Can we actually help GNR?

Yes, we can help: stop going to shows.

This way, Axl will have no choice except to release new music.

Actually, he'd probably just disappear and never be seen again.

I've been saying this for years. Not necessarily "Stop going to shows" because I happen to enjoy them still. However, I have been telling people for years to "Vote with your dollar".

If a professional rocn'n'roll band and their managemant can't handle their own shit, then good riddance... "Can we help Gn'R?"... They're just incompetent, lazy and/or pussy whipped by Axl.

We can't help people who think they are above us, just because they are famous, celebs or were lucky enough to be there at the right place, right moment (Team Brazil).

Plenty of demos from them hating the fans should be enough for us not to pull the rope anymore. I mean, if they release stuff, it's up to ourselves to buy it and promote it in our personal social media accounts, websites, fanpages, etc. But going out of our ways to get them respond to shit they obviously don't wanna respond, it's a waste of our precious time.

These people, Axl included, have treated fans like shit. Either by throwing them out of concerts, bullying them on forums, or calling out their names in front of a crowd. Not sure how many artists bully their fans publicly like "Guns N' Roses" do.....

The disaster their official social media accounts are just shows lack of professionalism, knowledge and basically, uninterest to deliver something new to the fans. We have got nothing since the release of ChinDem. It is all OLD CRAP, recycled, but STILL OLD FUCKING CRAP.

• Like 1

Axl has more money than everybody on this forum combined. Remember the line some members use on the forum about the band "doesn't owe you anything." Well that goes both ways. A kickstarter and those things would be ridiculous.

Axl/Beta know that there are 3-7 million people who will buy their next album.

If they put out an album, a book, go on tour........fans can choose to purchase those items. I've bought every album they've released, 3-5 times over. Numerous t-shirts. All the books. Saw them live three times. And will buy every piece of music that Axl ever releases.

If GN'R play a 10000 seater stadium, 300 people from a forum will be there, maximum.

GN'R have to think about 10000 people, not 300.

A casual music fan who does not post here will not think like a person who posts on a fan forum

There is no help you can offer unless you are the 97% who do not post here

Being a nu-gnr fan is akin to being in an abusive relationship. You know you should leave, but you love the bitch too much. If anyone needs help, it's the ones unable to leave GNR. Maybe we could start a program or something for those people. We'll use Jarmo as our poster boy.

Edited by combos
  • Like 1

Axl has more money than everybody on this forum combined. Remember the line some members use on the forum about the band "doesn't owe you anything." Well that goes both ways. A kickstarter and those things would be ridiculous.

Axl/Beta know that there are 3-7 million people who will buy their next album.

If they put out an album, a book, go on tour........fans can choose to purchase those items. I've bought every album they've released, 3-5 times over. Numerous t-shirts. All the books. Saw them live three times. And will buy every piece of music that Axl ever releases.

I hate the 'band doesn't owe you anything' line - Axl didn't get to where he is by winning the lottery, he wrote, recorded and released music. While to an extent I can understand that we don't get to decide what songs they should play live as they have to cater for the whole crowd and not folk on the forums, but in terms of releasing music, that's a pretty damn important part of being in a band and it's not ridiculous of us to ask/hope for/want the band to release a new album, ep or even a new song every so often.

• Like 2

I hate the 'band doesn't owe you anything' line - Axl didn't get to where he is by winning the lottery, he wrote, recorded and released music. While to an extent I can understand that we don't get to decide what songs they should play live as they have to cater for the whole crowd and not folk on the forums, but in terms of releasing music, that's a pretty damn important part of being in a band and it's not ridiculous of us to ask/hope for/want the band to release a new album, ep or even a new song every so often.

But you do agree there's a big difference between asking for something, hoping for something, and wanting a new album, and demanding it because you feel it is owed to you? I think we all ask/hope/want, but not all of us feel the band owe us something.

But you do agree there's a big difference between asking for something, hoping for something, and wanting a new album, and demanding it because you feel it is owed to you? I think we all ask/hope/want, but not all of us feel the band owe us something.

