8 Years ago today, GNR returns at Hammerstein

I think I was at the second show. Got pretty loaded at Mustang Harry's with some MYGNR peeps before the show. Good times. Was totally behind this band back then and really wanted them to do something. Oh well.

Best concert I've ever been to! First time seeing Axl on May 12! Drove all the way to NYC!

The place exploded when Jungle came on and the intensity didn't let down til about the fourth or fifth song!

Even meeting mygnr members was fun in NYC. I forget what the place was called where we met but then I ventured off to another bar close to the gig and it was just full of GNR fans! It was all GNR songs and it was fun talking to fellow fans, and I'm talking knowledgeable fans!

The whole day was amazing!!

I was just to the left of Axl about 3rd row!

It was my first GNR concert so I didn't realize that I had hit my peak! The other 8 concerts did not compare! Energy was incredible in that place!!

I also went to the third show. It was great too but I was up in the balcony cuz my gf at the time wanted to sit! I actually had to trade my floors. It was great as well but nothing tops that first night!

I don't know why people bashed his 06 look. I never understood it. He had a really cool look. Perfect actually for his age, he was in great shape and it showed in his voice.

It seems obvious that getting in shape directly correlates with how well his voice is for obvious reasons.

I'm actually surprised that a perfectionist like Axl wouldn't put that effort to get in shape to get his voice back on track for his performances. He's so well known for wanting to put on the best show he can so its a bit surprising to me.

This

Gettin' ready to head out to Bethlehem and I saw this thread.

May 12th, 2006 was almost a surreal day.

Like folks have mentioned already, it wasn't just the concert that kicked ass.

The vibe that day was off the charts.

Mustang Harry's was a blast.

The line outside Hammerstein was insane. I still remember bounding up the stairs to Mezz 2 psyched as hell.

NOBODY knew what to expect.

When Axl appeared on stage having ditched the jerseys look, the place went bananas.

Just insane!

Now, can't wait for Bethlehem!!!!!!!!!!

The thing I remember was trying to get my friends into Axl/Gnr. ie; "Axl is back, he's got a new band, sounds great, etc..."

They weren't interested, and I can't blame them. It took another 2 years for Axl to put out his album and it failed.

The Hammerstein gigs were amazing. So much electricity in the air. Even following them online was nuts. Especially because Izzy showed up. And Baz was a nice bonus too. Really exciting stuff! Axl seemed really excited to be there too. Used to have bootlegs of all the them. Great stuff!

I attended the last show. I was in front of the line with some awesome people. First GnR concert, and best one out of 10. I was in the front rail. I remember Jimmy Fallon arriving and greeting the fans in the front. Izzy with Axl, enough said.

I saw em on the 14th. I was about 4~5 people deep, just right of center stage for the whole gig. Awesome awesome night, the crowd was so freaking loud and I think Axl even commented that we were the loudest motherfuckers of the shows they had played. I remember seeing Lenny Kravitz, Fred Durst and Micky Rourke hanging out on the balconies. Great night.....