Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

Well he's good at making weak imitations in Sixx:AM too. That Stars song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbjLTK2VYXA#t=115

actually sounds quite a bit like bullet for my valentine, whom I don't like much from either but it's definitely a better song and they are highly popular for obvious reasons

Sounds more like a weak Nickelback to me :rofl-lol:

It does have the swag(ger) of a really weak Nickelback song, I actually don't mind a few Nickelback tunes, mostly off their first record, they are light years ahead of Sixx:AM, Ashba has a few good solos in him but that's about all I want of him anywhere near GNR songwriting...

I think DJ could write some killer Guns-songs. Him playing other peoples' material might be a bit so-so at times, but he really shines when it comes to his own stuff (Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures).

It's odd how people's taste can differ completely from one to another.

What is even weirder is that people argue over personal preferences and even go so far as to ridicule other people for preferring whatever they prefer.

• Like 2

I guess Axl didn't tell Ashba that the band is breaking up...

I can just see him turning up to a gig on his own, his GnR songbook in hand :lol: Hangs about inside getting Axls voicemail, decides to leave, confronted by the Terminator out the door.

Assessment: A Cunt.

Within the next year, according to Fortus last quote.

But we all know that even if Axl gave that impression to Fortus, he can just say fuck that and delay it. Axl is the only one I take seriously (lol)

Yep. Follow the leader, but what if he's insane? this is why I'm thinking 2 to 3 years. If we're counting the 6 years behind us (and we fuckin' do) it's probably going to be between 2 to 3 maybe 4 years If I had to guess until CD ll is released. So 8 to 10 years for another album. Axl is brutally insane musically as well.

Axl wants to release every album as if it was jesus himself coming back for the second time to life. So the record company can...say no? what can they do? not give him the money and more negotiations.

Edited by Rovim

More gold from this interview:

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing thats my sound. With Guns, I approach that very differently. Its me playing the early stuff, so its going to sound like me playing it. I try and stay as true to what was originally written as possible.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? It's gibberish.

You guys are assholes for making fun of DJ's #speechimpediment like that! He often pronounces "shit" as "like classic Guns n' Roses". :fuckyou:

Jesus Christ. Just looking at your sig has given me a genuine freak-out moment. It has actually been five years since Axl heavily suggested we'd get album 2 (November 2009). That is almost as bad, and in some ways worse than the original CD delays because this time he already has two records almost finished!

But we all know that even if Axl gave that impression to Fortus, he can just say fuck that and delay it. Axl is the only one I take seriously (lol)

Yep. Follow the leader, but what if he's insane? this is why I'm thinking 2 to 3 years. If we're counting the 6 years behind us (and we fuckin' do) it's probably going to be between 2 to 3 maybe 4 years If I had to guess until CD ll is released. So 8 to 10 years for another album. Axl is brutally insane musically as well.

Axl wants to release every album as if it was jesus himself coming back for the second time to life. So the record company can...say no? what can they do? not give him the money and more negotiantions.

Before the delays were the label just saying its not ready and members leaving because of that.

This time the record is already done. Axl was thanking "our producer Caram" at the Lifetime awards. Must have got it in the bag.

So now, the label and Axls demands etc.

2015-2020.

• Like 1

This time the record is already done. Axl was thanking "our producer Caram" at the Lifetime awards. Must have got it in the bag.

Again, what?

What record? I doubt anything is already "done" when the lead guitarist says he hasn't recorded anything for it. It also looks like he is out.

Are we supposed to believe that Axl is hoping to release Buckethead and Robin takes or is Ashba going to carry the whole load? If so, that's going to be Baaaaad

Edited by Rustycage

Before the delays were the label just saying its not ready and members leaving because of that.

Nah. I'm pretty sure they left because Axl takes forever to finish everything, not because of the label's attitude over the quality of CD.

I think this time the record is done. So it's 2006. A couple years maybe.

Within the next year.

Nah. I'm pretty sure they left because Axl takes forever to finish everything, not because of the label's attitude over the quality of CD.

I think this time the record is done. So it's 2006. A couple years maybe.

Within the next year.

Seems legit.

A little legit
Maybe
Not really
  • Like 1

Again, what?

What record? I doubt anything is already "done" when the lead guitarist says he hasn't recorded anything for it. It also looks like he is out.

Are we supposed to believe that Axl is hoping to release Buckethead and Robin takes or is Ashba going to carry the whole load? If so, that's going to be Baaaaad

Axl said CD II and remix already done. So they are looking to release it. Back in 2006 they had 30 songs. 26 finished. Ron added parts to lots of finished songs. So this is what Axl is talking about I reckon. Maybe add parts by Dj. Maybe 2020.

Label said CD was not ready? Source please.

Chinese Whisper. Ezrin said it was not ready to mix in 2000.

Label said CD was not ready? Source please.

Chinese Whisper. Ezrin said it was not ready to mix in 2000.