Dj Ashba: The stuff I've written sounds like classic Guns N' Roses

DJ Ashba: I’ve always had my own sound. It’s the same way with Sixx: A.M.

You can go back to demo tapes in the ’90s. And even though I wasn’t a pro player yet, I still had a certain sound that sounds like I play today. It’s a unique sound.

When you hear me solo, I just have a certain style of playing that’s my sound.

Fucking hell, if you're that good people would notice it, without you having to boast about it in an interview

• Like 2

Robert: Can we expect a Guns N’ Roses CD anytime soon?

DJ Ashba: Well, we hope so. That’s our main focus. Lack of songs is not our problem. It’s just getting into the studio.

The stuff I’ve written sounds like classic Guns N’ Roses. It’s very much what I grew up on, what I loved about the band. So that’s kind of the direction that my songs.

Im done. Im done. This isnt the first time Ive heard such a statement but will be my last post on this forum until a GNR record does comes out or hell freezes over (I guess the latter will come first)

1. What would it take to ''get in'' the studio? Is it the side projects that are short lived or not mainstream? Is it the "idle" downtime thats been eating up the time?! GNR has been touring since years now... a band across the street can make a decent sounding record in their toilets nowadays.

2. So what DJ is writing might not even come up till we turn 80!!! At the pace that GNR operation works, DJ's material but not even get released or recorded. Im pretty sure DJ might have written a few 60 second demos and then washed his hands off em. Saying how much hes writing for GNR showcases him as a creative guy or a messiah for all those GNR album waiting fans, although Im pretty sure now that hes just a hired hand like everybody else in the band.

I guess Im not mad at all at Axl. He must continue with GNR. He has mental issues that I am sympathetic too. Its like a retarded kid who sticks his finger in his rectum n then smells it. You cant be mad at that...

Good on ya Axl. Continue your quest to triumph in your head.

For me, the true rockers are the LIFERS. Phil Anselmos, the Lemmys, the ACDC, the Slash's. Continuing releasing and playing music till they drop dead. Good or mediocre, atleast theyre continuing what they wanted to do when they were kids. Play rock n roll.

• Like 3

Im done. Im done. This isnt the first time Ive heard such a statement but will be my last post on this forum until a GNR record does comes out or hell freezes over (I guess the latter will come first)

You only lasted about 2,5 years and 94 posts. That's not even a day on the GnR clock.
  • Like 2

you guys are on Ashba a lot, but his solo part on Nov Rain sounds more like old guns than the other two, Fortus is ok but choppy, and Bumbles tone is too high for the outro, Ashba has the right tone and bends for his part, i wish he did all 3 solos on the song

What is "anti-GNR" anymore? To me, this band could be anything at this point.

good point have to agree , but being a dinosaur i guess i was meaning anti gnr compared to the original 5 ... there have been other members that imo did not fit in gnr for various reasons but never had a hate on for any member until this jack ass .

posertrannyhack

you guys are on Ashba a lot, but his solo part on Nov Rain sounds more like old guns than the other two, Fortus is ok but choppy, and Bumbles tone is too high for the outro, Ashba has the right tone and bends for his part, i wish he did all 3 solos on the song

You'd rather hear Ashba's out of tune/inaccurate bends on the outro solo? Dear God. If even Bucket or Slash played those bends out of tune at times, please, do not let me hear Ashba playing it. Ever. I really mean it.

• Like 1

Ashba has the right tone and bends for his part

I believe you have never played an instrument, or at least a guitar. Ashba tone is horrible and he can't bend for shit. What are we talking about again?

it need more fat tone right?

Common Pito, the Guitar Hero guitar is not REAL guitar.

Ashba... nobody cares....

Pretty much this, nobody cares at this point.

I believe you have never played an instrument, or at least a guitar. Ashba tone is horrible and he can't bend for shit. What are we talking about again?

Do me a favor, write what you wanted to say in your language, then use Google translator and paste it here so I can understand what you're trying to say.

Do me a favor, write what you wanted to say in your language, then use Google translator and paste it here so I can understand what you're trying to say.

kwl, you can teach me english and guitar lessons.

Aren't you from Peru? Maybe i don't speak spanish either.

Tell me mote about Ashba tone please.

Ashba doesn't bend. He bwendz. Ya'll can't recognize Slashfection when you hear one.

Did you see those fingers? almost no nail. i really think that's the problem.

Don't be mad. DJ is shit live.

not at all, look at this shit:

b275c40e1a7888b5aeddd20df4cde04e.jpg

fat fingers = no fat tone

Edited by Russel Nash

Ashba doesn't bend. He bwendz. Ya'll can't recognize Slashfection when you hear one.

Did you see those fingers? almost no nail. i really think that's the problem.

Don't be mad. DJ is shit live.

not at all, look at this shit:

b275c40e1a7888b5aeddd20df4cde04e.jpg

No, I don't wanna. :scared: