True Detective Season 2 Discussion

RussTCB

Well, it seems then that I'm the only one who has been enjoying it so far ): I'm optimistic. First season didn't really pick it up until the fourth episode, so let's wait. For this season they wrote it all before recording, so we know at least that in theory that story is fully tied, something that didn't happen in the first one - which was good, but full of holes and points with no closure at all.

I only watched the first three episodes last year and was too bored with it to continue.

So episode four is where it heats up?

Yes.

Half way through the episode. Having trouble with connection but I have to say, Colin Farrel with out without the mustache is the best part of this season. That scene where he speaks to the rapist and his druge/booze binge, he was fucking great. Then again, he probably didn't have to act for the later scene.

I'm enjoying this season more than 1. Its less misleading. I think bcos the director on first season was too creative.

Vince is killing it as the Everyman Tony Soprano. I listen to the theme tune and its about Frank. It seems like Frank is okay as long as he goes with the domestic life, the straight life. But when he goes gangster hes sees burned out eyes and could possibly be the devil. But hes kind of Don Draper too, self interest.

I just feel like there will be more of a crossover between Ray and Frank to finally take down the bad guys. They are going to fuck up the Yellow Kings this time.

Surprising reply, wasted. I agree though, it is very less misleading but I enjoyed the creativity of season 1 much more... even the all around acting. Vince is doing better than I would've figured but he's just something I can't brag about acting wise.

The guy behind the door at the end, was it someone we're supposed to know or just a random guy? Cause I've seen his face but it might be from other shows :P

Edit: Not random RANDOM, but just one of those guys that went in... aahhh, you know what I mean.

Edited by Deb Rose

That seems to be his overview point, its the powers that be that ruin the lives of ordinary people. That money and power can protect people as the fuck lives up.

I feel like Ep 5 was the Fate of All Mankind type ep with Vince giving his take on life. Whereas Rust was like we are a genetic mistake, Frank is about the choices he had to make. Some how that frees the evil elite from blame. They all want to be good but some how have to do bad given the cards they are dealt. Frank tries to get out but is sucked back in.

Im way more settled think Ray, Ani, Woodrough arent the Yellow King. Its just a Angsty cop drama they rolling.

Frank is a window in on the evil in Vinci. How these fucks could be how they are. But like Tony Soprano when he gets out of therapy, If Frank loses his wife He might be just a muderous thug like the rest of Vinci. The likeability of two actors is the device that makes it compelling. Thats kind of the hypnosis element that replaces the throbbing speculation that Marty or Rust or someone was The Yellow King. Who is Frank really?

It seems clearer to me that Ray is not a bad guy. But they could do the switchero towards the end. Will Frank turn to the dark side or join the rebel alliance? I guess weve seen and can solve the case of who is the Birdman and who are the bad guys. But what about the fall out of the case and resolution in ep 7. Then the philosophical ramifications in ep 8. What does this mean about choices and fate for these 4 characters. Can they blow up the Death Star? Find out on HBO where we dress up Fox morals as a CNN christmas party and play spin the bottle of edgy morality. Gonna kick tomorrow!

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1