SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

I don't think that's confirmed by the band for Duff, i assume only the local radio confirmed it !

loaded is back, so it's only a matter of time for official confirmation...

https://www.facebook.com/DuffLoaded/photos/a.10152676807240574.1073741825.88717375573/10155225219285574/?type=1

Edited by Gem Archer

Am I the only one who thinks Slash has never really gotten the opener right?

I never liked Ghost or You're A Lie as songs all that much, and I really dislike them as openers. Halo is a great song, and a decent opener... but there's so many better songs to open with, Nightrain, YCBM, AL, Sucker Train Blues, It's So Easy, 30 Years To Life, Automatic Overdrive, Withered Delilah, and a plethora of Snakepit stuff (that sadly he'll probably never play again).

Nightrain, pretty much, since the start of his solo band has been the 2nd song of the set. At this point, I don't see them make it the opening song. You're A Lie kinda makes sense since it was kinda a hit single and it sets the tone appropriately. That said, maybe, there is a better opener somewhere. Welcome to the Jungle makes sense as an opener, imo, but I don't think they want to start off the bat with Todd singing.

I must be the only one who has noticed that Slash no longer has or uses his original top hat. He went from the beanie to the matte-finish top hat seen in the videos above.

Is Perla refusing to give that back? The plot thickens.

I reckon it's the equivalent of women changing their hair or reverting to their maiden name when a relationship ends. Reclaiming the former you!

Why the fuck did they record Myles all the time in the videos above?

If you look at the account that posted the closer videos, it's a Japanese Myles/Alter Bridge fansite. Not sure about that last one shot further away. You think the ones that sit on Slash the whole song are annoying?

Am I the only one who thinks Slash has never really gotten the opener right?

I never liked Ghost or You're A Lie as songs all that much, and I really dislike them as openers. Halo is a great song, and a decent opener... but there's so many better songs to open with, Nightrain, YCBM, AL, Sucker Train Blues, It's So Easy, 30 Years To Life, Automatic Overdrive, Withered Delilah, and a plethora of Snakepit stuff (that sadly he'll probably never play again).

I too have never been fully satisfied with his openers. Here's the issue: he's not gonna open with something that isn't one of his songs, at this late in the game. He has 3 albums worth of true solo material with this band (if you count the self title), so there's absolutely no way he'll open with a GNR or Velvet Revolver tune (or Snakepit, even though I feel your pain there). In fact, I don't think he ever really wanted to do that. This is his band, and it sets a big precedent with the opener being your own tune, which is why I feel he's always tried to do that.

Having said that, I also agree the openers he chooses tend to be the worst. "Ghost being the WTTJ of that album?!!" Well then that is the shittiest attempt at a WTTJ opening ever. They sound nothing alike, and honestly the two are so vastly different that I can't even compare them. Ghost isn't a great song. I don't think its anyone's favorite from the self titled. I don't think You're A Lie is anyone's favorite from AL. He chooses bad openers. Halo was good and a step in the right direction. If you take out the obvious GNR covers and VR tunes, from his solo albums, Apocalyptic Love, One Last Thrill (which he opened with for awhile, I just never saw), Hard & Fast (also used to open), World On Fire, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years To Life, and possibly Avalon all seem like fine openers to me. Hell, even By The Sword or Back From Cali to open would be a refreshing change.

I agree though that he doesn't quite have a solo song yet that works as an incredible opener. One of the very few flaws with his shows.