Axl's best voice in Helsinki, Finland

I was there!... But yeah, he sounds really good on that video, even though I don't like KOHD. I actually forgot how good he sounded in 2010.

He sounds okay now too, not great, but good. His voice is a bit weaker and obviously the rasp is something that probably hurts him these days. That's why he uses the mickey voice. But he still hits the notes pretty good. Judging from those new videos.

But damn, he sounded good in 2010.

Edited by jekylhyde

My dream is to meet Axl after a show and tell him: hey man, your voice was good at this show, look, i gotta ask this, just watch this video (show a 2010 video to Axl), youre good now, but what happened there? that year was perfect! how did you do it? can you bring it back?

My dream is to meet Axl after a show and tell him: hey man, your voice was good at this show, look, i gotta ask this, just watch this video (show a 2010 video to Axl), youre good now, but what happened there? that year was perfect! how did you do it? can you bring it back?

Axl will probably tell his securityguy this: "Hey mr. security man are you listening. That guy, GONE!!" :lol:

• Like 1

Axl will probably tell his securityguy this: "Hey mr. security man are you listening. That guy, GONE!!" :lol:

:lol:

Im sure he knows his voice better than anyone else on the planet. I trust Axl is doing his best, and I accept that he simply can't sing with rasp for a full show any more. Maybe not even a full song.

There are sounds and pitches that Axl could reach in 92/93 that has never been heard since and I put that down to growing older. The songs he sings aren't designed for 50+ year old to sing, high tempo, high pitched..etc.

Even though it was only 4 years, a lot can happen in that time.

Im sure he knows his voice better than anyone else on the planet. I trust Axl is doing his best, and I accept that he simply can't sing with rasp for a full show any more. Maybe not even a full song.

There are sounds and pitches that Axl could reach in 92/93 that has never been heard since and I put that down to growing older. The songs he sings aren't designed for 50+ year old to sing, high tempo, high pitched..etc.

Even though it was only 4 years, a lot can happen in that time.

I agree, but it didnt change in 4 years, it changed in a few months (2010-2011) and even in early 2011 he was awesome, not is just getting worse

I used to think of this song as Axl's solo spot. He owned it pretty much every night in 2010.

Sorry was also like an Axl solo spot. The extended screams on that and Madagascar in 2010 are fucking awesome, listening to ChiDem afterwards they're really missed.

The 2010 TIL took a while to grow on me. While I love love love the 2010 rasp, there are a few songs I thought he went overboard with it that year: TIL, Better, and sometimes Don't Cry (though this Helsinki one is a great mix of clean and rasp). I loved how vulnerable he sounded on the '09 Taipei boot of TIL, even when he warbled a bit at the end, shame about DJ cocking up the solo. I think after that he lacked confidence to sing it clean and just went full-blown rasp, which sounds awesome, but I'm not sure it's the best thing for the song.