The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

OMG what a game last night! Brazil-Mexico is my favourite from this world cup so far!

Why is everyone saying that, it was a dud 0-0 draw, Netherlands vs Spain is the best game so far.

OMG what a game last night! Brazil-Mexico is my favourite from this world cup so far!

Why is everyone saying that, it was a dud 0-0 draw, Netherlands vs Spain is the best game so far.

Because yesterday's game had nerve. I still prefer the Netherlands vs Spain game.

Edited by SoulMonster

Did you see the game?

Yes and I have seen better 0-0s at the cobblers

Did you see the game?

Yes and I have seen better 0-0s at the cobblers

Least you would've got your shoes repaired.

I would not play Rooney. I just would not play him.

I can't see a reason not too - he's really still our best player. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

Did you see the game?

Yes, decent goalkeeping but not a lot else.

Because yesterday's game had nerve. I still prefer the Netherlands vs Spain game.

How exactly does a game have nerve?

People who wonder why some of us think Brazil-Mexico was better than the Netherlands-Spain match.

Well, not even close. The first half of Netherlands-Spain was average. Then, after the second Dutch goal, there was only one team on the grass. Only one team playing wonderfully while the other one was in Mars, dazed and confused begging for it to finish.

Brazil-Mexico was exciting until the minute 94. Both teams could have won, both teams were focused and showing their best version (perhaps Brazil still can do better but it was still a solid game, only problem was Ochoa for them). Because despite playing in Brazil, Mexico didnt play as if it was done. Because it had been years since a goalkeeper made me love this sport. Because thats passion.

Edit:Because, despite the goalkeeper, Mexico was more than him.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

More like Brazil dropped a plopper and Mexico managed to hold em off. If you think thats Brazils best version then you're off your tits.

Edited by sugaraylen

More Brazi dropped a plopper and Mexico managed to hold em off.

Disagree. Mexico had its chances too. But even if it was like that, then why is Holland Spain better? The only difference would be that Spain didn't hold em off.

Edit:I think Brazil will win this because they have to. I don't think Brazil is actually the holy grail, I think it's just a good tea but nothing mind blowing.

Guest Len B'stard

Cuz goals were scored, cuz it was a dramatic turn around on the two time world cup title holders, because you saw one of the best teams in the world get dismantled, because something actually fucking happened, a fuckin' photo-finish top of the line goal from that cunt whoose name i refuse to speak, Robben was fantastic, quite a few Holland players were.

I'm not sure they will after last night performance but i hope they do if England are out of the running of course :)

Cuz goals were scored, cuz it was a dramatic turn around on the two time world cup title holders, because you saw one of the best teams in the world get dismantled, because something actually fucking happened, a fuckin' photo-finish top of the line goal from that cunt whoose name i refuse to speak, Robben was fantastic, quite a few Holland players were.

I'm not sure they will after last night performance but i hope they do if England are out of the running of course :)

2 time World cup title holders?

Change Ochoa for Casillas and you would have 10 goals. Julio Cesar also saved a couple of goals. There is more than goals to football. Second division natches tend to have more goals. School teams score more goals. Netherlands could have scored 15 goals, they were the only ones playing.

It was an odd match, an anomaly, yesterday's was football in capital letters.

Spain was already ridiculed last year by Brazil in the final of the Confe Cup. It was a death foretold.Mexico playing face to face to Brazil at home? Not that expected.

Guest Len B'stard

You know what i mean, they won it the last two times.

And as far as goals not being all there is to football, true but by the same token there aint a lot too football besides em, i mean you sort of need em to do that funny thing called winning that England are allergic too.

Anywayz, i respectfully disagree with your position.

Edited by sugaraylen

I think the Netherlands-Spain match was better, too, with all those great goals and it is always a joy to watch a team that is as good as Netherlands was, but Brasil-Mexico had more nerve and was in a way more exciting 'cause you never knew who was going to win (and I had betted on a draw in that match so I was sitting at the edge of my chair throughout the match).

You know what i mean, they won it the last two times.

And as far as goals not being all there is to football, true but by the same token there aint a lot too football besides em, i mean you sort of need em to do that funny thing called winning that England are allergic too.

Anywayz, i respectfully disagree with your position.

Spain have only won it once Len (2010) ;)

They won the last two Euros (2008, 2012)

Spain - Netherlands was a very good game too (as was England - Italy) but the action wasn't as fast paced and there were quite a few dead moments. With Mexico - Brazil the whole game from the beginning to the end was full of action and suspense. And it wasn't as one sided as a few posts here make it out to be. Between 45 and 75 mins at least Mexico dominated and it was reasonably balanced for the rest of the duration of the game too.