May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

What about all those fans for whom Tommy has become an iconic member of GNR?

I realise you say this jokingly, but for some, he is a big part. It's definitely a HUGE minority and even then I wouldn't say iconic. But as a huge 'Mats fan, and a NuGNR supporter, I'm a Tommy fan.

I'm sure there are 5-10 of you guys, and rock on if that's what you're into, but the general reaction (pun intended) speaks volumes.

Like I said. Definitely not a lot of us. But even then I am pretty interested in seeing what Duff can bring back to the table. Though I don't want a reunion, and I feel like many will start a checklist after he potentially comes back.

Is it just me, or is it weird to have Tommy take the night off so Duff can fill in for him? :huh:

So Tommy isn't there on stage then? No it's not you but I agree it's a bit odd. This wouldn't be part of the rumour of changes behind the scenes that fans will be happy about is it?

Is it just me, or is it weird to have Tommy take the night off so Duff can fill in for him? :huh:

I would think Tommy would be getting a little annoyed too.

And yeah. Sort of this. I mean, Duff is absolutely awesome, no argument there. But it just doesn't feel very....band-like now. Which seemed to be what Axl was trying to create for years (but failed miserably).

Axl wouldn't have done this if a Tommy wasn't ok with it. Tommy will get his paycheck and be just fine. He understands what Duff playing means to the fans.

I bet that makes him (Tommy) feel great and appreciated...

Like I said, not very band-like.

But then again - what every fan that doesn't go to an internet forum and probably half the fans that do want is the real Guns n' Roses anyway. Duff is a step in that direction.

Maybe we could keep Duff and Tommy, and get rid of DJ? Just brainstorming here!

• Like 1

Seriously, how fucking great does Duff look for his age? Can't believe this is the same guy who looked like this 20 years ago:

<picture>

Can we get Duff back as Axl's personal trainer at least? Just look at that guy.

This and this. The guy looks fucking fantastic. Not just for his age, but really fucking great. And to think he drank himself to the very edge of death 20 years back, it's insane. Reading about all of that in his book and then seeing him is just fantastic.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Can we get Duff back as Axl's personal trainer at least? Just look at that guy.

Axl noticeably absent:

1515780_715253495184831_2032030630_n.jpg

This yoga stuff is magic.

Though at least we got this awesome photo of Axl from Bolivia:

axl-rose-la-paz-bolivia.jpg

• Like 1