Silicon Valley (New HBO Series Written/Directed by Mike Judge)

hbo-silicon-valley.jpg

Anyone catch the premier of this after Game of Thrones? I had seen previews on and off for it and decided to stick around for it last night after Game of Thrones and I'm glad I did. It was pretty damn funny and actually had me laughing out loud a number of times. Will definitely keep up with it.

I worked with a mumbly Asperger's programmer wannabe asshole that wore toe shoes. This show is basically about people just like him. I sat through the pilot but will not be watching any more. I hated everyone, especially buggy eyed main guy and bearded bong guy and token Indian guy.

So all of the things that are meant to be parodies and exaggerations of real life stereotypes?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Has me cracking up each episode. The parts with Jared are great and Peter Gregory is hilarious also.

Speaking of him, while typing this I went to look up the actor who played him and read he died in December from lung cancer. Very sad. Wikipedia says he finished filming for the first 5 episodes, so I hope we haven't seen the last of him. Just hilarious.

i like it, but it's almost too accurate. the main characters are so unlikeable and lacking charisma, the real star of the show has become Peter Gregory, but the actor who played him died after filming five episodes, so i wonder what they're gonna do about that. martin starr is great as well in past shows like Party Down, but they've given him next to nothing to do in this program so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the first season and am already looking forward to the second one. So many funny scenes, but I think the

Erlich jerk scene when Richard made his breakthrough in the finale, especially when Jared brought up girth similarity, :lol:
was probably my favorite of the first season. Missed Peter Gregory in the second half of the season--was such a great character.

Started watching this at the weekend and ended up watching all 8 in one sitting. Really great show. And yeah, as others have said, very accurate.

The finale featured what was undoubtedly the greatest dick joke I've ever witnessed. The scene I found myself laughing hardest at was Gavin Belson's increasing rage at the buggy hologram software. That bit built up perfectly. :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I liked the scene where Gavin wondered if he had surrounded himself with yes men that only told him what he wanted to hear. Hippie guy said no and Gavin says "thanks, I really needed to hear that"

Sadly, it reminded me of Axl.

• 4 weeks later...