May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

And yeah. Sort of this. I mean, Duff is absolutely awesome, no argument there. But it just doesn't feel very....band-like now. Which seemed to be what Axl was trying to create for years (but failed miserably).

That's exactly the reason why.

He failed at building peer vibe or whatever so let's back to the bases. Having Duff back would take some weight of Axl's shoulders, since Duff is no employee and could help a lot. But ok, I feel I'm going nuts with this and I don't want to speculate based on 1 show....

(Or actually 6 shows... gosh)

Look how right Duff and Axl look together in that tweet pic. And they both know it. But Axl is not a traitor. If Tommy wants to stay in Guns, He'll stay in Guns. I love Tommy, but this is fucked up. Of course I would Take Duff over Tommy anyday, but yeah. That's just because I'm a Gn'R fan.

• Like 1

Why couldn't DJ sit out the whole show when Robin played at the Hollywood 2012 show? :/

It's weird how GNR didn't capitalise on this more for this show and the 2nd half of the South American run by announcing it at least a few weeks beforehand. I guess Axl doesn't want to be seen as milking the appeal of oldGNR, even if the current setlist is 75% AFD + UYIs.

Axl talked about what he missed most with the old lineup in the USA Today interview. He said it was having other people to lean on, with nuguns it was his thing, but with old guns it was a group thing.

Maybe he's trying to recapture some of that feeling again by pulling Duff in with him.

Maybe we are overreacting. Duff might not want to come back and Axl might not want him back full time. Who knows? Guess we will find out in the next year or two.

wonder if ashba still remembers the chords in attitude...

As for Duff joining the band for a date in a 2 week long vegas residency doesnt surprise me and i find it hard to believe that tommy would have a problem with it. He has said a lot of times that they're just axl's band, is obviously on good terms with duff (rehearsed together before the SA tour), and has been second on command in guns almost since joining the band. He probably understands that its a rare treat for fans in a residency that is defined by the shows being exactly the same.

• Like 1

Man, I really wish I could be there tonight, but the Vegas crowd'd be a disappointment after the insanity of Buenos Aires (even if I did feel like I was going to die on numerous occasions).

Well, how's that for a surprise, Duff filling in for Tommy a whole gig with Attitude and presumably Raw Power bring played. If it weren't for the fact that Duff did this back in SA we'd gone nuts.

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns. It looks like Axl got his old friend back, and band member. It probably feels really good to have him onstage. Probably a bit confused. Duff came back home. I hope he doesn't have to leave, but I still think it's just a bunch of great little moments, and Tommy will stay in Guns.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Well, how's that for a surprise, Duff filling in for Tommy a whole gig with Attitude and presumably Raw Power bring played. If it weren't for the fact that Duff did this back in SA we'd gone nuts.

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns. It looks like Axl got his old friend back, and band member. It probably feels really good to have him onstage. Probably a bit confused. Duff came back home. I hope he doesn't have to leave, but I still think it's just a bunch of great little moments, and Tommy will stay in Guns.

Are you drunk as fuck? You sound weird. :lol:

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns.

Yes. To those wanting Duff back this must be encouraging, to those wanting Tommy to stay in the band it must be disconcerting.

For the love of everything good will Axl quit playing Catcher! It's great every once in a while, but most of the time the vocals fall flat and it's not appealing live. Play street of dreams. Or madagascar. Idk anything but catcher!

Catcher is miles better than SOD, SOD is just incredibly boring, moreso live, was so happy when they swapped it out for Catcher. I do miss Madagascar but Axl's current voice suits Catcher better.

• Like 1

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns.

Yes. To those wanting Duff back this must be encouraging, to those wanting Tommy to stay in the band it must be disconcerting.

I want Duff back, but I don't want Tommy out.

• Like 1