True Detective Season 2 Discussion

RussTCB

Russ, if you do watch season 1, make sure you read each of Wasted's posts in the True Detective thread from last year as you go along.

Indeed, both of us had a lot of creative ideas flowing around during season 1.

I'm iffy on this, I hope Vaughn can pull this role off. Colin looks like a nice fit, but I dunno if either can live up to MM's performance. We shall see.

I like what I see so far, but I just have the hardest time accepting that the cast is a step-down from the likes of Matthew and Wood-man.

You always trade-up, not down, especially with a show that's won so much critical and commercial praise. They totally settled on B-listers.

If only Christian Bale hadn't turned down the Colin Farrell role...

Farrells role in SWAT means a better fit than Batman.

Vince has the charisma to be a politician, whether he can be seedy enough will be make or break.

The thing about Vince is it's easy to like him. He's not even trying, he's just fuckin' with you. Serious Vince has the potential to do great things, or at least to be very funny unintentionally so it's really a win-win situation.

Farrell has ruined many movies. Many horrid choices like Total Recall remake horseshit. I still like him and hope for the best but I worry sometimes. He is also pretty funny. The comedy aspect of True Detective is in good hands.

People used to not take Matthew Mc seriously and look at him now. I'm interested to see how Vince does. I think he'll surprise people.

I hope this season gives us what we deserve in the end, though.

And not like last time. Like a ten inch cock jizzing a drop. I think I'll give Vince a chance. I can't really see it sucking. There will be something entertaining for sure.

People used to not take Matthew Mc seriously and look at him now. I'm interested to see how Vince does. I think he'll surprise people.

I'm really hoping so. True Detective changed my thoughts on MM completely. He did say he was tired of being typecasted though and wanted to branch out into more serious roles and it worked wonders. MM is a great actor.

Vince on the other hand, I cannot name one movie of his that i've enjoyed. I really hope he's put on his A game for this because I don't wanna be let down with this show.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping so. True Detective changed my thoughts on MM completely. He did say he was tired of being typecasted though and wanted to branch out into more serious roles and it worked wonders. MM is a great actor.

Vince on the other hand, I cannot name one movie of his that i've enjoyed. I really hope he's put on his A game for this because I don't wanna be let down with this show.

I love Vince Vaughn!! The guy is hilarious. And from all reports, one of the nicest humans alive in real life.

And yea, Mathew M is a great actor. But before 2012, he wasn't that highly thought of really. He was the cool dude from Dazed and Confused. But he had a laundry list of terrible movies.

All it takes is the one right roll and people's perception changes, and then that actor gets better and better roles - and bam. Is MM a better actor in 2013 than he was in 2011? Or is he the same actor, but is now getting better written roles, or roles more suited to fit his acting ability?

I love Vince Vaughn!! The guy is hilarious. And from all reports, one of the nicest humans alive in real life.

And yea, Mathew M is a great actor. But before 2012, he wasn't that highly thought of really. He was the cool dude from Dazed and Confused. But he had a laundry list of terrible movies.

All it takes is the one right roll and people's perception changes, and then that actor gets better and better roles - and bam. Is MM a better actor in 2013 than he was in 2011? Or is he the same actor, but is now getting better written roles, or roles more suited to fit his acting ability?

He's a better actor. The right role isn't enough if you can't reach into your soul and channel something real, to become that character and deliver a great performance. He did that later in his career. He showed glimpses of good acting but nothing like his recent performances in movies and TD.

Stay frosty in early eps. Green paint, a can of generic beer, a detail which can break the case open in the second to last ep after exploring the characters manhood for 6 eps to come to conclusion that guys are idiots and women are crazy. Vince you're money, you're so money you don't even know you're money. I love you, man. Two hands on the milk, buddy.

• Like 1

That trailer looked like an NBA cop drama.

I mean obviously it's going to be better than that, I guess I don't know why I expected anything else other than close up shots of people smoking cigarettes and looking serious.

I'm still so excited

Agreed. I love Vince too. He's damn hilarious.

There's a reason why True Detective wanted Vaughn for the second season. I highly doubt he will disappoint.

This and Fargo are my most anticipated shows at the moment. I'm not objective when it comes to Vince. I'm rooting for the guy. Some actors are just fun to watch for some reason. Probably a combination of charisma and the ability to capture not giving a shit on camera.

• 3 weeks later...