are supposed to be playing Seattle that day (source: http://www.songkick.com/artists/5875959-walking-papers).

First tour date on Walking Papers website is June 6th in Denmark.

Several websites still state that Walking Papers are playing Petty Fest in LA and Seattle...

Since

Could it be that Axl is testing the waters for a full Duff return to the band? It's been spoken in the past, I believe MSL mentioned something about that...

Marc Canter has said that no former member would return as a permanent again without the other originals. Besides Duff seems happy with Walking Papers.

maybe because he knows it will annoy Slash :)

Since

Marc Canter has said that no former member would return as a permanent again without the other originals. Besides Duff seems happy with Walking Papers.

It's not like GNR is a fulltime band at the moment, not like original Guns. The other members have side-projects: BBF has his solo career, Richard en Dizzy have Dead Daisies, Tommy has Replacements (obviously) and DJ Ashba has his SWAG. Mind you, I'm not saying Duff would like to return permanent, I don't know, but the situation now is a whole lot different than it used to be twenty years ago.

Edited by Lio

The slow return of the old band to GNR is a nice idea in theory but good luck to the idea of the old band members surrendering their artistic and business freedom to that shambles of a business organisation called Team Brazil.

Won't happen in a million years.

In fact, I'd say Slash & Duff have enough dynamism, experience and business smarts to run GNR without managers..Mick Jagger did it..

Either way, Duff is here to bring something to this leg of the tour, he'll come & go and things will be back to normal...i.e. the EMO Manchild talking up how dangerous and unpredictable "his" band are.

I'd love for Duff to replace Tommy for good. Nobody needs him, if we're honest.

There are very few people I actually care about in this new band. Tommy is one of them. I'd argue that everyone else, other than Fortus and MAYBE Bumble could be replaced and no one would care.

Tommy has been there since the beginning. There are very few constants in this band nowadays so Tommy is a welcome one.

Edited by classicguns4life