DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

great news. not as cool as the HoF lineup but still great. fans will love it.

Interesting.. So you think Duff slash and Adler (Plus the cult drummer) are cooler then Axl and Duff? How bout Axl and izzy?

Of course. The drummer is called Matt Sorum by the way. They are all still on top of their games, even Steven! Axl and Izzy is cool as well, but Axl's voice is complete shit and you simply don't hear Izzy's guitar. The HoF performance was just awesome in every aspect. This is off topic though.

Welcome back Duff.

• Like 1

Someone made the comment that when they were on stage together in Seattle (I believe) that Axl was singing extra hard to impress Duff. Sounds a bit silly, but if that was the case, let's hope he tries to impress him again because he sounded great last time around!

Ha I made that comment!

Yeah I think it's a combination of wanting to impress duff and the simple fact that duff is someone Axl started out with. That history just brings back axl's fire. Their chemistry is just undeniable. Duff wasn't a paid employee; he and Axl were band mates, thru and thru.

Axl has been surrounded by paid yes-men for so long now. It must be so re energizing for him to be with someone who shared a common goal and achieved it, rather than someone who openly says he hates the music but likes the money (Tommy).

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 1

Interesting.. So you think Duff slash and Adler (Plus the cult drummer) are cooler then Axl and Duff? How bout Axl and izzy?

Of course. The drummer is called Matt Sorum by the way. They are all still on top of their games, even Steven! Axl and Izzy is cool as well, but Axl's voice is complete shit and you simply don't hear Izzy's guitar. The HoF performance was just awesome in every aspect. This is off topic though.

Welcome back Duff.

Interesting insight.. I think Axl is off his game as well right now but wouldn't say he sounds like shit when he's has some spark up his ass to get ready for a gig.

But I wasn't really asking how they all are skill wise at the moment just why you think the 3 original members is way cooler then Axl plus duff for 5 full nights!

Ig if your a big slash plus Adler guy it would be real cool to see then back together but Matt slash and duff have been seen tons of times in velvet revolver

Welcome back Duff.

Interesting insight.. I think Axl is off his game as well right now but wouldn't say he sounds like shit when he's has some spark up his ass to get ready for a gig.

But I wasn't really asking how they all are skill wise at the moment just why you think the 3 original members is way cooler then Axl plus duff for 5 full nights!

Ig if your a big slash plus Adler guy it would be real cool to see then back together but Matt slash and duff have been seen tons of times in velvet revolver

Yeah... In fact every small reunion is nice for the old school fans. Just imagine if he could get Duff + Buckethead. So many "eras" reunited. I'd pay to see that.

Regarding Axl's voice... He has been sounding like total crap since Rio 11. Let's hope he'll try to impress Duff.

• Like 1

Welcome back Duff.

Yeah... In fact every small reunion is nice for the old school fans. Just imagine if he could get Duff + Buckethead. So many "eras" reunited. I'd pay to see that.

Regarding Axl's voice... He has been sounding like total crap since Rio 11. Let's hope he'll try to impress Duff.

He'll yah I'd pay to see bucket of he was back it be crazy! I really like izzy and duff though I just think there cool as fuk

because they think axl opted to do this in South America and not so in the united states?? because one thing is to play 2 or 3 songs and another thing to be the bassist of the band playing all temas.es very important for fans of guns worldwide event. if tommy had commitments could be suspended or the remplasaments guns. but I choose to call duff.
I should have cast in the United States? because they believe that it did in South America?

because they think axl opted to do this in South America and not so in the united states?? because one thing is to play 2 or 3 songs and another thing to be the bassist of the band playing all temas.es very important for fans of guns worldwide event. if tommy had commitments could be suspended or the remplasaments guns. but I choose to call duff.

I should have cast in the United States? because they believe that it did in South America?

absolutely, dude. agreed 100%.

Honestly this the best Guns n' Roses releated news since when? Hall of fame? CD finally getting released? Rio 2001? Slash quitting the band? Duff has Guns n' roses in his blood, gnr needs a good blood transfusion right now. I know it's only for 5 shows, but perhaps Axl is thinking about things? But for now, I'm really happy about the 5 shows, and let's all just see where this goes....

Sorry but to add to the "reunion conspiracies" Matt Sorum did say something recently about "wanting to be in a big band again," coincidense? Perhaps Duff went to Matt, Slash, and whomever else and said "Hey I'm gonna go play some shows with Axl and see how things go." Duff always has been a stand up guy. But if any sort of real reunion happens, I think it will be Axl, (either Ashba or BBF), Dizzy, Pit(t)man (proabably), Duff, Slash, Sorum (more than likely), with Izzy as a silent member role (I don't think he would want to tour, just play every now and then). You never know, but Duff might be trying a way to make this happen, fuck and if Axl's smart he would have to do it.

