Is Axl sincere about releasing more music?

Do you believe Axl genuinely intends to release more music?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It bums me out, but I truly don't think we'll ever seen another GNR album in Axl's lifetime

I think you're very, very wrong. You don't think Axl is serious when he says he's seriously looking into it? that he would love to release more music? that he always considered Chinese to be a double? so why would he say those things? he proved he doesn't like to get people hoping anymore after what he said before Chinese was released and fans were mad as fuck about it. Nah... I think he's just late as usual, but that doesn't mean you won't see another GNR album released in Axl's lifetime. That's overreacting imo.

I don't believe for a second Axl will release just half of the work, it's not his style. It is his style though to be late as fuck to everything. Don't lose patience.

Do I think Axl is serious when he says it? Yes. I think he absolutely believes what he's saying. When I say that I don't think we'll get another album in his lifetime, I'm not saying I'm angry or that I don't believe Axl or anything like that. I'm just saying how I think things will go down based on my own view of things. I don't even think CD is the album Axl wanted to release. I love it personally, but had I don't think it's the album that would have been released if the skwerl leaks hadn't happened.

But Axl said musically, it was exactly the album he wanted to be released. I have no reason to think he's lying. Mag mocked my "don't lose patience" advice, but yeah...I think all we need is to wait. As always. Like I've waited 8 years for Chinese to come out, and it did. Axl is interested in releasing more music. Axl, in my opinion, can't stand the thought of releasing just half of the work. Will be like releasing UYI 1 and never releasing UYI 2.

Edited by Rovim

He's not going to say "the album is an aborted piece of shit and I fucking hate it" is he?

Why would he say that? he obviously likes the music he created. He's proud of it. He said not long ago that he would love to release more music, and talked about CD ll and the remix album, saying they are done. You don't bring that up years after you've completed the work if you think it's an aborted piece of shit.

Edited by Rovim

He's not going to say "the album is an aborted piece of shit and I fucking hate it" is he?

Why would he say that? he obviously likes the music he created. He's proud of it. He said not long ago that he would love to release more music, and talked about CD ll and the remix album, saying they are done. You don't bring that up years after you've completed the work if you think it's an aborted piece of shit.

Don't be naïve, every band/artist's new album or movie star's new film is the best one they've ever done or the best since bla bla bla... then a while later they are rubbishing it.

• Like 2

Don't be naïve, every band/artist's new album or movie star's new film is the best one they've ever done or the best since bla bla bla... then a while later they are rubbishing it.

Axl never said it was his best album, just that it's done, and he's interested in releasing it. And more then once. Don't be so jaded.

Edited by Rovim

That's what I was going to point out. Every time any artist comes out with a new album, they always say the same thing: "Now THIS is the album we wanted to make. So much better than XXXXXXXX which our heart wasn't in" or something similar.

Does this mean I'm not a GN'R fan or that I think Axl Rose is a liar? IMO, no. I've said this many times in the past; I believe Axl believe's what he's saying when he says it. I think he likes all the music on Chinese, therefore he can say he wanted to release it. However, I believe years from now when the dust settles on all of this, we'll find out that it was going to be a much different album prior to the skwerl leaks at the BBY deal.

• Like 1

That's what I was going to point out. Every time any artist comes out with a new album, they always say the same thing: "Now THIS is the album we wanted to make. So much better than XXXXXXXX which our heart wasn't in" or something similar.

Does this mean I'm not a GN'R fan or that I think Axl Rose is a liar? IMO, no. I've said this many times in the past; I believe Axl believe's what he's saying when he says it. I think he likes all the music on Chinese, therefore he can say he wanted to release it. However, I believe years from now when the dust settles on all of this, we'll find out that it was going to be a much different album prior to the skwerl leaks at the BBY deal.