I'd honestly be surprised if there is a single person on the forum who thinks Axl literally owes us an album. I've always found this to be a bit of a red herring.

• Like 2

and what happen to his voice????

Considering how well he was able to sing during the last few shows of the residency, I'm more convinced than ever that he simply doesn't practice and doesn't keep his voice in shape. He's older now, so he can't get away with it like he used to, and if you think about how erratic his vocal performances were back in the day, he didn't really get away with it then either. It's just that back then he was young and more energetic and more charismatic and his voice was generally much more powerful than it is today, so the performances were still great. Plus you had other stars to pay attention to during the show. These days it's all about Axl. And since he's not as visually captivating as he used to be, there's more focus on his voice. He'd do well to understand that and prepare for it, imo.

I'd honestly be surprised if there is a single person on the forum who thinks Axl literally owes us an album. I've always found this to be a bit of a red herring.

^ No-one can demand anything from Axl, am sure no-one is stupid enough to say 'Axl, I demand you release a new album' and expect him to follow through with it - Just feels like TB/Jarmo etc make out then when you talk about wanting/hoping for a new album the first line that they come out with is 'Axl/the band don't owe you anything...' which I think is a pretty shitty reply to fans who have stuck by them for a long time, hey ho.

Well, if someone says, "Axl doesn't owe you anything" as a response to someone saying they want a new record, then it is sort of a weird and irrelevant reply. But of course it is factually and morally correct. No matter how long you have been a fan of the band, and no matter how much you have "defended" the band, the band still doesn't owe you anything. There is no forced obligations on their part as a result of your own fully personal choices. You cannot decide to support the band and then it will automatically cause the band to be in any obligation to you. This is not how the relationship between artists and fans work. This might feel unfair to fans who invest time and emotions into a band, but again, that is solely their decision. As long as the artist gives you art in return for the money you spend, then they have fullfilled any obligations they might have. If it was the other way, then artists would be forced to create just as a direct influence of being popular and having a devoted following, regardless of whether they are inspired, creative, etc. They would basically be artistically imprisoned as a result of their own success which doesn't really make for great art, in most cases.

Mags stop being a bitch and help GNR!

I'll do my bit when I'm done stimulating YOUR countries financial growth. That's all for now x

You know damn well that my thinly veiled mission is to wipe NuGNR off the face of the planet. I keeps it real.

Well, if someone says, "Axl doesn't owe you anything" as a response to someone saying they want a new record, then it is sort of a weird and irrelevant reply. But of course it is factually and morally correct. No matter how long you have been a fan of the band, and no matter how much you have "defended" the band, the band still doesn't owe you anything. There is no forced obligations on their part as a result of your own fully personal choices. You cannot decide to support the band and then it will automatically cause the band to be in any obligation to you. This is not how the relationship between artists and fans work. This might feel unfair to fans who invest time and emotions into a band, but again, that is solely their decision. As long as the artist gives you art in return for the money you spend, then they have fullfilled any obligations they might have. If it was the other way, then artists would be forced to create just as a direct influence of being popular and having a devoted following, regardless of whether they are inspired, creative, etc. They would basically be artistically imprisoned as a result of their own success which doesn't really make for great art, in most cases.

Without getting into an overly long discussion/debate over this - Correct, the band doesn't owe any fans anything, however, still doesn't mean I can't dislike it when said, or be a tad annoyed that line is rolled out whenever someone says 'I wish GNR would release a new album'. If GNR released albums in an even semi normal timeline then there would be alot less need for fans to wish for this fairly common thing that most bands actually do.

However, if I worked for UMG... then technically they possibly do still owe them an album, and the 'GNR doesn't owe you anything' would possibly be incorrect.

Not sure anyone knows the status of albums owed to the label though, could be 1, could be 5, could be zero, who knows (am sure there are people who do know, unlikely that they are on this forum and unlikely to answer this....)

P.S. Am sure I've seen you on HTGTH, so I'm sure you have seen that line been rolled out a few times.

Edited by robin2002
  • Like 1