Which brings me to my final point, bringing Duff back (even for these 5 shows) is a HUGE step for Axl. Notice how none of the gnr camp has said one word about this, perhaps it's because contracts are being discussed. I know that's a reach, but who knows in the world of gnr? But if Duff McKagen rejoins gnr, us fans have gotta let up on Axl some. Even if he no longer is the Axl of 88, putting a band on stage that is actually worthy of being called Guns n' Roses is not something I really envisioned, and we are one topped hatted, snake collecter away from that title. Will it happen? Probably not, but here's to hope, and here's to DUFF!!!

Buckethead and Duff? Now that'd be something. Give us Axl, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Richard/Paul/Izzy, Duff, Brain/Frank (maybe both?), Dizzy and give or take Pitman. That'd be nuts, right there.

Haha just imagine that shit ! I mean there is some extra space now that Ax is getting a lil older and can't run around as much :P

Honestly this the best Guns n' Roses releated news since when? Hall of fame? CD finally getting released? Rio 2001? Slash quitting the band? Duff has Guns n' roses in his blood, gnr needs a good blood transfusion right now. I know it's only for 5 shows, but perhaps Axl is thinking about things? But for now, I'm really happy about the 5 shows, and let's all just see where this goes....

Sorry but to add to the "reunion conspiracies" Matt Sorum did say something recently about "wanting to be in a big band again," coincidense? Perhaps Duff went to Matt, Slash, and whomever else and said "Hey I'm gonna go play some shows with Axl and see how things go." Duff always has been a stand up guy. But if any sort of real reunion happens, I think it will be Axl, (either Ashba or BBF), Dizzy, Pit(t)man (proabably), Duff, Slash, Sorum (more than likely), with Izzy as a silent member role (I don't think he would want to tour, just play every now and then). You never know, but Duff might be trying a way to make this happen, fuck and if Axl's smart he would have to do it.

Which brings me to my final point, bringing Duff back (even for these 5 shows) is a HUGE step for Axl. Notice how none of the gnr camp has said one word about this, perhaps it's because contracts are being discussed. I know that's a reach, but who knows in the world of gnr? But if Duff McKagen rejoins gnr, us fans have gotta let up on Axl some. Even if he no longer is the Axl of 88, putting a band on stage that is actually worthy of being called Guns n' Roses is not something I really envisioned, and we are one topped hatted, snake collecter away from that title. Will it happen? Probably not, but here's to hope, and here's to DUFF!!!

Interesting theory!

• Like 2

Buckethead and Duff? Now that'd be something. Give us Axl, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Richard/Paul/Izzy, Duff, Brain/Frank (maybe both?), Dizzy and give or take Pitman. That'd be nuts, right there.

Haha just imagine that shit ! I mean there is some extra space now that Ax is getting a lil older and can't run around as much :P

Even better, imagine if they actually decided to sit down and write some stuff. You could have Axl, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Richard, Duff, Frank and Dizzy as the touring band, and then in the studio you could have Izzy, Paul, Pitman and Brain as writers. Hell, you could even maybe have Brain and Frank switching out like Axl wanted at one point, or possibly having them incorporate second drums (not a huge fan of that typically, but I'm sure they could make it work). Will definitely never happen, but man, it would be awesome if it did.

Nah man, they had Shackler's in there. It's in between My Michelle and Civil War, kinda scrunched up.

As for the Buckethead thing, I thought Axl never gave up on trying to get him back? Though I can see why Buckethead wouldn't come back. Ten years later and precisely nothing has changed.

What da fuck, 4 songs is meager as it is. I really believe all signs point to a reunion within two years, probably without Slash but Ashba IS Slash to a lot of casuals so it could fly, put a frizzy wig on his head or something to sell it.

• Like 1

But if Duff McKagen rejoins gnr, us fans have gotta let up on Axl some.

:angry:

Why?? If Axl finds a way to put a band on stage that is actually fucking worthy of being called Guns n' Fucking Roses (which I never call NUgnr, guns n fucking roses), and we just got a whole hell of a lot closer to that today, then yes Axl deserves a break. Axl, Slash, and Duff equals guns n roses for me, anything else is just gnr. But we gotta be real here, Izzy will never be a full time touring member, and Adler is not an option, Sorum? Perhaps....

BkFTRxQCAAERAIV.jpg

Only Better from Chinese....

This means... what?

You don't see Shacklers and Catcher there?

Also there is something written above Crazy on page 1. The right hand page has at least 3 lines at the top of the page cutoff and it looks like another song title is written there.