Dizzy Reed/Hookers & Blow ANNOUNCE 2016 Tour Dates!

whoever goes I wanna see some pics!! extra points for a mygnrforum shirt in the pic!

I think I'm actually gonna wear mine to one of the shows :lol:

I want a pic then! You will become the forum mascot!

Edited by gunsguy

I'll be putting mine on before HN'B this Sunday as long as P5 doesn't have too much fun in Toronto and makes it to the Rochester show with my shirt. Since I'm saving on the shipping I'm not even gonna ask for my penny back on my 19.99 t-shirt purchase.

I live like 3 miles from the Rochester venue - I think I'll be able to make it :tongue2:

I was considering going to the NYC show tonight, but I just don't care enough anymore. I saw HNB back in like 2005-2006. Anyone from here going tonight?

I'd definitely go if I were in NYC.It's free (well for a Forum member)and this is probably the best lineup of Hn'B since they have Johnny Kelly of Type O Negative/Danzig on drums. I'm excited for the show on Sunday. For most people on here, Gn'R is our favorite band so it's cool to see a member play in a small venue and to hear some cool Gn'R tunes as well as whatever else they decide to play. Also Don Jamieson doing stand up comedy before HN'B should be good as well.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

Just got back from the H&B show with P5. Actually enjoyed it far more than I thought I would (it was held in a shit venue in a shitty part of town).

If you're fan of the UYI material (like me), you should probably check out the show. I'd never heard Pretty Tied Up, Dust N' Bones, and Bad Obsession performed live. The music was pretty good, even though Dizzy isn't the best singer (though at least he admits it).

Also fun hanging with P5.

• Like 3

Just got back from the H&B show with P5. Actually enjoyed it far more than I thought I would (it was held in a shit venue in a shitty part of town).

If you're fan of the UYI material (like me), you should probably check out the show. I'd never heard Pretty Tied Up, Dust N' Bones, and Bad Obsession performed live. The music was pretty good, even though Dizzy isn't the best singer (though at least he admits it).

Also fun hanging with P5.

Really enjoyed Pretty Tied Up and You're Crazy

How was the Toronto turnout? I'm guessing you guys were able to meet the band if you wanted? How did Don Jamieson go over? Did they have any shirts for sale?

The last time I saw Hookers N Blow with a full band, I think they had the guy from Puddle Of Mudd on drums.I'm a big Type O Negative fan so I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny Kelly on drums tomorrow.

How was the Toronto turnout? I'm guessing you guys were able to meet the band if you wanted? How did Don Jamieson go over? Did they have any shirts for sale?

The last time I saw Hookers N Blow with a full band, I think they had the guy from Puddle Of Mudd on drums.I'm a big Type O Negative fan so I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny Kelly on drums tomorrow.

About 75 people if you include the opening bands. No merch. I didn't stay for the meet but they said they would be hanging out after. Jamieson was hit and miss. A few good ones

According to P5, it was the shortest setlist he'd ever heard. Yeah, I'd say about 75 - 90 people were there. Not bad considering the terrible location and the lack of promotion (other than here, of course).

Wasn't that impressed by Don, but he tried. Not a fan of stand-up comics working a rock show. One or two of his jokes were alright, but meh, I wasn't really there to laugh.

Didn't see any t-shirts for sale. Dizzy and most of the band left almost immediately after the gig. They seemed like they were in a rush to get somewhere.

Have fun tomorrow and thanks again for organizing the ticket giveaway.

• Like 3

I got too drunk to remember the setlist. About 10 songs. Nothing I hadn't seen before except Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin'. Unfortunately my drunk is starting to wear off now and I just feel like shit.

Awesome hanging with Downzy :)

• Like 4

I'd never heard Pretty Tied Up, Dust N' Bones, and Bad Obsession performed live.

I hope next time Izzy guests with GNR we get Dust N' Bones, while I prefer 14 Years I think DNB is underrated and it'd be cool to see them perform it again.

I think the setlist was something like this:

Pretty Tied Up

It's So Easy

Dust N' Bones

Ziggy Stardust

Don't Cry

Bad Obsession

SCOM

Saturday Nights Alright For Fightin'

---

Sympathy For The Devil

Downzy - did I forget anything?

damnit wish I could have joined ya. P5 drunk would be amazing

Believe me, I'm not that exciting when I'm drunk :lol: I don't feel as shitty today as I expected though at least.

Pretty Tied Up

It's So Easy

Dust N' Bones

Ziggy Stardust

Don't Cry

Bad Obsession

SCOM

---

Sympathy For The Devil

Believe me, I'm not that exciting when I'm drunk :lol: I don't feel as shitty today as I expected though at least.

Yeah, wasn't You're Crazy in there as well? I could have sworn something was played between Pretty Tied Up and It's So Easy, but I could be wrong on that.

Tough to tell when you're talking about a band that announces to the crowd that it doesn't have a setlist... :P

Yeah GG, we missed you there. Couldn't believe P5 rushing the stage like that ;)

• Like 1

Pretty Tied Up

It's So Easy

Dust N' Bones

Ziggy Stardust

Don't Cry

Bad Obsession

SCOM

---

Sympathy For The Devil

Yeah, wasn't You're Crazy in there as well? I could have sworn something was played between Pretty Tied Up and It's So Easy, but I could be wrong on that.

Tough to tell when you're talking about a band that announces to the crowd that it doesn't have a setlist... :P

Yeah GG, we missed you there. Couldn't believe P5 rushing the stage like that ;)

Your crazy was played along with used to love her. Nothing was played between pretty tied up and easy. They were the first two

• Like 1