Appetite For Democracy First-Week Sales Revealed

Black Sabbath with Gathered In Their Masses sold around 9,000 copies in its first week of release and debut at position No. 2.

Gojira : 600 copies

Metallica's Quebec Magnetic : 14,000 copies

Dream Theater Live At Luna Park : 6,600 copies

Megadeth Rust In peace live : 2,200 copies

Saxon : 500 copies

Dream Theater sold more than Guns? Wow. They are a really good band and all but I would've thought Guns would have outsold them simply because they are more well-known and their songs are more accessible.

Fun Fact: If you Google "smashing pumpkins blu ray billboard sales numbers" the thread comes up on the first page of results. :lol:

I'm famous!

Song is terrible, but your post reminded me of it:

lol Def Leppard. What about a decent band's blu-ray? Coma said Smashing Pumpkins had one?

Carnival of Sins Live from Mötley Crüe is 3x platinum in the US :hahafyou:

Side note: several friends of mine were at the show Carnival Of Sins was filmed at. Unfortunately for them, they were also at the same venue for the train wreck of an opening night Crue had the other night :/

wouldn't call it a trainwreck, it was just a few minor technical problems on opening night that have since been worked out. it's a rock and roll show, it's not going to be perfect.

So it's #1 because there's nothing else new selling well? Compared to Crue and Sabbath this isn't very good. Am I missing something? Are those legit comparisons?

Mötley Crüe concert films are selling more than Guns N' Roses concert films :hahafyou: Carnival of Sins Live's 3x platinum status is even more than Guns N' Roses Tokyo '92 which only hit Gold :hahafyou:

Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day video longform is 3x platinum according to the RIAA database. I didn't see Michael Jackson's This Is It listed. I don't think concert films generally do well, especially now with so many people having access to YouTube and other sites where they can be put up for streaming. Were digital sales counted in the billboard thing, or was it just physical releases?

Are you comparing this release and the This Is It DVD? Really?

If you're talking to me I only brought it up because usemyillusions mentioned it and said concert releases generally don't do well, but obviously This Is It did do well which was the point of my post.

Of course I'm not comparing AFD to TII. MJ is obviously on his own level.

But This Is It is the best selling concert film, but maybe that was for when it was in the cinemas only and not out on dvd yet?

From the numbers I get from google it's sold nearly 3 million copies.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2009/JACKO-DVD.php

I didn't see that in the RIAA database. Are those worldwide sales? The recent Led Zeppelin blu ray concert film and the MC blu ray concert film are 3x Platinum (3m units) in the USA. It's also worth pointing out that This Is It on that site is listed as a documentary, not a concert film.

lol Def Leppard. What about a decent band's blu-ray? Coma said Smashing Pumpkins had one?

Carnival of Sins Live from Mötley Crüe is 3x platinum in the US :hahafyou:

Wasn't that released n 2005? different time, can't expect the same sales. Quebec magnetic did pretty well though considering when it came out, and that they had released another live dvd around that time.

I would say AFD could have sold better if it was released last christmas, loads of people would have bought it for the rocker in the family as a stocking filler. It did reasonably well but it shows that America aren't that interested in GnR these days, or that releasing it in cinemas a week before the release was a bad idea... either or.

• Like 1

If you're talking to me I only brought it up because usemyillusions mentioned it and said concert releases generally don't do well, but obviously This Is It did do well which was the point of my post.

Right.

Anyway, we should be happy with the numbers, they're fine, and GNR is number one again.

Right.

Anyway, we should be happy with the numbers, they're fine, and GNR is number one again.

I am happy they're number one again. They're my favorite band after all.

I just replied to a post in the thread, didn't realise it would be that big of a deal. Sorry.

Right.

I am happy they're number one again. They're my favorite band after all.

I just replied to a post in the thread, didn't realise it would be that big of a deal. Sorry.

Ha! There's some misunderstanding, I'm not trying to be harsh with you! sorry my fault :lol:

• Like 1

Anybody that compare 2005 dvd sales to 2014 bluray sales is wrong from the get go! People dont buy much these day. Metallica's a great exception with their 14000. They are in such another place.

But This Is It is the best selling concert film, but maybe that was for when it was in the cinemas only and not out on dvd yet?

From the numbers I get from google it's sold nearly 3 million copies.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2009/JACKO-DVD.php

I didn't see that in the RIAA database. Are those worldwide sales? The recent Led Zeppelin blu ray concert film and the MC blu ray concert film are 3x Platinum (3m units) in the USA. It's also worth pointing out that This Is It on that site is listed as a documentary, not a concert film.

Platinum music dvd's aren't one million shipped.

• Like 1