But I guess my problem with what you're saying is that you have nothing to base it on. On the contrary, everything Axl said or did in the last few years points to the fact it was exactly the album he wanted to be released musically: what he said about it seemed honest to me. Played every song live, talked about the songs and the meaning of the songs too in detail. Why would you think it was dishonest? I mean...I think it's appropriate here to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is a product too, sure, but I just don't see what Axl said about Chinese as just a promotional thing. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

But I guess my problem with what you're saying is that you have nothing to base it on. On the contrary, everything Axl said or did in the last few years points to the fact it was exactly the album he wanted to be released musically: what he said about it seemed honest to me. Played every song live, talked about the songs and the meaning of the songs too in detail. Why would you think it was dishonest? I mean...I think it's appropriate here to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is a product too, sure, but I just don't see what Axl said about Chinese as just a promotional thing. :shrugs:

That's what I said about the music though; I believe he does like those songs, so he's free and clear in saying that he likes the album. It's not so much "dishonest" in my view as "playing the game" perhaps. In the end, you're right; none of us have any facts to base anything on. We're all just guessing and making things up based on our own perspectives. One thing is for sure; I would LOVE to be wrong. As I said before, I happen to love every song on Chinese except for CitR. So as far as I'm concerned, nothing would make me happier than Axl proving me wrong and releasing more music. I just don't have my hopes up for it any longer is all. Anything that happens from here out will be a pleasant surprise for me, which I'm at peace with.

Jesus Fucking Christ Rovim, have you been asleep for the past 15 years and somehow managed not to take the hint or something?

Don't stop believing dude :hug:

Do you have more to say about the topic at hand, or are you just going to spew ego driven bullshit? Gave my reasons to support my argument, and you're just criticizing my sleeping patterns. To me, that means you have nothing of substance to add.

Jesus Fucking Christ Rovim, have you been asleep for the past 15 years and somehow managed not to take the hint or something?

Do you have more to say about the topic at hand, or are you just going to spew ego driven bullshit? Gave my reasons to support my argument, and you're just criticizing my sleeping patterns. To me, that means you have nothing of substance to add.

I'm not even going to go there Rovin, you've obviously suffered some kind of head trauma given your recent posting habits and I'll just leave you to argue endlessly with whoever else posts here next :facepalm:

I'm not even going to go there Rovin, you've obviously suffered some kind of head trauma given your recent posting habits and I'll just leave you to argue endlessly with whoever else posts here next :facepalm:

You resort to personal attacks cause you have nothing more to add to the discussion. I've kept my focus on the topic at hand, and everything I've said was relevant to what this thread deals with. Making it about me is cheap, and it was uncalled for. And it's Rovim, not Rovin. Get it right.

• Like 2

Another Rovim instigated shitfest. Sweet. We really do need more of these.

Not instigating anything. Just discussed and shared my opinion on the matter. Some people just don't like it when you disagree with them. :shrugs:

I don't know, man. They way I read things is that you're usually the one to get snippy and cranky when people disagree with you about whether what a rock star said in an interview is completely true. :rofl-lol:

Maybe I'm wrong.

Another Rovim instigated shitfest. Sweet. We really do need more of these.

Not instigating anything. Just discussed and shared my opinion on the matter. Some people just don't like it when you disagree with them. :shrugs:

I don't know, man. They way I read things is that you're usually the one to get snippy and cranky when people disagree with you about whether what a rock star said in an interview is completely true. :rofl-lol:

Maybe I'm wrong.

I think you are. I welcome different opinions, but I'm not going to change my opinion just cause someone doesn't like it. I expect people to give me logical reasons to support their argument. And give me some credit here: I only care about what "some rock star" said in an interview cause it's relevant to something I want (unreleased music by that "rockstar")

Edited by Rovim

I'd like to think he finished most of the songs on the next album up and just has a few songs to get the band together and work on. It just came off as "I have to sit down and listen to what we have, I'm making no promises". Like I've said, I think the DVD was the first time he's dealt with the label since he put CD out so hopefully they discussed him putting new music. I doubt it's the same people he was dealing with trying to get CD out.

IMO he likes creating music and singing but at this point does not want the astronomical fame period he has already been through. He went from that extreme to the other - basically disappearing from the public for several years. I like how Duff put that issue, something like 'some people might say that is being reclusive; others might say it is surviving.'

So yes to this poll; maybe wants to stay active in singing live and recording, his way. While pulling the reins in on the rest of it at the same time.

It may be frustrating to others, but other hugely famous musicians did not survive their ride at the top.

• Like 1

I think deep down Axl would like to release new music but the problem is he doesn't deal with criticism very well and the whole Chinese Democracy experience - particularly the lukewarm reception that album got - has probably made him gun-shy about releasing anything else from those sessions or recording anything from scratch with the current lineup.

Edited by AxlsMainMan