Do you consider AFD Glam?

No. There are a couple songs that make it debatable, but those aren't the hits. "Anything Goes" and "Think About You" are pretty straight up glam/hair metal. "My Michele" borders on Motley Crüe parody. There's something to be said of the chorus to Nightrain being glam.

However the classic tracks that define them like WTTJ, Paradise City, SCOM, Brownstone, the punk of It's So easy, don't have any glam sound at all.

Basically any band that took a page or two from Slade and dolled themselves up in the 80s was a glam metal band. The guy on Metal: A Headbangers Journey said there was a difference between glam metal and pop metal. I don't consider GNR a glam metal band.

On a lot of websites and there is a poll about the best glam albums AFD almost comes up all the time. So do you consider AFD glam?

Nope

It's sleaze if you really wanna aggregate

Most of the 1990-2000's glam/sleaze bands cited GNR (esp. AFD and Lies) as a huge influence

They win the audience beacuse they were more and better than the hair bands at that time.
GNR combined 70's with the 80's, pure hard rock with some sleaze metal elements. Of course their image until 1988-89 is "hair metal". Only Steven looks "dated" on those early pics (maybe Duff a little bit and Axl's hair from 85-87)

Axl, Duff and Steven definitely had the look in the early days. I suppose Steven carried it on and Duff kinda did?

As for AFD... I'd say the choruses to PC and Nightrain are kinda glam and Anything Goes is glam but that's to be expected given the latter was borne of Hollywood Rose. That being said overall AFD is hard Rock through and through. To say otherwise would be like saying that it's speed metal because of You're Crazy.

• Like 1