DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

The million dollar quesrion here is why Jeff!?

I'm sure Eddie could have foiund a decent replacement bass player for those shows besides Jeff....

So by choosing Jeff, Eddie opts to deliberatly:

- Raise the whole PJ reunion discussion once again...

- Focus on 'old' music once again

- Make the new band members feel somewhat unconfortable

So WTF has Eddie really to gain from this 'reunion' with Jeff?

Jeff was the one who probably suggested Jeff cover those dates (as he has said in past interviews), they probably had no idea if Jeff could even get the time to do those dates. Jeff doesn't seem to mind the "on a moment's notice" for a few shows, but I doubt he would agree to ever join PJ permanently, any more than he wanted to stay with Janes Addiction. I'm sure he wishes Matt was also going.

I would think Jeff's name came up out of pure logic - he already knows the vast majority of the songs. Sure, he's likely forgotten a few things on some of the songs he really hasn't done since 1993 but generally speaking after a couple rehearsals it wouldn't take long for a musician of his caliber to get back into the swing of things so he was the obvious choice. I too wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Jeff who suggested it.

Is Jeff playing the solo spots and jams too? Can't imagine Jeff playing la Bella Vita or Abnormal...

I would imagine yes, Jeff will be learning and playing those songs. It will be an unusual sight for sure but cool nonetheless.

Edit: Why the fuck did my school computer autocorrect Jeff to Jeff? :lol:

Edit 2: Jesus, I can't get around that. Mr. Ament is now Jeff. It even changed it in the damn quotes.

Edit 3: Fucking April Fools. It's not autocrrect is it? :lol:

Best April fools this year! :D

Looking back at the set Jeff is learning from, that's Eddie's handwriting, isn't it?

Edited by NGOG

I hope at least one of these shows gets filmed....

What's the point of film this shows with SPLASH blocking the shit outta those DVDs.

I was actually thinking something like a screen-shot bootleg, or a multicam, but a pro-shot would be ok too. The upside and downside to that is soundboard vocals....

April 6th, Buenos Aires.

Tonight it's Florianopolis, home of the some of the most fantastic women in the world. Let's hope they motivate Axl to keep getting better. If improvement stays at this rate we might get some epic moments when Duff comes on stage.

This is cool in my book. Can't believe Duff will play cd songs though. Can't believe they even bother playing cd songs at all anymore come to think of it.

Is it really necessary? The audience wouldn't care.

hey Amir! good news for u!!!

And bad news for my bank account. Fuck you, Duff, just splurged on VIP so I can gaze upon your platinum blonde locks :lol:

Dude, reconsider before it's too late! :lol:

if anyone goes to these shows and stands front row, be advised that Duff spits A LOT when he sings... I went to a Loaded gig and basically got a Duff shower :(

Edited by Scumcat Esq.
  • Like 1

And bad news for my bank account. Fuck you, Duff, just splurged on VIP so I can gaze upon your platinum blonde locks :lol:

dude, would you please get a decent video recording device for the show for us?

Having Axl & Duff makes me want to see it live!!

I saw Axl/Cover Band in 2010! It was great because Axl was Bad Ass in MTL 2010!!

But I would always pay the big price for Slash/Izzy/Gilby/DUFF/Sorum/Adler on Stage with Axl :headbang:

And everyone knows wen Duff will be there AXL will give it its all to make it seem he still is awesome and on top of his Game!!

Its ganny be So Cool Axl & DUFF :axl92::headbang:

dude, would you please get a decent video recording device for the show for us?

I've got my 4S, that's it :/ No money for a high-end camera after all this!