MyGNR Covers - Catcher In The Rye

Damn, this is so amazing, great, great stuff people.

I'd like to be in the next one if it is possible, even if I am not exactly a massive poster (mostly a lurker lol).

Maybe in bass also... If I can manage to record it well...

Nice job everybody. I promise to find a real mic next time around. ll_tj makes my socks go up and down. :) Everybody did a great job and thank you, evader, for all your time and effort. We wuvs ewe. ;)

Thanks for the comment.

Wow. That sounded beyond amazing. Well done everybody.

ll_tj you sing like Axl!

Edit: Like the good Axl, I mean.

Thanks for the comment! Much appreciated.

Wow, so many great singers. It was like one surprise after another. I would like to hear

something more from RussTCB, he might have the right type of voice to sing soft songs

like Julio Iglesias. Is that the real voice of Dangerous Curves or a real manipulated version?

There was some great punk vibe in it. I really liked the mix of low and high voices.

All the singers were so good that I would not mind hearing the song with each of those voices.

Holy fuck, I was out of town and didn't see this was done!

GREAT job Evader and everyone on it, that was really cool. I wouldn't mind giving a guitar solo a whirl next time!

EDIT- We should do Paradise City next! Everyone could take a go with a solo at the end and there is a ton of room for a lot of singers. Are their multitracks for it?

EDIT 2- What the hell is that video? The animated parts blew me away, it was awesome

Edited by ZoSoRose

Wow, so many great singers. It was like one surprise after another. I would like to hear

something more from RussTCB, he might have the right type of voice to sing soft songs

like Julio Iglesias. Is that the real voice of Dangerous Curves or a real manipulated version?

There was some great punk vibe in it. I really liked the mix of low and high voices.

All the singers were so good that I would not mind hearing the song with each of those voices.

I agree with everything you said. All the singers were great. That's definitely DangerousCurves' real voice. She has some serious pipes.

GREAT job Evader and everyone on it, that was really cool. I wouldn't mind giving a guitar solo a whirl next time!

EDIT- We should do Paradise City next! Everyone could take a go with a solo at the end and there is a ton of room for a lot of singers. Are their multitracks for it?

EDIT 2- What the hell is that video? The animated parts blew me away, it was awesome

Thanks ZoSo. You too! The only multitracks available are from CD. WTTJ has some splits but they'd be useless for us because the drums and some other stuff are mixed together with the vocal. If we were to do anything not from CD, pretty much all instrumentation would need to be performed by the members here.

The animations for the video were done by this guy:

http:

//vimeo.com/anthonyschepperd

I asked for permission to use, but he still hasn't replied. :shrugs:

I agree with everything you said. All the singers were great. That's definitely DangerousCurves' real voice. She has some serious pipes.

Thanks ZoSo. You too! The only multitracks available are from CD. WTTJ has some splits but they'd be useless for us because the drums and some other stuff are mixed together with the vocal. If we were to do anything not from CD, pretty much all instrumentation would need to be performed by the members here.

The animations for the video were done by this guy:

http:

//vimeo.com/anthonyschepperd

I asked for permission to use, but he still hasn't replied. :shrugs:

You should search youtube for the Alan Niven demos. Couple of UYI and TSI instrumental demos that are essentially the same songs as on the record minus Axl vocals.

You should search youtube for the Alan Niven demos. Couple of UYI and TSI instrumental demos that are essentially the same songs as on the record minus Axl vocals.

Thanks! I didn't know about the TSI instrumentals until you mentioned it. I did misspeak in my last post about "if we were to do anything not from CD..." because obviously that is/was incorrect. I did already have Breakdown, Locomotive, Estranged and The Garden instrumentals, and any of those would be cool for the next cover. Three of them have already been done by another forum though (if that matters).

• Like 1

Nicely done. I was waiting for it to be chaotic with all these different singers but the backing vocals tied it nicely together and I was surprised by how good most of the vocals were. Highvoltage was just awesome. Excellent work everyone.

BRAVO & VA! Really great guitars and drumming, love the splashes of piano arpeggios, really good bridges with multi vocal harmonies, Chloe has a great moment late, and hardly any pitch issues with anyone! I expected the worst and was really surprised, amazing. Other vocals I have to praise are:

1. ll-tj1 At 3mins, perfect.

2. Who ever is right after himm great! "its just another day like today... he sings on to 3:24 when Graeme does great Gordon Lightfoot impersonation. If still ll then praise him 2x.

3. I'm happy to announce High Voltage IS in fact Chris Cornell. Excellent.

There's a lot, all did a really good job, no one sucked!

If I had any clue how you did this I'd reco another go, and add to it with anything but drums, but I'm from another time.

Peace!