MyGNR Covers - Catcher In The Rye

Have you guys done such a collabo before on here? Would love to hear them.

As part of this forum, the only completed cover was Scraped - done by AxlisOld and ll_tj1:

Another GNR forum - who shares many members with this forum - did numerous other covers, including Estranged, The Garden, Civil War, TWAT, Chinese Democracy, and Locomotive. If you would like to hear those covers, you can find videos for them on my Vimeo.com page. Go to Vimeo, and search "evadergnr".

As for Catcher, I've received vocal parts for sections 1,3,8,9,10,11,13, and 14. I've also received rhythm guitars from GabrieL-TiT. Sections 2,5,7, and 12 are due today. Those of you that still haven't submitted, please send me an update.

Sections 4 and 6 are being replaced, and invitations to two alternates have been issued. They are being given some extra time to get theirs done. I'm also awaiting word from our lead guitar player, but have no need to set a deadline yet. We are still on track to have this done by May 10.

Edited by evader
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I'm expecting full on rasp from each and everyone one of you. Acquired taste indeed!!!

Have fun making fun of me :lol:

Oh I will dear, don't worry :D

Sweet! I'll look into it sometime this week then. How fast do you need it?

EDIT

LOL I'm currently equipped with the tiniest Fender guitar combo-amp and my custom P-bass. That ridiculously small amp (that really is for guitar) has a very nice "thumpy" sound when I play my bass through it though, so i think it will fit this song nicely!

Spending easter at the family cabin, hence the lack of bass amp. Didn't bother bringing my Ampeg PF-500.

This shall be a fun challenge :lol:

Edited by henfjel

Wow, more than enough! I'll get a good take down in a couple of days, and that might be enough. The first few takes are often the best ones.

But if I think I can do better, I'll do another take through my actuall bass-rig when I get home.

Edited by henfjel

The rasp is not out in full force today but then, I knew I should have chain smoked and did a few shots of whiskey before I did my new take. Oh well. It's sent andif it sucks, he can replace it with a full on kazoo solo. :headbang: :headbang:

:lol:

I had an extra raspy take, but I ended up sounding more like M. Shadows than myself so I re-recorded it a bit cleaner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*BUMP*

I'm so excited. I can't wait to hear this!

It sounds pretty f*ing great to me! I'm waiting on a couple of things at the moment, and working on a simple video for it. If anyone has any ideas for the video, please share. :) Share fast. I'm still pushing for a Saturday upload.

• Like 2

*BUMP*

I'm so excited. I can't wait to hear this!

It sounds pretty f*ing great to me! I'm waiting on a couple of things at the moment, and working on a simple video for it. If anyone has any ideas for the video, please share. :) Share fast. I'm still pushing for a Saturday upload.

It. sounds. AWESOME.

I can't wait to hear the final version! :D

• Like 1