SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

From what I see according to Google, it's probably 1300 people. The other show in Tokyo had like 2400 people.

Anywho, here's the setlist.

You're a Lie
Nightrain
(Guns N’ Roses cover)
Standing in the Sun
Avalon
Back from Cali
(Slash cover)
Shadow Life
Ghost
(Slash cover)
Double Talkin' Jive
(Guns N’ Roses cover)
You Could Be Mine
(Guns N’ Roses cover)
Doctor Alibi
(Slash cover) (Todd Kerns on lead vocals)
Welcome to the Jungle
(Guns N’ Roses cover) (Todd Kerns on lead vocals)
The Dissident
Too Far Gone
Rocket Queen
(Guns N’ Roses cover)
Bent to Fly
World on Fire
Anastasia
Sweet Child O' Mine
(Guns N’ Roses cover)
Slither
(Velvet Revolver cover)
Encore:
Paradise City

So the swaps from the previous show are Halo for Standing in the Sun, Dirty Girl for Avalon, Stone Blind for Shadow Life, You're Crazy for Welcome to the Jungle, Beneath the Savage Sun for Far Too Gone, and Battleground for Bent To Fly.

Slash is one of the best, most soulful guitarist. Making him one of the Best ever . But w/ Myles Kennedy he's like a NASCAR motor/ Engine in a Prius. . Myles is talented, but he is a rebound singer. Alterbridge: a revison of an already not so great band. .....Creed. Then he somehow works with Slash, and listening to him sing GNR songs .................or anything else ...uck. At least Scott Weiland had his own material and was legit in covering GNR songs. Weiland was not the singer Mr Rose is, but he was Rock N Roll enough to sing for a guitarist like Slasher. That is what I've always loved about Rock N Roll: YOU must be talented, but your attitude is just as important as your skill. Just being good, isnt enough . YOu have to be real. Just my opinion, but I know what I'm sayin'. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Take care of your self and Take care of each other. Independence America!

................Illusions are yours and not mine.

I know what you mean, although I couldn't disagree more. Here's the thing: I get all the criticism towards Myles in terms of attitude. I completely understand it. It doesn't bother me, but I totally get it. I'm not a big Alter Bridge fan and to me they do sound pretty generic of the times. I don't know if I'd say they're a revision of an already not so great band, but I'm not far off from thinking that. I've really tried to get into their albums, and aside from the fact that I already like Myles from Slash, I can't get into the music. To me, if they didn't have Myles, I wouldn't give them the time of day, and when I listen to it Myles doesn't make it any better to me.

Having said that, and I know its been discussed here before, I'll never understand the fascination with Scott Weiland. Yeah, he comes with his own legit songs and he has a "presence", but I never thought he was that great. Especially coming off of Axl, Scott always seemed like a missed opportunity to me. I was never a big Stone Temple Pilots fan, and Scott's "singing" to me was always the weak part of Velvet Revolver. He has his own identity I guess, but its a pissy, drug addict one. And I say that having seen VR in 06 or 07 and it being one of the best shows I've ever seen, in no small part to Scott being an AMAZING frontman. But he wasn't always like that, and he was always very hit or miss, and on record that rarely came through. He was just another guy that was from a not so great band that worked fine with Slash. Not great, not bad, but never as good as some people claim since VR ended.

Again, just my opinion I guess. I get that people want that fire in Myles, but as I just heard Eddie Trunk say recently on his podcast while describing him, he's a guitarist that never thought he'd be a singer, and he feels naked without the guitar. Thats why he's a timid frontman, especially when you compare him to the previous people Slash has been with. But what he has, for me, is consistency and power, and I don't mind the nasal-ness (but I won't deny its there) so he's the best option we have. I think that ranks him past Scott to me and its why I stick with them. Because he's giving his all and I haven't seen anyone that gets close to the level he brings this band since Axl. They are still really good live, and thats a testament to Myles who is not a frontman by nature. But I still understand how that bothers people and I think its something at this point that you either like or don't.

