True Detective Season 2 Discussion

RussTCB

I like it, probably more since I never expected them to remake the first season.

It's an interesting detective show where I have no idea where it's going.

I don't even understand what is going on but it sure beats GOT season 5. Or Homeland Season 4

Or House of Cards

• Like 1

I like it, probably more since I never expected them to remake the first season.

I don't even understand what is going on but it sure beats GOT season 5. Or Homeland Season 4

Or House of Cards

I hope Fargo season 2 will be as good as the first one or at least close.

I don't even understand what is going on but it sure beats House of Cards

I should slap you for that.

That show puts me to sleep.

That show puts me to sleep.

This past season or all of them in general?

All of them man. I can't suspend disbelief enough to buy into the story. Instead of talking about the real story of corruption in Congress, they just turn this guy into a murderer and fucking Ricahrd III. In fact none of the characters are likable.

I mean in True Detective, I want to see what happens to the main characters. I would like Vince Vaughan to get his money back. Vince Vaughan is probably the most "normal" character. His problem is that he got fucked over and someone is attacking him. These other guys have fucking issues man, but I want to see what happens to them.

Well I mean, the show is an absolute work of fiction and is meant for something totally different than talking about any types of reality of corruption in Congress. And to me I think Frank Underwood is one of the most likable characters in recent memory; the bad guy you love with excellent acting skills. But to each their own I guess. Everyone has different tastes.

As for TD, the story hasn't gripped me and the acting hasn't either. I can't buy into what Vince is selling. He isn't a good actor to me. The story is pretty shallow and I don't think Taylor Kitsch fits too well thus far either. His character is kinda "meh" and really don't give a shit if he's gay or not.

Only thing keeping me interested in this season is hoping for my Colin Ferrell freak outs and just needing to complete it in general.

I mean it's good, but it doesn't have the same feel. It's like a cop drama from NBC but better. The story is meh though. Not some creepy past case that was never solved and people are getting asked about it like before. Ugh.

Oh well.

Just watched the 3rd episode, it was pretty boring, thank god im not the only one who is finding it boring or slow, the story line is not gripping at all, Last season had some dull moments too, but the story had a lot of grip in it, Im only watching this season for Rachel Mcadams, I hope there are some BEWBS!!!!

Well, it seems then that I'm the only one who has been enjoying it so far ): I'm optimistic. First season didn't really pick it up until the fourth episode, so let's wait. For this season they wrote it all before recording, so we know at least that in theory that story is fully tied, something that didn't happen in the first one - which was good, but full of holes and points with no closure at all.

The best part of the gunfight to me wasnt the fight itself, but all the characters' reactions once the gravity of it all sunk in. The "holy fuck there are like 20 dead civilians" realization moments were quite well done.

Still some of the procedural stuff in this episode was a little clunky. I dont think Vince Vaughn was bad this week though, and he's been a weak spot.. It's been a clunky season but an entertaining one at least.

Edited by bt88