May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

Well, how's that for a surprise, Duff filling in for Tommy a whole gig with Attitude and presumably Raw Power bring played. If it weren't for the fact that Duff did this back in SA we'd gone nuts.

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns.

Yes. To those wanting Duff back this must be encouraging, to those wanting Tommy to stay in the band it must be disconcerting.

I think Tommy gets it

For the love of everything good will Axl quit playing Catcher! It's great every once in a while, but most of the time the vocals fall flat and it's not appealing live. Play street of dreams. Or madagascar. Idk anything but catcher!

Catcher is miles better than SOD, SOD is just incredibly boring, moreso live, was so happy when they swapped it out for Catcher. I do miss Madagascar but Axl's current voice suits Catcher better.

There are no great vocal moments in catcher. It's flat. I love the studio recording, but to me catcher isn't that great live. They always mess up the mix between the vocals and guitars.

Look how right Duff and Axl look together in that tweet pic. And they both know it. But Axl is not a traitor. If Tommy wants to stay in Guns, He'll stay in Guns. I love Tommy, but this is fucked up. Of course I would Take Duff over Tommy anyday, but yeah. That's just because I'm a Gn'R fan.

I think the only thing that could save Guns nowadays is Duff coming back and writting a new album with Axl.

Well, how's that for a surprise, Duff filling in for Tommy a whole gig with Attitude and presumably Raw Power bring played. If it weren't for the fact that Duff did this back in SA we'd gone nuts.

But this is still pretty big if you think about it: this is way different then how Axl dealt with Izzy and his guest performers with Guns.

Yes. To those wanting Duff back this must be encouraging, to those wanting Tommy to stay in the band it must be disconcerting.

I want Duff back, but I don't want Tommy out.

Yeah, me too.

Yeah, both those people would be heartbroken.

For a second there I entertained the notion of posting, "Slash just came onstage!" to see the reactions here.

You rotten bugger :)

For a second there I entertained the notion of posting, "Slash just came onstage!" to see the reactions here.

We wouldn't believe it but if it did happen I'd love to see Axl's face. I wonder what his reaction would be, or would Slash get bundled off like the fans who get on stage do?

The reason he can have Duff out for the whole show is that Duff is actually fit to perform live. Izzy isn't.

What makes you say that? :huh:

Duff tours regularly with his solo bands and can handle full shows and learning new material. Izzy sits at home and records acoustic folk rock for 2 hours a year.

Listen to the Izzy parts on that London pro-shot. They don't sound good.

The reason he can have Duff out for the whole show is that Duff is actually fit to perform live. Izzy isn't.

What makes you say that? :huh:

Duff tours regularly with his solo bands and can handle full shows and learning new material. Izzy sits at home and records acoustic folk rock for 2 hours a year.

Listen to the Izzy parts on that London pro-shot. They don't sound good.

They'll just have to turn down his amps again. :lol:

Izzy's too unreliable. You can't have him as a full-time member.

It's not what he wants either. But as a songwriting combo, I love Axl and Izzy.

Yeah, that would be great.

Down By The Ocean will be a real treat then if it's ever released.

So... Duff's there for the whole night. What's Tommy doing ? He's in Vegas too, right ? I definitely think something is up now... I'm glad to see that the SA tour was a success for Axl and Duff. They obviously both enjoyed it, or he wouldn't have returned tonight when it's not necessary, I mean, they do have a bass player. Maybe Tommy and Duff will do fifty fifty ? If one can't make it, the other one will fill in ? I don't know Tommy at all, but if I were him, I would be extremely annoyed at this. And if he's not, I would guess he doesn't really care about GNR anymore.

But great that Duff's back for tonight! And even more curious as to how it will unfold...

• Like 1