Policing Thread

magisme

Since this went so well the first time....

(Reuters) - Demonstrators rallied on Wednesday against what they described as a culture of police brutality in South Carolina in the case of a white officer caught on video killing a black man by shooting him in the back as the man ran away after a traffic stop.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/08/us-usa-south-carolina-shooting-idUSKBN0MY28220150408

The video is out there to see. Not sure if we should post it on the forum.

Stupid pig even tried claiming that the guy was trying to grab his taser. Sad thing is he would have gotten away with it if there were no cell phones.

Yup. This one is straight up murder with no room whatsoever for a defence. Add to it the fucking moron not only tried to cover his ass by moving evidence he tried to plant it on the victim. If the US courts get this one wrong that entire country is fucked and will go up in smoke. In fact if they get it wrong maybe it's time the country does go up in smoke and starts fresh

• Like 1

(Reuters) - Demonstrators rallied on Wednesday against what they described as a culture of police brutality in South Carolina in the case of a white officer caught on video killing a black man by shooting him in the back as the man ran away after a traffic stop.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/08/us-usa-south-carolina-shooting-idUSKBN0MY28220150408

Stupid pig even tried claiming that the guy was trying to grab his taser. Sad thing is he would have gotten away with it if there were no cell phones.

Yup. This one is straight up murder with no room whatsoever for a defence. Add to it the fucking moron not only tried to cover his ass by moving evidence he tried to plant it on the victim. If the US courts get this one wrong that entire country is fucked and will go up in smoke. In fact if they get it wrong maybe it's time the country does go up in smoke and starts fresh

It is time for the US to adapt gun control, but the gun control needs to start and stop with these uneducated bullies that hide behind their badges. They shouldn't be trusted with pea shooters much less something that can take a life. The fact that the consequences of killing someone for most of these idiots is a paid vacation is absolutely no help either. Sounds more like a reward to me.

• Like 1

It is time for the US to adapt gun control, but the gun control needs to start and stop with these uneducated bullies that hide behind their badges. They shouldn't be trusted with pea shooters much less something that can take a life. The fact that the consequences of killing someone for most of these idiots is a paid vacation is absolutely no help either. Sounds more like a reward to me.

I've been to the States so many times in my life and in all honesty it really feels like they let any ass clown be a cop down there. Obviously there are some good officers in the United States but it's also very obvious they have a lot of ass clown officers. We have them in Canada too but here there just seems to be a level of professionalism ona day to day basis that lets you know they are much better trained. I mean fuck I was in New York in November and there were a group of NYPD guys standing on the corner all huddled around a cell phone laughing thier asses off and slapping each other on the back just acting like annoying kids. It really mademe think what the fuck. You'd never see that in Canada. the process to become a police officer here is very difficult. My gues is not so much in the States.

Not at all. In fact, they have a policy of hiring low IQ applicants because they are less likely to question orders. Canada might not be perfect, but we could definitely learn a lot from you guys down here.

I feel kinda bad saying it, but without question the dumbest people I come across are policeman and recent military personnel.

Placing intelligence limits on their subservient assholes has worked out great for the people in power because they have their army of mindless drones to threaten, bully, kill and steal what little money has been left to the general population, but it hasn't worked out well for us at all. This system isn't sustainable though and things are going to get much worse before they get better. I know I probably sound like the idiot on the corner preaching about the return of jebus, but how far can they push before we push back? Can't be too much farther.

• Like 1

Considering amount of bullshit happening in US, American citizens as collective are surprisingly docile lot.

Some sort of unspoken law among your cops is that it is more or less ok to kill black people when you feel like it. Amount of Youtube videos showing these cases is...staggering.

It costs from hundreds to thousands of dollars to get half a dozen stitches done at hospital.

Money completely and utterly defines the human value of yourself and your children. It defines which version of Law you are under.

Quality of your education from craddle through college decided by wealth of your parents.

Yet, despite all this people black, white, brown, fucking everyone as a collective is fairly ok with all this. Numb. I assume it is combination of Internet and Television that makes one passive and numb enough to just bend over and take it.

