Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Relapse is Slim Shady 2 imo. Definitely his best almost better that MM. It might be better.

Chasing Yesterday - Noel Galkagher

It's growing on me. The one I burned used some of bonus tracks which I liked more.

You cheeky bastard.

You don't burn Oasis records? When City are playing that's all I do. Like pigeon shooting Oasis cds off my balconey. Pull! Whoah that one shattered in the shape of Christiano Ronaldo's face.

1. Big Star - #1 Record (three times)

2. Big Star - Radio City

3. Big Star - Third/Sister Lovers

4. Big Star - Columbia: Live At Missouri University 4/24/93

5. Big Star - Live In Memphis

6. Chris Bell - I Am The Cosmos (like 5 times)

7. Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

8. John Lennon - Double Fantasy

9. The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle

10. The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle (Revisited)

11. Steelheart - Tangled In Reins

12. Frank Zappa - We're Only In It For The Money

13. The Offspring - Days Go By

14+15. Bruce Springsteen - Tracks (Discs 2 & 3)

16. The Rolling Stones - Live At Leeds (Sticky Fingers bonus disc)

17. The Raspberries - Raspberries

18. The Raspberries - Fresh

19. The Raspberries - Side 3

20. The Raspberries - Starting Over

I REALLY REALLY liked it, i mean it was the first time in ages i heard an album that excited me, i think its one of the best of its decade, i just remember thinking like YES!! This is what I've wanted from hip hop that im not getting anymore.

But like in comparison to the orignal? Fuck that, that album is titanic, that album to me belongs in the pantheon of great albums, over the entire history of albums to date, its fantastic, song for song, its like our generations hip hop Whats Going On by Marvin Gaye, its amazing.

On part 2, totally agree. I was pumped when it came out and for the most part it backed it up. It's as good an effort you can ask for in making a sequel to a classic. Around the time it came out was also when hip hop started going to shit, so I have no problem saying it's one of the last borderline great rap albums released in my eyes. Can't remember exactly when it was released, 07 or 08 or something, no doubt it's one of the top albums released since then. Black Mozart, House of Flying Daggers, Mean Streets, New Wu, some favorites of mine. And I love Slick Rick's Queen cameo, we will we will rob you!

The first of course is all time great. There are certain rap albums that can't be touched, like Ready to Die or All Eyez on Me, it's one of those type of albums. It feels big, like it's a movie or something. And cuz, I wish I had a Purple Tape, those motherfuckers seriously go for like a few hundred dollars a pop right now.

I wanna see that Purple Tape documentary SOOOOOOO fuckin' bad!

I REALLY REALLY liked it, i mean it was the first time in ages i heard an album that excited me, i think its one of the best of its decade, i just remember thinking like YES!! This is what I've wanted from hip hop that im not getting anymore.

But like in comparison to the orignal? Fuck that, that album is titanic, that album to me belongs in the pantheon of great albums, over the entire history of albums to date, its fantastic, song for song, its like our generations hip hop Whats Going On by Marvin Gaye, its amazing.

On part 2, totally agree. I was pumped when it came out and for the most part it backed it up. It's as good an effort you can ask for in making a sequel to a classic. Around the time it came out was also when hip hop started going to shit, so I have no problem saying it's one of the last borderline great rap albums released in my eyes. Can't remember exactly when it was released, 07 or 08 or something, no doubt it's one of the top albums released since then. Black Mozart, House of Flying Daggers, Mean Streets, New Wu, some favorites of mine. And I love Slick Rick's Queen cameo, we will we will rob you!

The first of course is all time great. There are certain rap albums that can't be touched, like Ready to Die or All Eyez on Me, it's one of those type of albums. It feels big, like it's a movie or something. And cuz, I wish I had a Purple Tape, those motherfuckers seriously go for like a few hundred dollars a pop right now.

Yeah I can't wait for that. Cats like that are the ones you wanna sit in the studio with. I wonder if they'll go into the Biggie situation.

Yeah I can't wait for that. Cats like that are the ones you wanna sit in the studio with. I wonder if they'll go into the Biggie situation.

I hope so, they seem kinda embarassed about it, sort of, not really but i mean you can tell they really don't want to get into talking about how they REALLY had a problem with him...but i kinda like that, thats competitiveness, it's needed it hip hop, i like the idea of these street motherfuckers who are kinda on edge, dust-blunt smokers kinda looking at the competition sideways for no good reason other than they are and they're talented, royalty should be attacked, there should be voices of dissent, someone somewhere should be thinking about assasinating the president (metaphor, don't take that literal security services reading this! :lol:) Love that skit. In the same way where Keith Murray threw hands with Tupac but now he seems kinda reticent to really talk about it, everybody knows Keith was handy back in the day, still is really, he's a fierce boy...but he kinda doesn't wanna tell that story now since St Pac has been cannonized. Now don't get me wrong, i love Tupac, easily one of my most favorite characters not just in hip hop but in the entirity of the history of popular culture...but at the same time he was just a man, and a man who often got into little (and big!) troubles and scrapes, it stands to reason someone else i admire must have at some point got into the shit with him, thats not reason enough to hate em if they speak the truth about what happened.

But yeah, love that skit 'nah son, lemme tell these n!ggaz somethin God...i don't want motherfuckers sounding like me...on NO album!'

*stands up and applauds* Tell em Ghost! :D

• Like 1

MI0002193977.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

12X5.jpg

It is weird how they prioritise the American releases for the first two albums by not releasing the United Kingdom's versions. The only way to get No. 2, without putting your hand in your pocket for an original vinyl, is to burn it basically. Amazon (United Kingdom) legally sell it in MP3 format but there are other, less legal ways, that deliver up a lossless version!

I think the only difference between the first album and England's Newest Hit Makers is the substitution of ''Not Fade Away'' for ''Mona''. But if you go from the American releases to No. 2, Zhukov, you will find the UK album is a sort of hodge podge of 12 X 5 and Rolling Stones, Now!

The Americans essentially inserted one extra album, 12 X 5, between the first two Stones' albums. They could do this because they had the British Five by Five EP to draw upon. Basically the United States had a first three albums to the UK's first two from the Stones, but not necessarily any more material because of that EP and the singles which were released in Britain - 7"s tended to be stand-alone releases in the United Kingdom, not LP tracks.

It is complicated!

Edited by DieselDaisy

They never really sorted it together until Their Satanic Majesty's Request. I guess the U.K. albums kept the lead singles off so people can buy the singles and albums separately.

It is to do with consumer habits. Basically, in America, if you heard a great new single but only had small change you would buy it - or listen to it on a jukebox or in the store. If you heard a great new single but had a bit extra cash, you would by the album with the single on it. I suppose Britain was not as wealthy (rationing had just ended in 1954) so long-players were a relative luxury, a niche product. But EPs offered an excellent half-way house, something more substantial than a 7" yet affordable. The Beatles for instance released many EPs which were basically truncated versions of their LPs, album samplers. It was almost like buying the album in two parts. Post war boom, you Yanks could afford LPs more.

So America insisted on having the singles on the LPs. But songs got removed as a consequence and the whole thing became very complicated - especially with the Stones. Especially when songs that had not appeared in Britain (yet) began to appear on American albums.

I actually really admire the British policy of stand alone singles. How much a testament to the productivity of that gifted generation? Even when LPs became an artistic statement and were certainly being bought in Britain on a large scale, the practice persisted. (The Beatles) ''There is 'Hey Jude/Revolution' but we are so fuckin' good we do not even have to put it on our album''. Same with the Stones ('Jack Flash', 'Honky Tonk Woman').

Edited by DieselDaisy