Rolling Stone survey: What's the best Guns N' Roses song?

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/weekend-rock-question-whats-the-best-guns-n-roses-song-20140606

We'll believe it when we see it, but Axl Rose insisted this week that Guns N' Roses have new material he hopes to release sometime in the not-too-distant future. "We recorded a lot of things before Chinese Democracy was out," he said. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too."

Now we have a question for you: What is your single favorite Guns N' Roses song? Feel free to vote for an early classic like "Sweet Child O'Mine" and "Rocket Queen," a 1990s epic like "November Rain" and "Don't Cry" or even a Chinese Democracy track like "Better" or "I.R.S." You can vote for whichever Guns N' Roses song you want, but please only vote once and only for a single track.

You can vote here in the comments, on facebook.com/rollingstone or on Twitter using the hashtag #WeekendRock.

Edited by NGOG

As much as I love TWAT, I'd have to go for November Rain. It was the Guns song I loved before I even loved Guns.

1. NR

2. TWAT

3. Nightrain

4. YCBM

5. SCOM

6. Prostitute

7. TIL

8. Civil War

9. Better

10. PC

11. Madagascar

12. Estranged

Too many songs to list...

If you asked me a few years ago I would've probably put Estranged in my top 3, but while I still love it I can't relate to it as much any more.

Too many to name!

AFD: Nightrain or PC

Lies: One In A Million

UYI1: Don't Cry

UYI2: Don't Cry alt, Locomotive

TSI: Hair of the Dog

CD: Better

If you're a GNR fan and someone asks you what your favourite song is and you don't say Estranged then you're not a GNR fan. You're a spy or something.

STFU. Don't Cry all day long.

What a catalogue of songs to pick from though, like all great bands.

Estranged, Coma and Locomotive are probably the best as far as composition goes. If we're talking sheer melodic hook and palpable sensibilities, SCOM wins hands down.

Nice machine head avatar :headbang:

If you're a GNR fan and someone asks you what your favourite song is and you don't say Estranged then you're not a GNR fan. You're a spy or something.

Stupidest statement ever.

Estranged is hardly in my top ten of favorite GNR-songs, if anything.

AFD: Rocket Queen

Lies: Patience

UYI1: November Rain

UYI:2 You Could Be Mine

TSI?: Down On The Farm

CD: Better

It's pretty hard to pick one from all the albums anyway. There are so many great songs in every GNR album.