Sweet Child features in new Northern Ireland car crash ad

I thought this was gonna be Lithium all over again with that bird getting slapped but this was totes lolworthy when those kids got killed.... when you just see a pile of clothes on the grounds it just looked like some poxy comedy skit you know when someone gets blown up and there's a bang, a poof of smoke and some shreds of material fall around.

EDIT: and really. ..a class full of dead kids on the road in 14 years doesn't sound all that high. What's that? One and a half dead kids a year? And how many of those one and a half dead kids would be from alcohol?

EDIT EDIT: I liked the cover.

Edited by Johnny Drama
  • Like 1

I thought this was gonna be Lithium all over again with that bird getting slapped but this was totes lolworthy when those kids got killed.... when you just see a pile of clothes on the grounds it just looked like some poxy comedy skit you know when someone gets blown up and there's a bang, a poof of smoke and some shreds of material fall around.

EDIT: and really. ..a class full of dead kids on the road in 14 years doesn't sound all that high. What's that? One and a half dead kids a year? And how many of those one and a half dead kids would be from alcohol?

The way it's cut is just like a comedy bit. It would have been far more effective if it was just a kid or even a few kids being tragically run over in the street, as opposed to car comedically flipping over a wall and pancaking a bunch of them.

• Like 1

The way it's cut is just like a comedy bit. It would have been far more effective if it was just a kid or even a few kids being tragically run over in the street, as opposed to car comedically flipping over a wall and pancaking a bunch of them.

Pancaking! :rofl-lol: oh man I'm literally in hysterics about this. It's EXACTLY like a comedy BIT.

These adverts are normally pretty well done, hard hitting, and effective. If you ask pretty much anyone from here they'll remember them from years before, and our rate of deaths on the road decreases pretty much every year. That said, this was stupid. It's actually almost a remake of an old one which I'll try to find, that I thought was well done, but the image of the car actually crushing the kids in this is somewhat comical. I get the impression someone on the team has some kind of an animation background and they decided it should be put to use. This is from around 1999 if I recall:

And another that people seem to remember well:

Source: I live in Northern Ireland, and I've worked with the company that makes these, specifically on one of the adverts (from around 2011).

Edited by Conor