Policing Thread

magisme

Well..... while this thread is here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/cleveland-shot-boy/19471925/

Cops are such pussies sometimes. Reminds a bit of the incident with the girl from Hofstra University a few years ago. Fucking police, the second they think their life might be in danger, they unload their magazines into the general area of the perceived thread. No sense of civil service, no ability to think under pressure. Obviously these are huge overgeneralizations, but dammit they're true on a larger scale than they should be.

Edited by OmarBradley

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/cleveland-shot-boy/19471925/

Cops are such pussies sometimes. Reminds a bit of the incident with the girl from Hofstra University a few years ago. Fucking police, the second they think their life might be in danger, they unload their magazines into the general area of the perceived thread. No sense of civil service, no ability to think under pressure. Obviously these are huge overgeneralizations, but dammit they're true on a larger scale than they should be.

It's not just about their own lives, though. If a cop lets a kid shoot someone on their watch, they're gonna get the blame.

It's not just about their own lives, though. If a cop lets a kid shoot someone on their watch, they're gonna get the blame.

Not in the inner cities of most metropolitan areas. That's just not the case.

In "suburbia", maybe.

For the case what you're saying makes more sense, but I'll address that below. The instance I specifically referred to though, an officer had a gun pointed at him (the criminal was literally holding a college student hostage as a shield), and the cop let loose; I'll let you figure out the rest.

As for this case:

Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon from his waistband but had not pointed it at police. The boy did not make any verbal threats, but he grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands.

There's nothing definitive there. And KK's point is accurate in my experience from what I know about the two cities near where I live, and their bad areas. (Baltimore and DC).

And of course, the issue of race comes into play here. I'm also betting the police didn't just let the park goers stay and watch the shootout - I don't know how much danger the kid posed to bystanders. But not all of the facts are released.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

I don't know about finding peace with it, it's not something I really care about other than that I think it's natural that more blacks are killed by police when they are a bigger threat to the police (statistically) than whites are.

Since year 2000 there have been 2211 police officers killed in duty in America. You want to know how many there have been in Sweden in the same period? 1.

:lol:

Sweden, and the United States are virtually incomparable aside from both existing on planet Earth.

• Like 2

I don't know about finding peace with it, it's not something I really care about other than that I think it's natural that more blacks are killed by police when they are a bigger threat to the police (statistically) than whites are.

Since year 2000 there have been 2211 police officers killed in duty in America. You want to know how many there have been in Sweden in the same period? 1.

Sweden, and the United States are virtually incomparable aside from both existing on planet Earth.

Well....there was that whole "Swedish Bikini Team" thing a few years back....

PlayboyBikiniTeam.jpg

• Like 1

ferguson burning......

Ferguson-burning-flag.jpg

635524667936911148-GTY-459543186-6900019

-298c3b4abaf59343.JPG

Meh....they hurt their own cause.

As far as the nation goes, they wanted to bring the case to a Grand Jury....which they did....if they did not find enough "cause" to prosecute, then so be it. Them rioting only hurts their cause on a national level.

• Like 1

protesting and all that is fine, i even agree that something needs to be done about cops/civilian relations and cops shooting civilians. in this case however i dont see the "injustice" in this case. all the forensics pretty much match the officers story of events where as the eye witness accounts of the events changed, or were not compatible with the forensic evidence. if you want to find an injustice there are much better cases than this and george zimmerman.

burning and looting just makes everything look bad and makes all the innocent protesters that make up the far majority of these protests look bad as well. marching peacefully and in large numbers gets your point across much louder than looting, burning and stealing flat screen tvs.

This is gonna be ugly.

so far

residential house being burned with moltav cocktails

people running down the streets with moltavs

toys r us looted

shots fired

gas station on fire

a church van on fire

4 or 5 cars on fire

protester roughing up a reporter

residential house door kicked in/windows smashed

family dollar looted

shots fired

armed robbery of convenience store

tire store looted

gunman running through a crowd of people

that is just in the last 45 minutes.

on the scanner the place is called "the hot zone"

just inexcusable.

now there is a group with assault rifles.

Edited by bran

It was more to put it into a perspective as to why the policemen are more likely to shoot first and ask after. They have a dangerous job. If they make the wrong call they might die. Reality is also that a lot more of these kind of crimes are related to some races than what is proportional. Make what you want about it, I think it's fair to take it into account when discussing this however.

People (middle class people) always go 'oh, i don't understand why they burn their own communities and oh they're so stupid and don't they see they're only harming themselves' etc etc but thats the whole point, when you feel as if you are not being afforded the rights of a citizen these acts are a specific rejection of the country and what it stands for, it's symbolic, like if this is England then let England burn (America in this case).

'Leave off the Lennonist guff Len, they're just oppertunists!'

Look, a man that wants a snide telly can probably think of better way of getting one than participating in a riot, the looting is more of the same, fuck you, if we want to we can just take what we want...and they do. And I'm all for it personally, fuck em, when a community don't represent your shit, don't fuckin' have no kinda respect for your right well then go get yours the best way you know how, burn, loot, rob, do whatever, fuck em, fight em like they fight you.

I'm not a fuckin' expert but wasn't America founded on certain principles whereby if the government don't represent you you should go give em both barrels up the arse? I'm sure Jefferson put it better but it's something along those lines :lol:

Thats the bit i love about American history, just that spirit of 'fine, you wanna have it with us? see what happens!'. There is literally a take NO shit whatsoever mentality in America that i love. I dunno whether I've read your guyses history wrong or maybe not understood it correctly so forgive me if thats the case but like, your whole move towards nationhood began over unfair taxes right? And there's a bunch of hoo ha and the upshot is that England removed EVERY tax except the one and you boys went and threw a bunch of tea in the waters now this is where I rate America cuz if it was any other country on earth they would've accepted that compromise, God knows another former colony India accepted umpteen fuckin' compromises, fr all the good it done em but with yanks it was just that thing, fuck you, all or nothing...i love that personally.

And i see it reflected here, Americas a country founded on the backs of the man on the street, militias, ordinary folk that got up and got out in the street and claimed what was theirs.

• Like 3

I'm not a fuckin' expert but wasn't America founded on certain principles whereby if the government don't represent you you should go give em both barrels up the arse? I'm sure Jefferson put it better but it's something along those lines :lol:

Yeah that's the second amendment to a tee right there. If the government becomes tyrannical thou shalt nick his telly. :lol:

Yeah that's the second amendment to a tee right there. If the government becomes tyrannical thou shalt nick his telly. :lol:

The point Christopher is that the shops, the community, the laws, these things represent t'government so disobeying them is a specific rejection of what they stand for :lol:

And if you can ponce yourself a free plasma screen out of it well then thats two birds with the same johnny eh? :lol: