Ben Affleck on Real Time: Islamaphobia

Dan H.

It's war and there are no rules in war.

Really?

So by that logic, it would be perfectly fine for the U.S. to use all its resources (including nuclear weapons) to eliminate its foes.

So when Audie Murphy says 'war is hell' do you pull your bible out and starts look dictionary definitions of hell to compare and contrast it with...or do you use your loaf and realise its a figure of speech to denote that was is insane, much like there are no rules in war as a statement, its an oft-repeated one and it just means war is crazy, there are rules, there are standards there are proceedures...these sorts of considerations are often eschewed however when the bullets start flying and your primary concern becomes maintaining a lead-free arse.

When you make a statement like that and you get confronted with 'actually no, there is relevant legislation!' Its like somebody stick my head in a blender please :lol:

Yeah, we even have this organisation called the UN that dishes it out that everyone listens to :lol:

Ofcourse they don't, not even the US, that would be inconvenient to them. You know cause they have Guantanamo Bay and all. But we do have laws though.

Edited by MB.

It's war and there are no rules in war.

Really?

So by that logic, it would be perfectly fine for the U.S. to use all its resources (including nuclear weapons) to eliminate its foes.

So when Audie Murphy says 'war is hell' do you pull your bible out and starts look dictionary definitions of hell to compare and contrast it with...or do you use your loaf and realise its a figure of speech to denote that was is insane, much like there are no rules in war as a statement, its an oft-repeated one and it just means war is crazy, there are rules, there are standards there are proceedures...these sorts of considerations are often eschewed however when the bullets start flying and your primary concern becomes maintaining a lead-free arse.

When you make a statement like that and you get confronted with 'actually no, there is relevant legislation!' Its like somebody stick my head in a blender please :lol:

Len, I think AdriftatSea is perfectly capable of answering for herself, thanks for your 2 cents.

They should have had these people on Real Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_O3PSyXTjQ#t=999

When people talk about Muslims are not speaking out against ISIL, they are ignoring the fact there are countless Muslims on social media speaking out against them. Muslim leaders are speaking out. But when they are asked to apologize for ISIL they refuse because they know that ISIL are not real Muslims. Muslims are the biggest victims of ISIL but the media chooses to cover the mostly Christian Yahzids. Though they were being massacred, you can't ignore all the victims.

Yahzids are not christians at all, they have their own religion. They are basicly devil worshippers. The (sjiitic) muslims, and muslim kurds are covered in my country just as much. The difference is ISIS sees the yahzids as evil and they are definately killed when ISIS gets them, while the others might have a chance as long as they were not fighting ISIS and adjust.

Edited by MB.

Imagine if none of these people believed in sky fairies........

We'd just find some other reason to kill each other.
We wouldn't expect to be rewarded for it in eternity though. ;)
Everyone would be the same amount of dead though.
I suspect there would be less of 'em though. I mean how do you stop a man from fighting when he "knows" he's going to paradise? Take that away and I suspect their resolve would weaken somewhat no? :shrugs:

Imagine if none of these people believed in sky fairies........

We'd just find some other reason to kill each other.
We wouldn't expect to be rewarded for it in eternity though. ;)
Everyone would be the same amount of dead though.
I suspect there would be less of 'em though. I mean how do you stop a man from fighting when he "knows" he's going to paradise? Take that away and I suspect their resolve would weaken somewhat no? :shrugs:

I don't know. I think our violent impulses would adapt and find some other way to express themselves.

But even now, consider sheer numbers, it ain't the so-called extremists who are fucking the most shit up. I know, I know, it's accidental and we're trying to help so it doesn't count. See what I mean about adapting? :lol:

The emperor was seen as a god on earth was he not? But hell yes the Japs were also just fucking mental! :lol:

Funny you should mention that lot cuz I'm sitting here right now with James Elroy's new book and it's all about the Japanese in LA in WW2. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

I don't know. I think our violent impulses would adapt and find some other way to express themselves.

The way I see it it's about galvanising your power base and your "soldiers" for want of a better word. Hearts and minds and all that and somebody who doesn't fear death is never gonna surrender if they think there's a greater calling to serve. Simple as that really and it goes back to the old adage of "good people do good things and evil people do evil things but to make a good person do evil it takes religion". :shrugs: