What do you prefer AFD and Lies or the Illusions?

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Overall, UYI

Wider range of material - you still have the aggressive AFD rock stuff (YCBM for example) along with the more experimental and adventurous material (Coma, Estranged) and various bits inbetween.

AFD and Lies are great, but I find myself going back to the UYI stuff more as far as studio recordings go. I find myself listening to more of the live version of the big 3 UYI tracks.

That said, AFD got me into music in the first place...

Probably the Illusions, as there's a good mix of rocking stuff akin to AFD and alongside the epic piano songs and Izzy numbers.

I must admit I rarely listen to AFD these days ( bootleg will be the go to usually ) but that's not because I don't like the album- it just suffers from being full of the standards you've heard a bajillion times, like Sabbath's Paranoid or Led Zep IV.

Come on man!

Appetite is the best rock n' roll album ever.

It's right up there with Back in Black, Powerslave, I Hate Freaks Like You, Pump, and Road To Ruin.

UYI is great but it is also not great.

There is 1 UYI song that would fit in Appetite and this song is You Could Be Mine.

There is 1 UYI outtake that would fit in Appetite and this song is Ain't Going Down.

Both songs were written on the Appetite "era".

Edited by ludurigan