Stradlin: musician will play with GN'R in residency in Vegas

Guest Gunns

Duff and Izzy will play the last 2 dates.

You can quote me.

Done.

It seems like the cat's out of the bag,

This looks almost certain of happening, would be cool to see them back in GnR

It might be worth walking around the streets of vegas right about now,

you could be bumping into duff and izzy very soon ;)

Maybe Izzy will bring Down By The Ocean?

Many believe this might *be* Down By The Ocean.

I could see that being it, Axl would go nicely on most Izzy tracks. He probs got bored of waiting around for him to approve a recording session. I wonder how many future BBF tracks or any post 2004 BH tracks could've had Axl in mind...

I guess I missed why everyone is jumping the gun as to how this is all WFA's doing. If someone wants to fill me in, go for it.

If this story has any credibility, I'd be disappointed if this was one of the planned "surprises" for this tour. Izzy isn't even a surprise anymore, he's to be expected.

I guess I missed why everyone is jumping the gun as to how this is all WFA's doing. If someone wants to fill me in, go for it.

If this story has any credibility, I'd be disappointed if this was one of the planned "surprises" for this tour. Izzy isn't even a surprise anymore, he's to be expected.

The original source is Izzy's Army.

I'd rather never see Izzy or Duff onstage with new GNR again, do a reunion if backwards progression with random teases is what you consider the band now or just play Going Down, it's not hard to play something these guys have contributed, how is it so difficult?

My misguided sense of entitlement is entitled to progression forwards or get rid of the current jukebox, hell even Chinese Democracy is nostalgic now lol.

Maybe Izzy will bring Down By The Ocean?

Many believe this might *be* Down By The Ocean.

I could see that being it, Axl would go nicely on most Izzy tracks. He probs got bored of waiting around for him to approve a recording session. I wonder how many future BBF tracks or any post 2004 BH tracks could've had Axl in mind...

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love most of Izzy's solo work - but I often think about his songs "Man! Imagine how awesome this would be with Axl vocals and a Slash solo!".

• Like 1

Izzy's pretty stripped back, songs like 14 Years, Dust N' Bones are cool, would be pretty good alone but with Axl and Slash adding touches it really elevates them to something more. There's nothing wrong with his solo stuff its just different dynamics really.

We can all agree that Duff or Izzy playing a song or two with GnR in Vegas doesn't warrant a "surprise" or earth shattering bonus points for GnR, right?

Cool? Yes.

But they both have done it several times over the past few years.

I'll be willing to call it a surprise if both are there at the same time; and some members of currentGnR are sent backstage while they perform.

I wonder what forum member's reactions would be if that happen? Because for years we've heard how disrespectful and disruptive it would be if Axl shared the stage with the old band - even for one song. How that would just kill the new guys because of all the reunion talk it would bring up. But now those same people are clamoring to see Duff and Izzy on stage with Axl at the same time?

I'll be willing to call it a surprise if both are there at the same time; and some members of currentGnR are sent backstage while they perform.

I wonder what forum member's reactions would be if that happen? Because for years we've heard how disrespectful and disruptive it would be if Axl shared the stage with the old band - even for one song. How that would just kill the new guys because of all the reunion talk it would bring up. But now those same people are clamoring to see Duff and Izzy on stage with Axl at the same time?

Since it would be on Axl's terms, they would be ok with it, I guess,

Since no one not even Izzy knows what he is doing at any given time, I won't believe it until I see Izzy onstage again with Axl.

Maybe someone can trace where Izzy's bus is and see if it is heading to Vegas?

Oh, the irony

That sorta went out the window when Duff joined them in '10 and '11. Izzy and Duff are "cool" with Axl, so they're "cool" with Axl fans :P

Really though, it's always been about Axl and Slash. Axl and anyone else is like "oh, uh, that's cool."

• Like 1

Would Axl have been thinking 'the surprises on our second vegas residency will be Izzy, Duff, pole dancers, a concrete riser and another great guitarist leaving because I'll be playing the same setlist as now' back in 2001 lol.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Yes and let Ashba and Tommy sit out that one, give Ron lead to spice things up and give him some much needed variety. Who cares if it will focus attention on the old band. At this point Axl's "vision" of the new band isn't going anywhere anyway.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp