Amazing Spider-Man 2

Zint

The first Amazing Spiderman film was ok, however, it was too hipster and not as good as any of the Raimi trio.

The second one raises the bar considerably, and for me is slightly better than Raimi;s Spidey 2. It is mainly because the new guy has grown into the role considerably. He is the Spiderman you expect, and the story and interplay was not bad given who the writers were.

Tobey Maguire was a good Spiderman, but not Spiderman

The first Amazing Spiderman film was ok, however, it was too hipster and not as good as any of the Raimi trio.

The second one raises the bar considerably, and for me is slightly better than Raimi;s Spidey 2. It is mainly because the new guy has grown into the role considerably. He is the Spiderman you expect, and the story and interplay was not bad given who the writers were.

Yes. Garfield nails... the script he has to work with. He really is better than Maguire but needs a less dumb plot to work with.

One thing I did notice, my favourite exchange from the trailer was cut from the film.

Harry Osborn: OsCorp had you under surveillance.

Peter Parker: Why?

Harry Osborn: Isn't that the question of the day?

There's also a shot in the trailer of Goblin on his glider in front of Felicia, that's not in the movie. Neither is:

Harry Osborn: What about Peter?

Norman Osborn: Not everyone has a happy ending...

Electro had a lot cut out, too, there was a scene where

he kills his mother by accident

Still really enjoyed it, tried to convince my aunt today to let me take my 4-year-old cousin to see it (he really wanted to see it) because I wanted to see it again, but she made me take him to Tarzan 3D instead <_<

Wow.

So like, what was the plot of this movie? Seriously?

Also what was the motivation of the electric dude. Seemed like he just all of a sudden decided he had to kill Spider-Man. What was his motivation to do that

I challenge everyone in this thread to name someone in Raimi's trilogy who wasn't perfectly casted.

Hard mode: Not Venom (he was a last minute addition due to the demands of the studio)

I would argue Gwen Stacey, Captain Stacey and possibly Mary Jane were badly cast.

Also what was the motivation of the electric dude. Seemed like he just all of a sudden decided he had to kill Spider-Man. What was his motivation to do that

It happened rather quickly didn't it?

Electro was one of the better things about the film imo.

These movies are getting silly. I mean, it's a comic book movie so of course you gotta bend reality, but at least keep it consistent.

I couldn't tell if electro was physical or just a ball of electricity. And if all he was is electricity then how did he die at the end :|

I challenge everyone in this thread to name someone in Raimi's trilogy who wasn't perfectly casted.

Hard mode: Not Venom (he was a last minute addition due to the demands of the studio)

I'm with you man, the first 2 Rami Spiderman movies were great. Silly, yes, completely unrealistic and campy, yes, it's fucking Spiderman. Biggest difference I think though was McGuire was actually believable as Peter Parker. I don't hate this reboot as much as I thought I would, but I thought Sam Rami did it right and it's just odd to see the studio rush this version of the franchise out, I'm sure it has something to do with their ridiculous Avengers plan.

• Like 1

philosoraptor.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVER

You have a pallette of alphabet to work with, I do not know what your picture means and I find pictures a lazy response. I am not sure what your thoughts are ??

I have a perception of Spiderman in my head from being a kid, that is the basis of my thoughts

Garfield nailed Spiderman better, which is a big thing for me. The films themselves, well, that is a different conversation. Having a better Spiderman made it better for me, but Raimi', SP2 in particular, could be considered a stronger film. I don't know

philosoraptor.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVER

You have a pallette of alphabet to work with, I do not know what your picture means and I find pictures a lazy response. I am not sure what your thoughts are ??

I have a perception of Spiderman in my head from being a kid, that is the basis of my thoughts

Garfield nailed Spiderman better, which is a big thing for me. The films themselves, well, that is a different conversation. Having a better Spiderman made it better for me, but Raimi', SP2 in particular, could be considered a stronger film. I don't know

i'm assuming he's just pointing out that you probably meant to say peter parker/spider-man rather than spider-man/spider-man. don't take it so personally!

Kirsten Dunst. Shit actress. And in the comics Mary Jane is supposed to be a knock out supermodel. Kirsten is barely normal person pretty.
  • Like 1