Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

Ashba has the right tone and bends for his part

I believe you have never played an instrument, or at least a guitar. Ashba tone is horrible and he can't bend for shit. What are we talking about again?

it need more fat tone right?

Common Pito, the Guitar Hero guitar is not REAL guitar.

Do me a favor, write what you wanted to say in your language, then use Google translator and paste it here so I can understand what you're trying to say.

kwl, you can teach me english and guitar lessons.

Aren't you from Peru? Maybe i don't speak spanish either.

Tell me mote about Ashba tone please.

People don't teach lessons. People give lessons.

The reason why I asked to translate your post first was because I thought you'd be able to express yourself better in your language. Spanish is my first language, but unfortunately this is not a Spanish board. We are forced to write in English -- therefore my request.

I don't know what else I can say about Ashba tone, other than what I already did.

• Like 1

Ashba has the right tone and bends for his part

I believe you have never played an instrument, or at least a guitar. Ashba tone is horrible and he can't bend for shit. What are we talking about again?

it need more fat tone right?

Common Pito, the Guitar Hero guitar is not REAL guitar.

Do me a favor, write what you wanted to say in your language, then use Google translator and paste it here so I can understand what you're trying to say.

kwl, you can teach me english and guitar lessons.

Aren't you from Peru? Maybe i don't speak spanish either.

Tell me mote about Ashba tone please.

People don't teach lessons. People give lessons.

The reason why I asked to translate your post first was because I thought you'd be able to express yourself better in your language. Spanish is my first language, but unfortunately this is not a Spanish board. We are forced to write in English -- therefore my request.

I don't know what else I can say about Ashba tone, other than what I already did.

Zzzz not so much as always.

but anyway, thanks for teaching me lessons, and i little advice, you don't have to be forced.

On topic: When Asbha says Classic GNR sound, it is AFD or Illusions - those sounds very different, also different lineups...

Edited by Russel Nash

The interesting part was that they want to get in before the end of the year, that's the first time anyone of them has made any reference to a time frame... even if it might be another pie-in-the-sky comment from Ashba.

The interesting part was that they want to get in before the end of the year, that's the first time anyone of them has made any reference to a time frame... even if it might be another pie-in-the-sky comment from Ashba.

not the first time, remember the Vegas residency 1 n 2.

Lots of guys have tried to replicate the Appetite sound. All of failed.

For an outsider to come into a band and say that he can create the same thing that another line-up created - especially when that line-up created absolute magic seems a bit arrogant on DJ's part.

With that said, I do eagerly await to hear what an Axl-Dj collaboration sounds like. I hope we'll get to hear some songs from this line-up in early 2015.

Lots of guys have tried to replicate the Appetite sound. All of failed.

For an outsider to come into a band and say that he can create the same thing that another line-up created - especially when that line-up created absolute magic seems a bit arrogant on DJ's part.

With that said, I do eagerly await to hear what an Axl-Dj collaboration sounds like. I hope we'll get to hear some songs from this line-up in early 2015.

It will never sound like AFD, like Sorry will never sound like Doom Metal. That personal remarks comparing one music or sound to another is purely subjective.

Why is Ashba writing stuff that sounds like classic Guns N' Roses? What happened with "Axl vision" and wanting to "move forward" and "evolve our sound"?

Yea, then there is that.

It's so confusing. People bash Slash for staying true to his 80's and early 90's sound............but now the guitar player that replaced him is talking about writing stuff that sounds like 1988 GnR?

If GnR is going to start trying to replicate Appetite, wouldn't the original line-up do a better job of it than a bunch of guys who weren't in the band in 1988?

Also, statements like that do NOTHING to help DJ's credibility, especially to those who say he is a cliché who is trying to hard to be Slash2. If he wants people to stop thinking he's a complete poseur, then he and Axl should be writing/producing music that sounds like 2014 Guns n Roses. Not like 1987 Guns n Roses.

Edited by Groghan

Why is Ashba writing stuff that sounds like classic Guns N' Roses? What happened with "Axl vision" and wanting to "move forward" and "evolve our sound"?

Yea, then there is that.

It's so confusing. People bash Slash for staying true to his 80's and early 90's sound............but now the guitar player that replaced him is talking about writing stuff that sounds like 1988 GnR?

Cause he's just a not very good Slash follower.

Edited by Rovim

Translation:" I got nothing dude..nothing..Axl has something..i think.. but then us as a band.. we got nothing. Same shit different decade. We are about as useless carrying on the GNR legacy as is can be. We are hired help and nothing more.

Heres an idea for you...might work. probably would... cancel a fucking tour ..take that time to get ALL of your asses all into a studio/ reheasal studio and pound out some songs... and make sure that Axl is there. Put together 20 of your best efforts and put them on record. simple. straight forward. Break Axls fucking fingers the first time he tries to overproduce or tinker with the song.

More gold from this interview:

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing thats my sound. With Guns, I approach that very differently. Its me playing the early stuff, so its going to sound like me playing it. I try and stay as true to what was originally written as possible.

4bbf65c9-1011-4978-a7a0-21f4df4a7ae8_Bre

1191763_o.gif#hysterical%20laughter%20gi

• Like 2

I guess for the self-titled record after CD II.

I guess he kind of got the Dr Feelgood vibe on Saints of LA. but that had the actual band to play it. So he prob just means technically its the same d minor or whatever it is, same tricks. It's very worrying I have to say.

This:

But then again, it's in the eye of the beholder, or ears.

Sorry this is somewhat off-topic but:

Such a solid tune- still bums me out a little to hear demo's like this (or IRS, Better, etc)- knowing that he had some of these great tracks totally fleshed out (structure, dynamics, lyrics, arrangements), and for whatever reasons spent at least ten years(!) rerecording, overdubbing, layering, etc etc.

These are good, hook-laden rock songs- and 25 years ago they'd've gone into the studio, cranked them out and been done with it.

• Like 2

This:

Such a solid tune- still bums me out a little to hear demo's like this (or IRS, Better, etc)- knowing that he had some of these great tracks totally fleshed out (structure, dynamics, lyrics, arrangements), and for whatever reasons spent at least ten years(!) rerecording, overdubbing, layering, etc etc.

These are good, hook-laden rock songs- and 25 years ago they'd've gone into the studio, cranked them out and been done with it.

But he has improved it with Bucket's outro. On this 1999 version there is no release. The song really needed that imo and Bucket nailed it.

This:

But he has improved it with Bucket's outro. On this 1999 version there is no release. The song really needed that imo and Bucket nailed it.

Bucket nailed it yes, but for me the 99 demo is way better than the one that got released. 99 feel + bucket has been done by Evader, awesome stuff.

Ashba/Sixx:AM reddit AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ioaoi/we_are_dj_ashba_james_michael_and_nikki_sixx/

Only response to any question about Axl: "It's amazing working with Axl."

LOL... 265 comments and 79 upvotes. That settles it- no one gives a fuck about Sixx:A.M., or Ashba.

Or Nikki six, i never understood why ppl like Motley Crue in the first place. Why they got more success than Poison, another shitty band?