Imagine, in early 90's a video shows up where cops beat a black guy up -> race riots and L.A fucked. Today, Youtube is filled with black people getting fucking executed by cops. - > Few hundred people show up with picket signs for couple of hours. Media really does make masses docile and numb. You see and hear something outrageous on Internet every day. You just stop caring and check the next video. Injustice, even when it hits very close to home,jut stops being some exciting thing to get angry about.

Maybe " getting angry about something" has also changed. It used to mean riots, activism and truly tying to enforce change. Now it means 10 lines of ranting in net and thinking " you've done your part" after sending a fucking tweet. lol.

One would never guess modern day US actually makes a country where people have long dead ancestors who won an independence. Sure makes stealthy entity in your genepool.

Edited by LTD
  • Like 1

My Dad was an RCMP for 37 years, then went into SCAN (an operation that shuts down drug houses) for 5 years. 42 years of service in law enforcement and not once did he ever have to draw his gun AND he was in countless situations more threatening than this cop was in. In fact I witnessed one where I was having lunch with my Dad while he was on duty and our lunch was interupted by a disturbance in the parking lot. We went out and three guys were assaulting one guy. My Dad intervened and the three guys turned on my Dad and actually started to fight. He decked the first guy and took out his asp baton and I jumped in to help. Not gonna lie that was kinda cool. Like the best ever take your son to work day haha. Anyways No guns, no deaths and that situation alone was more threatening than an unarmed man running away. I just don't get the trigger happy culture in the United States. It's a whole other topic but I honestly feel America's peverse facsination with guns does play a part.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily agree with that because there are millions of Americans that have guns and aren't out there shooting people. I am fully for having to pass an IQ test before being able to handle a gun though, because it seems to me that low IQ meatheads can't control themselves once they get their hands on one.

I don't necessarily agree with that because there are millions of Americans that have guns and aren't out there shooting people. I am fully for having to pass an IQ test before being able to handle a gun though, because it seems to me that low IQ meatheads can't control themselves once they get their hands on one.

Ummmm....... I think statistics say otherwise. Gun related deaths per capita in America via citizens and cops alike, obscenely out number similar related deaths in other "western" countries. In many countries combined in fact. There's gotta be something to that right?

I agree 100% though people should ahve to pass not only an IQ test but a have a mental assesment done by a professional before qualfying to own a gun. I'd like to know how rigerous the training is for the police officers who carry guns is. Like is it an afternoon of training and that's it or what?

Ummmm....... I think statistics say otherwise. Gun related deaths per capita in America via citizens and cops alike, obscenely out number similar related deaths in other "western" countries. In many countries combined in fact. There's gotta be something to that right?

I agree 100% though people should ahve to pass not only an IQ test but a have a mental assesment done by a professional before qualfying to own a gun. I'd like to know how rigerous the training is for the police officers who carry guns is. Like is it an afternoon of training and that's it or what?

The higher gun death statistics correlate nicely with the lower average intelligence of Americans too though. I know that in some areas of the country that no training or education (not even a high school diploma) is required to become a cop so I wouldn't imagine the training would be too rigorous anywhere in the country.

At this very moment I'm in the process of becoming a police officer. Its a three step process, and I've made it through the first 2 steps. Not sure if I'm actually going to go to the Academy..still debating.

Anyway, one of things I find interesting and I never hear anyone talking about in relation to these cases and others across US when talking solutions, is the lack of qualifications an individual must posses to become a police officer. It is seriously harder to get a job at your local Wal-Mart than it is to become a cop.

Almost all departments only require that you have a GED!!!, The written exam is on an 8th grade level!!!, and as for physical requirements, I only had do 20 sit-ups and 25 push-ups in 5 minutes!!!! You can even have a criminal record!!!.

With all this authority we give them, don't you guys think we should be a bit more selective when it comes to the hiring process?

• Like 1

At this very moment I'm in the process of becoming a police officer. Its a three step process, and I've made it through the first 2 steps. Not sure if I'm actually going to go to the Academy..still debating.

Anyway, one of things I find interesting and I never hear anyone talking about in relation to these cases and others across US when talking solutions, is the lack of qualifications an individual must posses to become a police officer. It is seriously harder to get a job at your local Wal-Mart than it is to become a cop.

