Amazing Spider-Man 2

Zint

I challenge everyone in this thread to name someone in Raimi's trilogy who wasn't perfectly casted.

Hard mode: Not Venom (he was a last minute addition due to the demands of the studio)

I'm with you man, the first 2 Rami Spiderman movies were great. Silly, yes, completely unrealistic and campy, yes, it's fucking Spiderman. Biggest difference I think though was McGuire was actually believable as Peter Parker. I don't hate this reboot as much as I thought I would, but I thought Sam Rami did it right and it's just odd to see the studio rush this version of the franchise out, I'm sure it has something to do with their ridiculous Avengers plan.

Believe it or not, this reboot is to keep Spiderman from having anything to do with the Avengers.

This movie was so messy, it was good but, it was like: Calmed-Too much Action-Calmed-Too much Action, and it didnt stop, it tires you out, if it was more well organized it would have been pretty good, and the Electro guy is a bad guy for the sake of just being a bad guy.

If you don't like this movie, you clearly don't have any idea about Spider-Man comic books and what is Spider-Man

It has nothing to do with the comic books, it's just a bad movie.

I wonder all the time about these super hero movies, if there was no source material to back them up... Like if this movie was the first time the world had ever seen or heard of 'Spiderman' if anyone would think it was good film.

That goes for a lot of these super hero movies coming out.

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

If you don't like this movie, you clearly don't have any idea about Spider-Man comic books and what is Spider-Man

In the comics Peter doesnt do skateboarding, he doesnt dress cool and aunt May is way older, and he fights in a wrestling match.

It has nothing to do with the comic books, it's just a bad movie.

I wonder all the time about these super hero movies, if there was no source material to back them up... Like if this movie was the first time the world had ever seen or heard of 'Spiderman' if anyone would think it was good film.

That goes for a lot of these super hero movies coming out.

It has a lot to do with the comic books. Spider-Man's personality is exactly like that in the comics, he's a comical guy that takes advantage of every situation to do jokes. The humour of the movie is exactly what is seen on Spider-man comics. About the "cheesy twighlight thing" Everyone who has readed the comic-books knows that spider-man it's the soap opera of the superheroes, the comics are even cheesier, so if you don't like that from the movie, you don't like the comics. The atmosphere of the movie is exactly like the classical comics, is not exaclty like the comics, but Nolan's batman isn't a good adaptation and it has the spirit of Batman comics, just like this movie.

Electro has nothing to do with the original Electro from the 616 universe, but he has some relation with the Electro from the universal version, anyways, I don't even care, Electro is not relevant in this movie, and in the comics the same, he has never been a relevant supervillian, just a loser.

Gwen-Peter relationship it's pretty good done in the movie, I couldn't imagine a story with less depth in their story, because it's a relevant story, like all Peter's relationships.

I don't like that they kill Norman, but in a deleted scene you can see him cryogenized, so probably he'll be back. I don't see it bad that the story is not 100% like the comic, some different stuff is good, but anyways, it has the spirit of the comic books. If you think this is cheesy or like twighlight, please don't ever read Spider-man, specially the Steve Ditko/John Romita Jr parts, because is way depth (or cheesy like you say) than this.

In the comics Peter doesnt do skateboarding, he doesnt dress cool and aunt May is way older, and he fights in a wrestling match.

I'm talking about this sequel, I didn't like too much the first one. Also, I think May being younger is a good election, Aunt May in the comics has always had like 80 years old, when Peter is 15, and when Peter is 30...

Edited by Raykugen

I've read every issue of ASM but I guess I have no clue what I'm talking about when I say this film was a disappointment.

If you say it's a cheese and twighlight drama, you are lying and you haven't read a shit, or you don't even remember how cheesy drama is Spider-man, specially that part of the comic.

I've read every issue of ASM but I guess I have no clue what I'm talking about when I say this film was a disappointment.

If you say it's a cheese and twighlight drama, you are lying and you haven't read a shit, or you don't even remember how cheesy drama is Spider-man, specially that part of the comic.

Oh believe me I do know that Spidey is a cheesy drama all around. That's one of the main things that separates him from other major superheroes. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

I just think they took it too far in the film with a bit too many scenes between Peter and Gwen. And the rest of the dramatic reveals were not done as well as I was hoping for (like how the whole conspiracy with Richard Parker ended up being quite lame), and that's it. That's my opinion.

Oh believe me I do know that Spidey is a cheesy drama all around. That's one of the main things that separates him from other major superheroes. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

I just think they took it too far in the film with a bit too many scenes between Peter and Gwen. And the rest of the dramatic reveals were not done as well as I was hoping for (like how the whole conspiracy with Richard Parker ended up being quite lame), and that's it. That's my opinion.

I think is necessary, because she d*** in this movie. It's necessary some depth, you have to know about their relationship, you need to feel empathy with the character. That's a pretty important moment for Spider-Man, the whole message of the movie is that being a hero is not safe for the ones you love.

The moment of the 5 months without being Spider-man could have been more interesting, but since it was used on Raimi's Spider-Man 2, people would have said stuff like it's unoriginal, you know

• 2 weeks later...

More validity is being added to the rumors that Spidey will re-join Marvel and be in Avengers 3 due to Sony not wanting to suffer the same fate as Fox.

In case you didn't see in the X-Men thread, Marvel is refusing to help with promotion for the new X-Men film in a marketing strategy being called "the Fox shut-out"

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/06/01/rob-liefeld-marvels-fox-shut-out-is-real-how-spider-man-can-appear-in-avengers-3/

More validity is being added to the rumors that Spidey will re-join Marvel and be in Avengers 3 due to Sony not wanting to suffer the same fate as Fox.

In case you didn't see in the X-Men thread, Marvel is refusing to help with promotion for the new X-Men film in a marketing strategy being called "the Fox shut-out"

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/06/01/rob-liefeld-marvels-fox-shut-out-is-real-how-spider-man-can-appear-in-avengers-3/

That is so stupid. Marvel sold the rights to Fox, it is their product now. If Marvel is boycotting that, then they are super petty

Electro was pretty cool.

Gwen Stacey dying was kind of depressing.

I came out with a bad feeling but it sets up the 3rd movie.

I prefer this Spider-Man movie to the Toby McWire one.

After I got back I was playing Battle for Earth on Kinect for hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe because of Avengers they changed some plans?

More likely cause of the fact that the 2nd film did pretty poorly both critically and financially

I remember this reboot was meant to be more serious and better in everyway and is the opposite, the second movie was SO childish

• Like 1