DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

I'm not really sure if Duff coming back is that good really. I mean... Tommy is a GNR legend, they guy has been there for longer than any other member, minus Axl. Not hearing Tommy's basslines would really suck if I were attending. Hopefully Tommy will be back soon.

I wonder if Dizzy thinks this is the new greatest line up lol

:lol:

Tommy is a GNR legend,

to you maybe..to Joe Schmo..not even close. believe me, NOBODY in the crowd will think that, even Axl won't be thinking that as people loose their shit to see Duff & Axl play together.

Any bets that Izzy might show?

Bringing Duff in for some shows is cool for the fans but it doesn't change the fact we haven't got any new songs.

It doesn't change the fact that after 20 years this is still the most exciting thing since the original band broke up.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Duff fan it's cool to see him with Axl

Duff will come in play a couple of songs at the shows and then leave which will leave us back to where we are now

Fairly telling that Duff playing some gigs is the big news of this tour.

Of course Duff agreed to this, first, he's going to have a blast but...he's no fool, he's keeping the wheel greased for the future and any remote possibility of getting the lads back together.

Keep the flame lit ya know?

Well, this is motivation to actually bother to keep track of the rest of this tour..bring on Raw Power.

Go Duff..

maybe duff can convince axl to come out for the next KoC show or audition for VR

Bringing Duff in for some shows is cool for the fans but it doesn't change the fact we haven't got any new songs.

It doesn't change the fact that after 20 years this is still the most exciting thing since the original band broke up.

I thought it was the Hammerstein Shows Izzy played back in 2006

There is absolutely no chance of Slash rejoining. Some of you are forgetting that Axl was publicly open to working with Duff as far back as 2008. Duff temporarily rejoining does not suggest that Axl is even remotely more open to a reunion.

Mike420's theory is pure lol.

Edited by NGOG

Just to clarify, is Duff definitely playing Paraguay? A quick check of walking papers tour dates says they are supposed to be playing Seattle that day (source: http://www.songkick.com/artists/5875959-walking-papers).

First tour date on Walking Papers website is June 6th in Denmark.

Several websites still state that Walking Papers are playing Petty Fest in LA and Seattle...

Tommy can replace Duff for those dates ;)

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

awesome news. Duff back in his rightful spot.

Hope Tommy goes back to the replacements now or breaks his arm so Duff can do the Vegas leg too.

I want to see him doing a whole set with the band!!

• Like 1

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Hope Tommy goes back to the replacements now or breaks his arm so Duff can do the Vegas leg too.

This site needs more SLAA. Keep it up.

Aw thanks :) How are you?

Now now that's meanie!

Ah you know I'm not serious! I'm going to Vegas and would love to see Duff play a full set. You can't blame me!

This site needs more SLAA. Keep it up.

Aw thanks :) How are you?

Now now that's meanie!

Ah you know I'm not serious! I'm going to Vegas and would love to see Duff play a full set. You can't blame me!
Doing good here, how about you?

The million dollar quesrion here is why Duff!?

I'm sure Axl could have foiund a decent replacement bass player for those shows besides Duff....

So by choosing Duff, Axl opts to deliberatly:

- Raise the whole GnR reunion discussion once again...

- Focus on 'old' music once again

- Make the new band members feel somewhat unconfortable

So WTF has Axl really to gain from this 'reunion' with Duff?

Tommy was the one who probably suggested Duff cover those dates (as he has said in past interviews), they probably had no idea if Duff could even get the time to do those dates. Duff doesn't seem to mind the "on a moment's notice" for a few shows, but I doubt he would agree to ever join GNR permanently, any more than he wanted to stay with Janes Addiction. I'm sure he wishes Matt was also going.

The million dollar quesrion here is why Jeff!?

I'm sure Eddie could have foiund a decent replacement bass player for those shows besides Jeff....

So by choosing Jeff, Eddie opts to deliberatly:

- Raise the whole PJ reunion discussion once again...

- Focus on 'old' music once again

- Make the new band members feel somewhat unconfortable

So WTF has Eddie really to gain from this 'reunion' with Jeff?

Jeff was the one who probably suggested Jeff cover those dates (as he has said in past interviews), they probably had no idea if Jeff could even get the time to do those dates. Jeff doesn't seem to mind the "on a moment's notice" for a few shows, but I doubt he would agree to ever join PJ permanently, any more than he wanted to stay with Janes Addiction. I'm sure he wishes Matt was also going.

I would think Jeff's name came up out of pure logic - he already knows the vast majority of the songs. Sure, he's likely forgotten a few things on some of the songs he really hasn't done since 1993 but generally speaking after a couple rehearsals it wouldn't take long for a musician of his caliber to get back into the swing of things so he was the obvious choice. I too wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Jeff who suggested it.

Is Jeff playing the solo spots and jams too? Can't imagine Jeff playing la Bella Vita or Abnormal...

I would imagine yes, Jeff will be learning and playing those songs. It will be an unusual sight for sure but cool nonetheless.

Edit: Why the fuck did my school computer autocorrect Jeff to Jeff? :lol:

Edit 2: Jesus, I can't get around that. Mr. Ament is now Jeff. It even changed it in the damn quotes.

Edit 3: Fucking April Fools. It's not autocrrect is it? :lol:

Edited by James Bond
  • Like 3

There is absolutely no chance of Slash rejoining. Some of you are forgetting that Axl was publicly open to working with Duff as far back as 2008. Duff temporarily rejoining does not suggest that Axl is even remotely more open to a reunion.

Mike420's theory is pure lol.

Hey I know I'm stretching, but you never know. I never thought DLR would ever be back in Van Halen, yet he is...

I'm sure everyone has a wait and see how it goes type approach to this, but as many have already said, just seeing Duff play the whole show in HIS role is going to make the crowd go absolutly ape shit. Axl and the rest of the band will see this, so will Duff. I think deep down inside Duff is doing this to try and ignite some sort of reunion, and I for one hope it works. Even if that means we never hear any of the CD leftovers. I'm not saying Slash is going to be on the next plane down to SA to rejoin, he does have previous engagements such as opening for Aerosmith. But lets say that Duff does in fact rejoin permenatly. He isn't going to stop being friends with Slash, but at the same time gnr becomes A LOT closer to being legit than Slash and Myles are, it may make Slash think about some things. Sure he can keep playing gnr songs if he wants, but now he looks like the cover band, especially if Izzy shows up now and again. Like I said before, I find it a little strange that a day or two before Duff makes the anouncement, Matt Sorum also expressed his interest in "being in a big band again." They all miss it, Slash included. I bet they all wish at times that they would have never quit and just let Axl get through his CD era. Because obviously Axl doesn't have anything left individually now, we all know that is apparent.

All I'm saying is this could very well be the first step towards something huge....

WTF, how did you do that???

Edited by Mike420

Just to see how far this goes.

Slash = S lash

Duff McKagan= D uff M cKagan

Axl Rose= A xl R ose

Izzy Stradlin= I zzy S tradlin

Steven Adler= S teven A dler

Matt Sorum = M att S orum

Buckethead = B uckethead

Paul Tobias = P aul T obias

Robin Finck = R obin F inck