Almost all departments only require that you have a GED!!!, The written exam is on an 8th grade level!!!, and as for physical requirements, I only had do 20 sit-ups and 25 push-ups in 5 minutes!!!! You can even have a criminal record!!!.

With all this authority we give them, don't you guys think we should be a bit more selective when it comes to the hiring process?

Yes.

Unfortunately, maybe the requirements and duties of the actual job are such that not many skilled people want to apply? So they have to lower the standards just to get anybody to apply.

Where I live the standards are much higher. We just had a police officer fired for checking his fantasy football team out on a company computer during work time. And the training involves going off to a boot camp for I think about a month or six weeks.

But I live in a small city in a small state, so maybe our applicant pool is a lot different than a city of a million people. We hire the best candidates, instead of just trying to find warm bodies to fill positions.

Yeah this really says a lot about the IQ of police officers here. With cops all over the country being neck deep in this kind of shit, and then just nonchalantly *murdering* a black man in broad daylight like this. Like, just another average stroll through the park. Christ :facepalm:

I mean ffs, you'd think with all the headlines going on the actual racist pigs would adapt to being a little more subtle. Just a tad bit more coy. Instead...

I'm just wondering what are the actual qualifications needed to become a police officer in the states? I'm wondering because I applied to be an officer in my country and I had to go through a rigorous testing procedure, both physically and mentally. passed them all but we couldn't reach an agreement on the salary part so I decided to not go further with the whole process.

Los Angeles Police department are now being trained the Canadian way when it comes to use of force.

"Trust me, the training is better," Johnson said. "It is constitutional policing at its highest level. So the fact that it comes from Canada? We'll take it!"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-police-department-training-140000398.html

• Like 1

Los Angeles Police department are now being trained the Canadian way when it comes to use of force.

"Trust me, the training is better," Johnson said. "It is constitutional policing at its highest level. So the fact that it comes from Canada? We'll take it!"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-police-department-training-140000398.html

Nice, but our stupid pigs will probably just end up corrupting the Canadians.

Not to distract from what was obviously a murder, but is US police so much worse than police in other countries with similar large population? Not that it would in any shape or form lessen the seriousness of US police violence, but does anyone know how US police fares compares to others?

And, in the unlikely chance that US police isn't worse than others, that every country struggle wth approximately the same frequency of police violence, then might this ungoing discussion in the US be settled by just accepting that some murders will inevitably happen if you arm some peole and set them to boss others? I am completely playing devil's adocate here by the way, or devil's patent attorney which in my opinion is a much more fitting term.

Not to distract from what was obviously a murder, but is US police so much worse than police in other countries with similar large population? Not that it would in any shape or form lessen the seriousness of US police violence, but does anyone know how US police fares compares to others?

And, in the unlikely chance that US police isn't worse than others, that every country struggle wth approximately the same frequency of police violence, then might this ungoing discussion in the US be settled by just accepting that some murders will inevitably happen if you arm some peole and set them to boss others? I am completely playing devil's adocate here by the way, or devil's patent attorney which in my opinion is a much more fitting term.

it just seems cops in the US go out of there way to start shit and to intimidate people IMO. not sure how they compare to the rest of the world but its pretty bad. sure there are a lot of good cops out there and i have met a number but there is also those cops that threaten to beat you with a mag light for "speaking out of turn"

The US police have killed far more Americans than ISIS. In the last year they have beaten a homeless mentally ill man to death while he begged for his life and pleaded for his daddy to come help him because they were killing him. They have broke into a place place and threw a flash grenade into a crib which blew half of the baby occupying it's face off. It lived but they refuse to help with medical bills. The broke into the wrong house and killed a sleeping 8 year old girl by shooting her while she slept. They killed a 12 year old boy for playing with a toy gun that looked nothing like a real gun. The video shows them drive up, jump out and shoot him with no sort of warning. They killed an unarmed16 year old girl who went to the police station for help and became irate when they wouldn't help her. They broke into a house and executed a man that was laying on the floor because a crackhead falsely claimed that he was buying drugs from him. They executed a mentally handicapped man who walked out of his house with a screwdriver because he became confused when they started screaming at him to drop it. This is the very tip of the iceberg but I'm at work right now. I'll give you many more examples of what these morons are doing later, if you wish.