Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

You know i dug dj ever since i saw him with sixx am the guy can play n write a strong hook. Example(life is beautiful). Itd be nice to hear what hes written. Give the guy a chance. Maybe just maybe itll be as good as izzy n axl were.

It would have been easier to many here I'm sure if he wasn't such a fuckin' clown and did not produce horrid bend-like sounds out of his brand new burnt on purpose les paul guitar.

Edited by Rovim

It would have been easier to many here I'm sure if he wasn't such a fuckin' clown and did not produce horrid bend-like sounds out of his brand new burnt on purpose les paul guitar.

Ashba is a fine guitar player. An Ashba and Stinson record would go instant platinum.

• Like 2

I would prefer once again a more modern approach a la CD than an attempt to sound like old GNR (the only GNR). DJ is a very good guitarist and is talented as you can hear in Motley Crue (SOLA) or Sixx AM. CD is a nice album but not a Gnr albums it lacks the real Gnr touch... but I think it would be even worse for old GNR fans like me :lol: to see a pale copy of old sounds and rhythms... frustration is already there for so many fans since too many years... when you grow up with UYI and Appetite and you saw the breaking of THE band of the late80's-early 90's.

To have classic Gnr you need Izzy & Slash, what else?

DJ keeps saying he's written a bunch of stuff for GnR, and Axl likes his work. Unless he's lying, here's my guess as to what that means:

Every six months or so, Ashba goes into his home studio and records a bunch of riffs that sound like Appetite, emails them to Axl with a note that says "Maybe something like this?" Axl responds "Those sound great!" and then walks away from the computer, watches an entire season of Orange Is The New Black and never thinks about DJ's songs again.

#ConquerTheWorld

• Like 2

Ashba is a fine guitar player. An Ashba and Stinson record would go instant platinum.

This post actually caused the stock market to soar. You guys don't realize just how invested the world is in the genius work that Stusson and Absha create.

• Like 1

Everyone always fears Axl writing with Ashba. What I'd ideally love is a quickly assembled Lies style mostly acoustic album mostly co-written with Tommy. I still listen to Village Gorilla Head all the time. Guy's a terrific songwriter. I may as well wish for my dick to splooge out thousand dollar bills of course.

Something like Rose Bar sessions would make a great release, especially now with axl's failing vocals. It'd be easier for him to sing. They could throw in a few new tracks, make a nice little acoustic cd live with tracks from both albums. It'd sell like pancakes.

I would trust dizzy if dizzy would give out more info like the actual title and tracklisting and confirmation robin bucket brain continuation cause we all know the cd wont be called cd2 it will be a different title

Edited by pockets

I would trust dizzy if dizzy would give out more info like the actual title and tracklisting and confirmation robin bucket brain continuation cause we all know the cd wont be called cd2 it will be a different title

Foolish mistake. The only person you can trust a little when it comes to GnR is Axl. And even that's doubtful at times.

Am I the only one who thinks Ashba's 6am stuff is mediocre? I know it sells units and many folk like it, nothing wrong with that since it's nothing atrocious or anything, it just isn't anywhere near the level of GNR, I don't really like Slash and Myles records that much but I'd place it two levels above 6am.

The guy can play to a reasonable degree, his solo sections are enjoyable and some of the 6am solos are fine, that's the scope I have from the guy, the Stars song he did sounded a lot like bullet for my valentine tears don't fall for christ sake, his riffs and melodies seem weak to me and the same old same old, I didn't mind his solo album it was alright for what it was just his playing, his songwriting is undesirable if he plans on incorporating that in Guns. I'm sure with the other guys adding (if they're allowed since DJ seems the wingman) it can all blend nicely, fuck knows if we'll ever see them reach that stage.

username how is it foolish mistake when axl is not going to reveal the actual title or tracklisting or robinbucketbrain confirmation before the end of 2014

we're spinning our wheels with no real news on an assumed new gnr album in the works and it's already nov 2014

we know nothing about the next gnr cd. let's look at the facts. fact #1 we don't have an album title fact #2 we don't have a OFFICIAL CONFIRMED tracklisting fact #3 we don't know who does the guitar solos fact #4 we don't have a release date fact #5 we don't know what store will sell it and fact # ..... we basically know nothing about another new gnr album and 2014 is coming to a close with turkey day and xmas without any concrete official news

Edited by pockets

I honestly wouldn't trust anything Ashba, Dizzy or Stinson say about a new GnR album. As proven with the years of build toward 2008, they're likely fed lines to give interviewers in case they're asked about the progress.

The only thing I'd expect from Ashba in ChiDem2 would be re-recorded riffs; I'm sure the majority of the album has been mastered years ago and is sitting on a hard drive in california.

I would be fine with Ashba making four/five solos and limited songwriting contributions behind 4tus and BBF, with BBF I know he's capable of interesting directions and a wealth of innovation, I'd like Buckethead's work to be infront of ANYONE else. I know Ricky boy has very little Out There in terms of commercial viability but I get a safe vibe from the guy that he could easily come up with solid ideas. Finck has proven capable. Ashba's stuff obviously sells but I really don't find it good enough for Guns, he is only decent to dodgy on the live performance scale for me being objective here, if I was attending a show I;d give him a pass obviously as I'd damn expect it but also probably be a bit drunk and accepting, a few solos of Ashba I can take, he's an alright player, nothing amazing but capable here and there.

Some people still claim Paul Huge Tobias is this musical genius. Seriously, even Ashba is a better songwriter than him.

At least Paul Tobias helped write TWAT. Hell, even his piano on that is pretty good. Also helped write Catcher and Prostitute.

I can't believe he has the audacity to come out with something like that. I wish a member of the original band would call him out on it.

What I don't understand is why Duff is so buddy-buddy with him? How can he look at DJ with his top hat and stand next to him while he butchers' Slash's solos, then hawk his AshbaSwag?

10313811_633171366771343_128700612519184

Sigh... I still love you, Duff.

Amir why the hell did you have to bestow this heinous Duff/Dj hybrid?? I must bleach my eyes immediately... :wow: The truth is said to set you free but not in this case, too much swag for me to take...

There was another photo with him holding up the tee, but I couldn't find it.

Really makes me sad :(

10254348_652730601488516_740272309_n.jpg

"ROSE * McKAGAN * ASHBA #gunsnroses"

:no: