SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Just seems like AL got a much bigger promotion than this album. The divorce/new girlfriend probably played a role in that.

Honestly, I think its simply that he started in the US last and every time. It seemed clear from the start this was going to be a weird promo when we found out the tour was starting in Europe. And maybe that is a completely westernized view of this touring, but I feel the US (and the album promo) is getting shafted by not starting here. Only because he'll tour here a year after the album is released, and then what? Is he gonna do ANOTHER leg a year and a half-2 years after it was released? For some reason, it just feels like the touring schedule works better when it goes US->Europe->US->other places->Europe again. And in no way do I mean to sound arrogantly American with that comment. I think its just how most tours have gone in the past and when they don't start in America, America ends up getting the shaft and also not really getting a lot of on time promotion for the new stuff.

Obviously, you can't factor out Slash's tour with Aerosmith last summer. I think they saw that as a big thing that Europe wouldn't be getting and would hold American audiences over until he finally comes back with what seems like a year later, which is fair. It just featured no new material. Also, I disagree that it didn't get promo in here. It got a lot of talk over the summer on all the big music sites and magazines, and World On Fire was played on the radio a lot where I lived and during all of his Youtube interviews. I honestly don't know what other promo, aside from playing regular headlining solo shows in the US, could have done. Playing a few TV shows, which he doesn't usually do anyway, doesn't seem like it would have done more. The people that cared about this album probably heard about it. I think the only reason AL felt like a bigger push was because he toured the US as it was coming out and he didn't do that here.

It's sad to see that Slash still can't headline a festival ...

I don't see it as sad at all. I'm not certain, but I'm guessing if you look at his past festival dates, nearly every one of them is him as second or maybe third billing, with the headliner being a classic 70s or 80s band. Slash, on his own, is never gonna overshadow one of those guys. And the reason I think he's always second is because he's never on the same day as a band like Body Count. He gets put into the "rock day" that most of these festivals have, in which he will never be the biggest band on the bill. I actually think its a testament to his and this band's ability that they continue to grow and get higher on these festivals and in arena size. Not to shit on Axl or get him involved in this thread, but if Axl toured without the Guns name he wouldn't be headlining these festivals either. Both he and Slash would get a guaranteed spot because of their respective names, and then get higher based on how good the music really is.

All fair about starting in Europe, but why not release Wicked Stone with a kick ass live video? I haven't heard Wicked Stone on the radio... That should have been the lead Single. Not releasing that is like leaving Messages off of Libertad. Doesn't make sense.

Can't argue with that point. I just chalk it up to these guys making dumb decisions sometimes. You're A Lie and Standing In The Sun were two of my least favorite songs on AL and they were the first two singles if I remember correctly. Thats certainly not what I would have chosen to represent that great album. It took them a year to make up for it by finally releasing Anastasia as a single. Maybe, hopefully, Wicked Stone will be the same thing, where it'll be released as a single and live music video to coincide with their return to America.

Right, and Anastasia was released so damn late nobody cared. You have one chance to make a first impression.. WOF and YAL fucking suck balls compared to Anastasia and Wicked Stone... Wicked Stone is THE SONG of this album. Bent to Fly is a fucking snooze fest too. Nice song, NOT A SINGLE. WOF is a cool rocker, but more of a filler... That said, WOF is better than SBQM.. HAHA. I just pisses me off because when you have a chance to have a real hit that can be played on mainstream rock, you have to do it. I hear every fucking SIXX AM releases on the radio. They release their best songs. I don't hear any Slash since standing in the son. I didn't hear WOF one time.

30 years to life always seemed like the best single to me

Catchy, well written and performed

I couldn't imagine wicked stone getting played as much

I wouldn't have released world on fire either but when they play the song live like on howard stern you can tell its a better song than the version that's on the record

Edited by Stealmylife