Too imagine how hard it is for Myles, imagine for a minute Slash stepped out to be the frontman/singer? Not only is Myles a guitarist 1st, he's also been voted best rock singer 3 years running by music fans. So get off the guys back already cause it doesn't seem as if he's going anywhere.

• Like 1

@Slash2baz: How big is the venue Slash will play today in Tokyo?

From what I see according to Google, it's probably 1300 people. The other show in Tokyo had like 2400 people.

You're a Lie

Nightrain

(Guns N’ Roses cover)

Standing in the Sun

Avalon

Back from Cali

(Slash cover)

Shadow Life

Ghost

(Slash cover)

Double Talkin' Jive

(Guns N’ Roses cover)

You Could Be Mine

(Guns N’ Roses cover)

Doctor Alibi

Welcome to the Jungle

(Guns N’ Roses cover) (Todd Kerns on lead vocals)

The Dissident

Too Far Gone

Rocket Queen

(Guns N’ Roses cover)

Bent to Fly

World on Fire

Anastasia

Sweet Child O' Mine

(Guns N’ Roses cover)

Slither

(Velvet Revolver cover)

Encore:

Paradise City

So the swaps from the previous show are Halo for Standing in the Sun, Dirty Girl for Avalon, Stone Blind for Shadow Life, You're Crazy for Welcome to the Jungle, Beneath the Savage Sun for Far Too Gone, and Battleground for Bent To Fly.

some pictures...

5.jpg

21.jpg

19.jpg

hey maynard, are you going to any of brazil dates?

I was planning to go to Curitiba. But my life turn flipped upside down and I ended up in college again... So I need to save some money.. For now. Are you? Would love to meet you in person lol.

So do I, hope this time I can finally meet some people that I only have met by internet

Actually I'm going to São Paulo, I just can't wait until March... and man that's sucks if you can save that money just do it, I'm pretty sure Slash will rock out same as he did in 2012

• Like 1

This is turning into a fairly lengthy tour which I wasn't really expecting. As far as I can tell, the earliest date is June 1st and the latest is July 10th.

Still some significant gaps in the schedule here and there though so I've got my fingers crossed for some non-festival, smaller shows.

@Slash2baz: How big is the venue Slash will play today in Tokyo?

You're a Lie

Nightrain

(Guns N Roses cover)

Standing in the Sun

Avalon

Back from Cali

(Slash cover)

Shadow Life

Ghost

(Slash cover)

Double Talkin' Jive

(Guns N Roses cover)

You Could Be Mine

(Guns N Roses cover)

Doctor Alibi

Welcome to the Jungle

(Guns N Roses cover) (Todd Kerns on lead vocals)

The Dissident

Too Far Gone

Rocket Queen

(Guns N Roses cover)

Bent to Fly

World on Fire

Anastasia

Sweet Child O' Mine

(Guns N Roses cover)

Slither

(Velvet Revolver cover)

Encore:

Paradise City

some pictures...

5.jpg

21.jpg

19.jpg

Thanks guys.

Venue is packed but it looks like more than 1300 people.

This is turning into a fairly lengthy tour which I wasn't really expecting. As far as I can tell, the earliest date is June 1st and the latest is July 10th.

Still some significant gaps in the schedule here and there though so I've got my fingers crossed for some non-festival, smaller shows.

He'll hopefully hit the US by 2073.

I was planning to go to Curitiba. But my life turn flipped upside down and I ended up in college again... So I need to save some money.. For now. Are you? Would love to meet you in person lol.

And I would love to meet you, dude ... any chance for you to come to Portugal? <3

My tickets will arrive tomorrow morning. Finally! Can't wait!

Have a nice one, Nosaj ...

I just hope Myles doesn't fuck up much GN'R songs ... :shrugs:

And I would love to meet you, dude ... any chance for you to come to Portugal? <3

Actually, I'd love to. Would there be room for me at your place? I could go in July.